In-App Update Not Opening Installer

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.] My ai needs two updates and when I attempt to do them the system won’t do it. I click on update and then install. Nothing happens.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

Topaz Photo AI [v1.x.x] on [Windows/Mac]

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

This sounds like an issue with the in-app update option. Follow along with the directions below to update your app:

First please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also make sure no settings configuration in your Windows system could be interfering.

Try using this link to update: Topaz Photo AI | Windows Installer

It says 2 updates available. When I click on “Install” button the program closes. I have tried several times.
As an aside; When I look at your “help” page it is all very confusing. I see people writting questions, but the responses are never clear and seem to be other users trial and error efforts. I would like to see real answers, and in a format that looks like a real answer from Topaz and not just another post. Also now that I have typed in this box I see no way to send it.

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

There is something unique going on with the upgrade process and it seems to be a local issue as people can upgrade with the downloaded file.

This has worked for most, go here and download 2.3.2 and try and install in locally.

Currently running 2.3.0 and attempting to update 3.2.2. No error message, the process just stops.

1. Start app
  2. click on 2 Updates Available
  3. click on Update

Topaz Photo AI [v3.2.0] on [Windows
2024-02-17-20-11-10.tzlog (43.3 KB)
]

Download the full installer for the current version from the main website or the 2.3.2 release thread on this forum and install that.

Or, better still, there will be a link to the latest version you are entitled to on your account page.

3 Likes

The download was successful, thanks for the quick reply!

I am version 3.2.0 and am not able to install updates 3.2.1 and 3.2.2. It happens on both my computers. One is windows 10 and one is windows 11

1. Step 1
  2. Step 2
  3. Step 3

It appears to be something locally with different machines that is creating the challenge with installing from the software directly. I ran the update on my Windows 11 machine through TPAI and it ran fine. Others are having the same challenge while for some it works just fine.

Did you try to download it directly/locally and run it? This has been working on most machines that have had issues with the update. Just grab the latest release and run it to bring your application to the current version.

Here’s a link to the release.

I didn’t realize I needed to download new installer. Worked fine once I did. My bad. Thank you.

Glad you are back up and running!

You are supposed to be able to update through the application but for some reason it is downloading but would not install. Downloading it and installing locally is a work around. You were attempting to do it correctly but needed to use a backup plan that appears to work pretty well.

I’m sure that Topaz tech is working on the resolution to the problem.

1 Like
  1. I press update available,
  2. then press update
  3. it start to load the update
  4. I might close Topaz AI too early?
  5. Update process stop
  6. I was not able to start it again nor remove it, so I restart Pc
  7. Now when I tried run the process: Open Potaz AI, press update available, then press update
  8. Then update available has text “install now”
  9. I press it, It only close Topaz AI!

Topaz Photo AI [2.3.0.] on [Windows]

[update crashes after clicking install now.]

1. Step 1 - click download update
  2. Step 2 - click update
  3. Step 3 - click Install now on the upper right corner Topas AI crashes immeditely.

Please help!

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.