Gigapixel v8.0.0

the upscale works even better than i could imagine, it’s truly a masterpiece xdddd

(after)
(before)

but in fact this model has a huge potential, works very well with detailed images, and is refined competently. The Achilles heel of both recovery and redefine is noise on a solid fill, but it is not so difficult to fix in post-processing

1 Like

Hi, i am currently using Gigapixel 6.3 and its very stable with our works and PC. I would like to try Gigapixel 8.0 but i dont want to upgrade my existing programme. Is there any way around that i can install newer version and use both versions side by side to do testing with our daily work before switching everything in newer in one go. Thanks and looking forward for help. @dakota.wixom @david.123

There are currently quality differences between Mac and Windows when using Redefine. The team is working on closing this gap with a patch update.

Very interesting. Did you use a prompt to make it sketch-like or is that a result of the texture coming from the model? You can try a lower texture setting which may help. Cheers

yep, was used prompt “anime art, young girl and boy in classroom”

creativity - 6
texture - 5
sharpen and denoise - 10
it was purely an experiment

at the moment the best settings for most images are creativity 2, texture 1/2 and denoise 1-3.
with these settings the quality is preserved as with recovery, but at the same time where necessary - it adds details.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Sell the radeon and get a nvidia maybe?

Much less expensive is the cloud.

Now about that… (when the subject is up)
I’m beginning to feel that my rx6700 is turning out being a bit to weak for all the wonders I’ve seen people do with both PAI and GAI.

I initially thought about getting the 7900 but there’s so much talk about Nvidia is so much better for what we do here… Is that true? Would I be better off with a 4070 or a 4080 super instead?

I accidentally hit cloud render for one of my tests, canceled at 0%, but still lost those credits.

1 Like

My only experience with Windows rendering in Topaz is on the computers at work (i9 Dell Precision 3660’s with NVIDIA 4090’s). I’ve done quite a few Gigapixel Redefine renders and have got a pretty good feel.

Normally I work on Macs but they just don’t cut it here, at the moment.

Even with the 4090 there is a bit of waiting to be done, and I’ve experienced routine crashes when doing too much batch processing.

1 Like

Here’s your daily dose of Redefine inspiration!

Original from an AI render:

Extreme crop of the background upscaled in GP (6X as I recall):

Trying to add some subject matter on the road in Photo AI – in most cases Remove adds something but this time it worked properly :wink:

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 1.50.01 PM

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 1.50.54 PM

So into Photoshop to add a horse and hay wagon, with additional artsy and cyan reduction:

You know the expression “don’t put the cart before the horse”? I unexpectedly got one of those in PS :wink:

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 2.10.59 PM

And another:

redorig

3 Likes

ISSUE: GAI 8.0 seems to have only a single female face

1 Like

yepp. :smiley:

Hello.

with the 4090 there is a bit of waiting to be done, and I’ve experienced routine crashes when doing too much batch processing

“With great power must come great responsibility”

Ha-ha! I couldn’t resist!

Jokes aside, as powerful as the RTX 40 series is, it has one major super flaw… Windows!

That said, a small tip, Windows systems needs CONSTANT purging, especially any tasking inference, ect. workloads.

I just purchased this version and was trying to install it on my Windows 11 Lenovo Laptop and it cannot install v8.0.0 because it cannot install the current version that is already residing on my computer. Admittedly, the version currently on my computer is 6.3.3. Is this a bug or is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for any assistance that can be provided!

That horse hitched up the cart is a great art work! :smile:

Really love dog image.

Maybe I’ll use some of the money my (sadly) recently departed mother left me to buy myself a supercomputer so I can play with the product.

But my sense is I can get faster AI gen results in Ps.

1 Like

That’s very interesting! I had to check it out. I thought everyone in my “Guitar Girls” series looked related!

I’m just a visitor in Windows-land for the sake of Topaz (taking one for the team…).

I did discover that after a failed batch, quitting and relaunching GP got it going again.

I was remoting to the PC from a Mac Studio across the hall in my office, copying and pasting source images and results back and forth. At one point I had to reboot the PC to get the copying to the Mac going again.

Thanks, you mean the horse before the cart one? :wink: