Gigapixel v5.6.1

Maybe I’m used to the older ones. It would have been before the pandemic that I had the wireless mouse. I went back to cable-connected when I got this PC. Most of the Topaz ? tips trigger (launch) when using my mouse (in all of the AI programs from Topaz). It’s the ones in the latest GAI Comparison View quadrants that are not consistent about their pop-ups. Which is what made me think of my watchface’s button size coding criteria in my developer s/w too.

That is so cool about the power supply you designed! I’m in Silicon Valley, so always very impressed by people who can actually design stuff (vs. my conceptualizing of things I’ve had to rely on others to actually build - except for things like I’m doing now as hobbies). Pretty impressive to have something of yours at NASDAQ! :heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign:

Isn’t that what side by side view does?

1 Like

Technically yes, :wink: but a bit too slowly for me and with too many steps and disconnects.

Having to keep on pressing Update to get it to swap, even though Previews are already cached, seems an unnecessary step. Is there any reason why someone would switch from say, Standard to Lines and not want the image to change to the correct Preview for that?

If there is no Preview yet, then OK, it can’t show it, but if there is: why not show it?

There are also disconnects between Preferences and the Previews. Changing from say Low to High RAM does not force an update to occur, making it impossible to compare results between GPU, CPU, w/ High, Med, or Low without exporting them.

Changing the Noise/Blur sliders does not change the image, although the Preview still says ‘Preview Updated’ with the green bar at the bottom, although the Update Preview button then becomes ‘available’. The image is not changed. Making a New Preview with Noise=0 and Noise = 100 allows you to Press the Update Preview button and toggle between them like different images, but only by doing that.

There have also been times where no matter what I do, nothing changes and I’m forced to move the Window slightly to get it to realise it really does have to Update the image.

In coding terms, this seems to suggest there are several places where the cache is not being marked as ‘dirty’ and there isn’t a full set of inter-dependencies mapped out for each possible change we can make with sliders/buttons.

Even then, sometimes if I move the window only a few pixels to ‘nudge’ it into doing an Update, it still doesn’t light up the ‘Update Preview’ button; which seems to indicate its Preview image is perhaps slightly larger than what is displayed, and if you move the window anywhere within that image (say it has a 5% margin stored?) it considers it the same image and ‘saves time’ by not updating anything.

I also mentioned a few other examples at the end of the v5.5.2 release thread last week that still apply.

1 Like

i contacted topaz on the link you sujjested and they gave me a list.it was a proxy server that was switched on .switching the proxy server off solved the problem
thanks for your help

1 Like

You’re very welcome! Thx for the update. I’m glad it was easy to fix. Happy Image Processing…

Maybe you try the new Game Ready driver released today.

Give us a Feedback if it worked please.

Thanks for the suggestion. Fortunately I already resolved the issue with Topaz Labs’ support staff. I had to move the “tgrc” folder in “C:\Users<my user name>\AppData\Local\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI” and now I can process images fine.

hello. For the next update, what would be nice is to add a button to remove compression artifacts like in VEAI. it will be great.

Hello,
Is it possible to uninstall the last update?

Thanks,
Randy

If you want to go to 5.6.0 you will have to raise a support request at the main website.

If you want to revert to 5.5.2 you should be able to download from the first post in the thread in the product release section.

AiDon,

In the middle of a project and this is such a relief to know. Thanks so much!

Randy

Hi Don,
One more thing. How do I edit my name in the profile (i.e yours says AiDon)? Tried to go to profile and save changes however I still see Randy.Yoda.

Randy

Randy, If you are logged in, go to your acct page & edit your acct info (including username) you should be able to save the changes on that same page using a save button.

Hello Yes, I am not able to edit username, only the profile. Entered first name and saved changes. There is no edit (pencil icon) available for username.

Has the option to lower processor usage in Gigapixel AI been removed?

I’m running Gigapixel AI v5.6.1 (latest as of 21.09.07) on both a 2019 iMac and a 2020 M1 Air, and on either machine using various images Gigapixel is triggering a hard system restart when processing reaches about 80–90%. I imagine the issue could be due to overheating… but it’s strange that it would occur on both machines.

I am pushing the software… bulk enlarging 5k px images to +20k px… but I’ve successfully done this to thousands of images in previous versions of Gigapixel without the restart issue.

Anyone else?

Randy,

Can you go to the box on your acct page (from the Settings cog symbol) that is labelled “Name” & enter and change that to a handle you’d prefer to have show up? ie, not enter your real name anywhere in there.

Name is not the “user name”, user name is the one the shows in a post and can be referenced with the “@“ symbol.

That option was only for GPU, for the issue you are facing you should raise a support request at the main website.

Yes. I’d usually think of them as separate things too… But “Name” seems to be the only editable field that I could locate. And, if someone sets that “Name” box to a handle that’s an alias for them it should show up next to their avatar or picture - I think… But, to your point, their real name likely won’t show up also - unless it’s done as a single string.

Is there a way to manage them separately that you know of? I had to consolidate mine b/c it did some funky things back when years ago.

No other way that i know of for users but mods and admin should be able to do it.

1 Like