Gigapixel v5.6.1

I’ve just upgraded from Gigapixel 5.5.2 to 5.6.1 (full install on Mac Mini 16 GB with OSX 10.15.7) and now it crashes while saving the processed image. I’ve also checked uninstalling the current version and making a fresh install, to no avail. Any hints?

Try looking at the logs, they can be found under the Help menu. Also make sure you have the necessary permissions to save to that location.

Is this not the name you are looking for? :smile:

Same issue here. I have installed the 5.6.1 update and gone back to 5.4. I could not process anything higher than 3x.

Of course, I have all the permissions. In fact the the logs show the crash occurs while processing the image but don’t clarify the reason of the fault. The first attempt of processing (after upgrading from 5.5.2) finished in step 2/12 with:

2021-09-08T11:55:32.369 [Info ] Thread: 0x60000174cc30 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 1 / 12 ) Progress: 0.0833333 % Time elapsed: 7277 milliseconds
2021-09-08T11:55:38.530 [Info ] Thread: 0x60000174cc30 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 2 / 12 ) Progress: 0.166667 % Time elapsed: 6154 milliseconds

The second attempt (after uninstalling and making a fresh 5.6.1 install) went a bit further, 4/12:

2021-09-08T12:19:38.674 [Info ] Thread: 0x6000019c63f0 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 1 / 12 ) Progress: 0.0833333 % Time elapsed: 6551 milliseconds
2021-09-08T12:19:44.369 [Info ] Thread: 0x6000019c63f0 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 2 / 12 ) Progress: 0.166667 % Time elapsed: 5688 milliseconds
2021-09-08T12:19:50.901 [Info ] Thread: 0x6000019c63f0 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 3 / 12 ) Progress: 0.25 % Time elapsed: 6530 milliseconds
2021-09-08T12:19:56.546 [Info ] Thread: 0x6000019c63f0 <TEUpsamplingWorker::cnnNX line #: 813> ( 4 / 12 ) Progress: 0.333333 % Time elapsed: 5644 milliseconds

In both cases the application closes and the logs end in that point.

I have had to return back to 5.5.2 that is working fine.

Hello,
It is not. I see yours is Artisan west, there’s Aidon, superoldies etc. I would like to have it changed to something else. Support had told me it was changed but I don’t see it yet.

Thanks for the confirmation,

Randy

What would you like it to be?

Hey Paul,

Tech_One9 would be great!

Thank You

Randy

1 Like

Looks like support finally got round to it for you!

Hey Hey, looks like you are correct my friend. Thanks again!!

Randy

Interesting and good to know, thank you. What version of the Nvidia drivers do you use, please?
The Game Ready drivers or the Studio drivers?

If they are okay the Studio drivers.

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gigapixel v5.4.5

Tested gigapixel 5.6.1 and it completely washes out the colors out of any picture i attempt to upscale, i’ve tested the following:

1. Re Install gigapixel (FULL INSTALLER)
  2. Update to latest nvidia driver.
  3. Render using CPU Only
  4. Render using GPU Only
  5. Disable / Enable “Apply Raw Color Correction” No difference using on/off
  6. Disable / Enable " Apply Auto Lens Correction" No diffence regarding colors
  7. Tried multiple image formats, png, jpg, bmp all end up the same.
  8. Enable / Disable “Reduce Color Bleed” No difference between the two.
  9. Enable / Disable “Face Refinement” No difference between the two.
  10. Attempted upscale using all different models, “Standard, Lines, Art & CG, Low Resolution, Very Compressed” all end up with exact same washed out colors.
  11. Uninstalled DeNoise AI Completely just to make sure it wasn’t doing anything anyway, still same washed out colors

Look at the result below, in the preview window the colors seem fine, but whenver they are rendered out the colors are all washed out with a “green/darkish” tint to them.

https://i.imgur.com/4EilGY4.png

God damnit topaz, just trying to figure out how to open a support ticket is impossible now, i click support and all i get is some useless FAQ page and no way to actually write a ticket, why are you doing this to people? Why is everything so god damn convoluted?

Anyway, above is my problem, i couldn’t figure out how to open a support ticket so i guess this open thread is now my support ticket.

Here is the support site: Topaz Labs

I noticed the “contact us” button is not working but it is the weekend so maybe you can try it on Monday.

Zamfir said that the CPU was slower but made sharper images. I ran a quick test and my CPU produced a sharper image than my RX 5600 XT GPU. However, the GPU did sharpen compared to the original. For most cases I would still choose using a GPU because of the extra speed.

Why would there be a difference in result quality between using the GPU vs. the CPU?

1 Like

EDIT: Upon further investigation my comments are incorrect, Gigapixel AI does display the original image. It is indeed a windows photo viewer which enhances images when zoomed in.

Can you please remove the artificial reduction in quality for the preview of the original images?

While there is doubt that Gigapixel does an excellent job at upscaling, the comparison mode between the “original” image and the upscaled image is highly misleading.

Below are three random images that I grabbed off google.
The left image is the original image viewed in Windows photo editor.
The middle image is the “original image” preview in Gixapixel.
Right is the upscaled image.

It should be pretty obvious to most people that there is a significant reduction in quality between the left image and the middle image.

1 Like

Has there been any word on when Gigapixel is getting macOS Monterey support?