Mask AI v1.2.0

Are you using the Creative Drivers because with my 1050 i don’t have any issues with the Game Ready Driver?

After manually adding Mask to Nvidia, as bussty suggested, it works for me to!
Thanks Don and bussty for help!

Well, no! This morning I thought I had a working Mask but still not working as it should…
Now it does not crash every time, but about half of the images I have tested today crashed.

everybody seems to do tutorials with nice sharp horizons and when they do have a small tree sticking up theirs easily masks it.
I has lots of complicated trees or lighthouses with fine lines and it always misses railings and small things and when I try to put them back in, I mark them in green or blue to recompute and it does not change…

Please tell the experts to do a tree sticking well up above the horizon with a hundred or so holes for the sky to come through… or my favorite, a big gnarly old oak tree with thousands of small branches and mask that.
I could do the canyon wall long before mask AI came by and so far it has not helped me with making this process easier…
It doesn’t seem to be much of the heavy lifting that I bought it for…

1 Like

Please go to Help=> Graphics info and press Copy and paste the information here.

Whay has changed on your pc since yesterday? E.g. OS updates, driver updates etc.

The other thing I world recommend is that you remove Mask AI from the list on your NVIDIA control panel as in your previous post Mask AI was already using your GTX1060.

Application & Version: Topaz Mask AI Version 1.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 445.87

CPU RAM: 16316 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

Preview Limit: 6816 Pixels

Yesterday I updated driver for my graphics card, but I did not notice any improvement.
Made the said change in NVIDIA Control, and now Parrot tut worked. I tested with one of my own images and that to worked to (with Auto Detect). Made a post here that it worked.
Later in the evening I tested more and noticed Mask crashes sometimes, sometimes not…
Today I can not make Auto Detect work at all. Parrot tut crash every time no matter setting (or completely resetting) in NVIDIA.

EDIT: After posting I had one successful try with the parrot! Closed Mask and immediately tried again and now, crash.

Do you only have the one GPU on your PC?

I have a Thinkpad USB 3 dock that includes a GPU. (Not connected to any monitor.)
I deactivated it now, but the poor parrot crashed again…
Beside that, only the 1060.

Remove the setting for Mask AI out of the NVIDIA control panel (I believe you added it the other day) so set it back to Global Setting, and go to Windows Settings, Graphics Settings and add Mask AI there and select the High-Performance GPU there.

I believe there is a conflict at the system level with the GPUs.

I did that High-Performance setting yesterday for Studio and Mask, but did not seem to help.
Removed Mask from NVIDIA this morning, set NVIDIA to default.
Still no go.

Update:
Uninstalled Mask, restart PC, and installed Mask again.
Default setting was CPU, so I tried that without changing anything and now it works!
Very slow, but no crashes so far.

Update2:
Changed to GPU in Mask, and no crashes so far!
So for me, this time, a reinstall of Mask was the solution.
I hope… :slight_smile:
Thanks again for your support Don!

1 Like

Can you tell me what the GPU in the Docking Station and what is in the PC?

The (now disabled) USB GPU is ThinkPad, manufactured by DisplayLink.
In PC I have a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB.

1 Like

After seeing all the issues I waited to install the new Mask AI update. I used the auto update that had me update two more times until I received v1.2.2.
I checked out the tutorials without any issues. So today I tried it out again and using one of my photos Mask AI crashed. I had the tri mask and added a background color, then when working with the color dropper I had the crash.

Application & Version: Topaz Mask AI Version 1.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.19

CPU RAM: 16323 MB

Video RAM: 4096 MB

Preview Limit: 6250 Pixels

Encountered a lot of crashes with Mask Ai 1.2.2. The first pass is Ok, but when I tried to make some fine adjustments, it crashed. Done a few reinstall already but of no avail.

I am using an iMac2019, 5K with i9 CPU, 64Gb Ram, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB and Catalina 10.15.4.

I also have set to use GPU in preference.

I wish to add that the crash occurred when I try masking out trees, but not on simple objects.

Updated to 1.2.3 and the crashes are back!!!
Reinstalled several times but parrot tut crash every time.

(NOTE! Link at the top of Change log page installs 1.1.1… )

The update should pick it up for you. It is really confusing in your case as I have a 1050 with 4GB and no problems so it cannot be related to the GPU.

When you install the update don’t run it immediatly from the installer, instead exit the installer and run it from the Icon. Then click on Reset in the Advanced Preferences and run the parrot tutorial.

This should select GPU processing and should complete the calibration and the tutorial.

Have just installed 1.2.3. I’m afraid we’re back to a situation where fixing one bit unfixes another, like we had in some of the earlier versions.

This is bizarre because I just uninstalled V1.2.2 and installed V1.2.3 and everything seems to work. Surprised at the fact that many systems are not able to run it but that is how it goes. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

Now my question, there was a tutorial back a few versions that when you ran it the first time, it walked you through a typical masking operation where you were able to remove the sky in amongst the branches of a tree. Can someone point me to a link to that tutorial?

Thanks!

It (parrot) is working now after restart of PC.
So for now I will not touch it… :slight_smile:

1 Like