Gigapixel v6.2.2

Constantly crashes and freezes since the last patch. Hangs at either 11% OR 22% and never resumes. will occasionally lock up the entire computer requiring a hard restart.

1 Like

it doesnt do anything for me. the test picture is 600x400. i can’t get gigapixel to work
 i paid so much cash for that. wow. It stopped completly working. What could i do??

Get in contact with the Topaz customer support team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, what about version 6.2.1? I saw that theoretically it should be officially released soon. Because I saw that it was leaked elsewhere than on the official website.

if i drop 10 pictures in gigapixel, why can’t i make different settings for each picture? why does one change affect all the same way? this approach doesn’t make much sense to me. I want to prepare maybe 10-15 image, crop them all, scale them all and then after that prep let gigapixel do all the work and go away for 30min. why can i just use one crop, scale and setting for all? very strange approach for me.

Just make sure you Unselect All. Then pick one at a time.

Yes indeed, you have to deselect all. To be able to make different settings on each image. By default in batch processing, all images are selected at the same time.

Well, to most of us that use batch processing, it would be senseless to have to input values for 200+ pictures one by one.

I think the “deselect” technique makes sense since you are in a minority that wants one by one settings.

This is the contrary on Video enhance, they made it one by one by default for some reason and we have to tick “select all”.

Even when we don’t do all at the same settings, selecting all by default makes it easier since you can just check which ones to fine tune and leave the rest. The “easy” approach.

1 Like

GPAI is still doing a better and faster job for me than PAI when working on my low res JPGs. However, v 6.2.0 is crashing frequently in batch mode. This is something the devs have acknowledged, but they don’t seem to be in a rush to release a bug fix. They have suggested I downgrade to v6.1.0. I have just done this and so far there have been no crashes. My suspicion is that the crashes relate to auto mode (which is not preens tin 6.1.0) and on the face restore feature.
I am on a Mac Mini M1 running Monterey.

1 Like

Why Gigapixel always change color profile to SRGB?
just test ver 5.8 - 6.2,same problem
my tif is 16Bit Hasselblad L color profile
test.zip (4.5 MB)

I have exactly the same problem. Ever since installing the 6.XX version on an Intel 27iMac 2020, Gigapixel freezes my computer and I have to hard restart. Its unusable for me so I’ve moved back to v 5.XX

Gigapixel Ai is death since Photo AI ? Never news for Gigapixel since 6.2.0 , it’s strange :o

2 Likes

I am afraid I have to agree somewhat. All the effort is being placed on a product that should have stayed in beta somewhat longer!
Some weeks ago I informed the devs of a bug in v6.2.0 that means it crashes when batch processing in auto mode (on my Mac anyway). They agreed that this is the case, but have yet to release an update. Meanwhile, I have had to revert to v6.1.0.

2 Likes

Awwwww i hope isn’t over for gigapixel :frowning: I hope :frowning:

3 Likes

Paid version Gigapixel 6.2.0: There is a massive amount of noise where it should not be, when taking a canon CR2 raw file and doing a 4x. This would not as such be an issue, were there not clearly lined separations and “squared areas” of them with Noise, each of them bordering sharply with areas where there was too much noise removal. Face has all noise removed (too much noise removed) and above that face square areas of crazy Noise,
 See 3 screenshots below. At this point they are showing your software does NOT work at all. These noise areas cannot be fixed. Variations with other enlargement options do the very same thing.

This is a user forum so it is not “your” software. If you think the product is not working properly for you, you need to contact Topaz Tech Support. However, be warned that they seem to be concentrating on their new product Photo AI: as I said above, I am still waiting to hear about a bug fix when batch processing in v6.2.0 and that was a couple of months ago.
I cannot comment on your image as I don’t use PS. Have you tried using GPAI as a standalone? And I see you have Standard mode selected: was this chosen for you by the AI auto or did you choose it yourself? The AI can get it wrong, so it’s worth checking out the other models and doing some tweaking. Also, did you denoise the image before sending it to GPAI?

3 Likes

Gigapixel AI was last updated on 2022/8/3. Previously it had been updated usually 1 or more times per month. Are there going to be no more bug fixes and improvements?

2 Likes

According to Topaz because of the new Photo AI software not as regular as in the past.

Hey thanks. i was under the impression this is the software company here who is part of the blog.
After all , on the purchased Video Ai , i had someone in the forums here from the company responding to me.
Yes i purchased it, so it is indeed my software.
anyway. Tit for tat. not relevant here.
using GPAI as a standalone is what causes this in the first place. even in photoshop, it launches the sofwtare outside and re-openes it there to work on it. The plugin in PS is only an alias to launch outside the GPAI and oepen it there, and after its done it can be saved on the HD.
Several slider options were used, from zero up to the max.
All Number options create these square areas were the noise get worse than the original has.
same identical areas.

it is such a shame for the face worked just fine

i tried version 6.0.0 as well ,and same issues
 some coding seems to decide on “sqaured areas” to be worsened and other squared areas/selections to do what it was supposed to.

I got an email from support, that they will get back to me.

so i will continue my conversation there.

Thanks anyway to everyone here

so long

:slight_smile:

Post edit