Gigapixel v6.2.2

This is an image from unsplash that I was looking at in Gigapixel for someone who wanted a biggish print from it.

Beautifull picture

Were the rainbow colors in the sky of the original pic?

No. Seems to be an artefact. Its OK in Photo AI though.

1 Like

Gigapixel has been working fine all year since I assembled my new computer last December, (AMD 5700, 64GB of memory), and now all of a sudden, it can no longer process even the simplest images.

I click “Save Image”, it starts processing, and the the program crashed and dies. Saving an empty file on my hard drive. It’s now completely useless.

Did you roll back to the previous version just so you can process for now. And, open a Support ticket on the main Topaz website? Their Spt people are very responsive and nice.

If you do want to roll back, pls uninstall the 6.2 rel 1st. Then install 6.1.

BTW, which OS are you using?

Hello - does anyone know if this has been fixed or in the works? My saves/batch jobs are no longer performing Face Recovery (or any processing) on images (1:1 ratio).

Sometimes Version 6.2.0 crashes at the end of the Apply-Process.

In Crop-Mode the “Crop”-Button doesn’t work

Btw:
The right Operating System in the Graphics Info has to be 12.5.1 and why is the Video RAM only 2047 MB on a MacBook Pro M1?

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 6.2.0

Operating System: macOS 12.5

Graphics Hardware: Apple M1

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 Metal - 76.3

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

When launching Gigapixel from the DAM Photo Mechanic Plus, Gigapixel sees the DAM as an editor and saves the image, overwriting the original image. I have noted the same behavior with Resize in the pre-release version of Topaz Photo AI.

The FileSave feature does not work properly. When Custom is selected, and a single word append is declared (ex: -gigapixel) what occurs is the filename saved is the same as if Auto had been selected. i.e. the very long -everythingeverdonetotheimage. This does not work well with Adobe Bridge in thumbnail view as the filename is larger than than the thumbnail!

1 Like

In the old days, bugs like this would have been fixed quite promptly. This version of GPAI has now been out for a month and no news of a fix. Maybe you are all too busy working on Photo AI, but please don’t neglect your other products!

I am also getting frequent but intermittent crashes when batch processing
GPAI crash.txt (120.9 KB)
TopazGigapixelAI_Logs_2022-09-02-07-37-19.zip (784.6 KB)

Application & Version: Topaz Gigapixel AI Version 6.2.0

Operating System: macOS 12.5

Graphics Hardware: Apple M1

OpenGL Driver: 4.1 Metal - 76.3

CPU RAM: 16384 MB

Video RAM: 2047 MB

Preview Limit: 4492 Pixels

1 Like

Do you know if there is any news from gigapixel? Since 6.2.0 there are more news. This worries me a lot. This very worries me :frowning:

It’s even worse for Sharpen. No updates since March. Seems the developers are working hard to get Photo AI ready for release.

1 Like

So, gigapixel don’t exist now? :open_mouth:

Periods of months without updates already happened in the past and I don’t remember anyone claiming Gigapixel AI is no more. All we need is just a little patience… and switch back to 6.1.0 when necessary.

Offtopując, popracuj odrobinę nad swoim angielskim :wink: (tak się czasem zdarza, że na anglojęzycznym forum spotyka się dwóch Polaków i jeden z nich jest anglistą z wykształcenia :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

It sometimes occurs there are more than two Poles on the forum which gives no right to either of them to bash one’s language skills in public.

Grzegorz

I have the exact same issue. Version 6.2.0 on Windows 10 machine.

1 Like

I am seeing the exact same issue on the same specs and version.

I am still trying to get to the root cause of it, together with Simmy at Support. I had thought it had something to do with sending files from On1 PhotoRaw, but I have just had a crash using v6.2.0 as a standalone. This was on some low-res JPGs that I was trying to upscale to 4k, using auto mode and with face recognition on. The crash happened after about 12 of the 20 had been processed successfully.
I have updated Simmy on this. I recommend you too send log files and other information as well, since this is likely to impress on them what looks to be a big failing of v6.2.0 for users of an M1 Mac.

1 Like