Mask AI v1.2.0

GPU was selected, and I had GPU Optimization off and it seems to work.
I just turned GPU Optimization back on and it took a while for the mask computation to move past 11%, but it did complete. Here is that GPU info:
Application & Version: Topaz Mask AI Version 1.2.2

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 26.20.100.7870

CPU RAM: 16151 MB

Video RAM: 1500 MB

Preview Limit: 3910 Pixels

My computer specs.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1903
Alienware Aurora R8 9th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i9 9900K (8-Core/16-Thread, 16MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.7GHz on all cores)
NVIDIAĀ® GeForce RTXā„¢ 2080 Ti GDDR6 (Over Clock Ready)
Installed Memory (RAM) 32GB Dual Channel HyperXā„¢ DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz
850W EPA Bronze PSU Liquid Cooled Chassis
Photoshop CC Version 21.1.0 release
Internet provider Century Link fiber optic Gigabit

I started with downloading and installing Mask 1.2.0. When I was done there was a notification of an update and I downloaded and installed that. There was another update notification and now Iā€™ve got v1.2.0.2b installed and working just fine. Itā€™s taking much less effort to let the AI know what I want done to the image. In a tree with several hundreds of open sky spaces through the leaves, I put in 10 little dots to identify sky I wanted removed. In a building railing there were about 45 places where open sky showed through the bars in the railing. I put in 3 dots, and pressed the compute button. I got a beautiful mask with less than 2 minutes of preparation.

@terryleemartin13 1.2.0.2b is a beta version - the current public version is 1.2.2.

Yes - agree with you.

1 Like

This update creates the same Photoshop Plug-In error Iā€™ve had before. Itā€™s probably just because Iā€™m still running an old version of PS, but other that this minor error everything works as it should.

Plug-ins that failed to load:

Topaz Mask AI Beta Automation NO VERSION - - from the file ā€œC:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Mask AI\PS_Plugins\MaskAIAutomationWin32.8liā€
Topaz Mask AI Beta Automation NO VERSION - - from the file ā€œC:\Program Files\Topaz Labs\Topaz Mask AI\PS_Plugins\MaskAIAutomationWin32BETA.8liā€
Installed TWAIN devices: NONE

Please note, everybody, use the Graphics settings in the Windows settings to allocate the correct GPU as it is easier.

It looks like you have the previous version still installed or you have dragged the plugins into the PS plugin location at some point in time.

Uninstall the previous version or delete these plugins if it is already uninstalled.

You donā€™t have sufficient dedicated vRAM and this GPU is not supported.

Do you have a alternative high performance GPU on your system? If so, allocate it to Mask AI under Graphics settings in the windows settings, otherwise use CPU as the processing option.

Iā€™m running current Ps CC & having issues too.

Please go to Help-> Graphics info and press Copy and paste the information here

1 Like

I had already deleted those files from my previous install to clear the error. As far as I can tell these were reinstalled by the update. I just deleted them again.

1 Like

Pls see info in post 27. Does that address what youā€™re asking for, Don?

No it is time consuming to go through all the screenshots you put up where we just need the following which the Help-> Graphics info provides and it is actually post 28 anyway:

Application & Version:
Operating System:
Graphics Hardware:
OpenGL Driver:
CPU RAM:
Video RAM:
Preview Limit:

Hi Paul. When I saw that ā€œbā€ I felt it must be a BETA as well. But I discarded that thought because the notification to update came up in a window just after I made the installation from the link given for the public version. I hadnā€™t been using a BETA version to update from. So I canā€™t explain how I would have been instructed to update to a BETA from a public version. There were three updates that occurred. The first was from the link given. The second was after clicking the ā€œthere are updates availableā€ button. The third was after I finished installing the second one and the update available window was there again. Since I hadnā€™t been using a BETA version I assumed the b was just maybe a minor update.
I did my review from the last update and didnā€™t even think about it. As I look at my control panel now, it does show as a BETA version.

okay. will check tomorrow. on my tablet it showed 27ā€¦

1 Like

I started a trial tonight and I have the same problems as bussty.
ā€œMask AI will always crash when running even Topazā€™s parrot tutorial and using Auto Select Items causes a crash.ā€
Here is my Graphic Info:
Application & Version: Topaz Mask AI Version 1.2.2
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.59
CPU RAM: 16316 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 6639 Pixels

Is the GPU selected in the preferences? If it is try using CPU, if not select the GPU.

Try this worked for me, good luck.

If you see his settings it is already in use.

The other option to allocate a GPU is to use the Graphics settings in the Windows Settings.

GPU or CPU, same result. Crash every timeā€¦