Gigapixel v5.2.3

Windows 10

Thanks for the info - this typically happens due to folder permission issues during the installation. You’ll need to manually link the plugins to Photoshop. Firstly, make sure you’re using Photoshop CC 2017 or above, then follow these steps:

1. Close down Photoshop
  2. Navigate to your Gigapixel AI installation directory (typically C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI)
  3. Right-click the PS_Plugins_x64 folder and choose Send To → Desktop. This will create a shortcut to the folder on your Desktop
  4. Navigate to your desktop, right click and copy the created PS_Plugins_x64 shortcut.
  5. Navigate to your Adobe Common Files directory (typically C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC)
  6. Paste the PS_Plugins_x64 shortcut into this folder.
  7. Restart Photoshop. The plugin should now show up under File → Automate

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks, got it working

Yeah, that should work, brilliant.
Did you create something through Automator or am I going to have to learn scripting?

node.js script.

If you don’t have “node.js” installed, install it and run it as follows

$ node . /index.js .

ex) $ node . /index.js “/Users/Hoge/Pictures/a/”

This means that the following
“-gigapixel.jpg” / “-gigapixel.png”
“-output.jpg” / “-output.png”
to find the file, delete the original, rename the file after gigapixel and put it back.

Try a small directory at first.

The actual script I’m using is optimized by OptImage and set up a Finder tag (which marks the image processed by Gigapixel).

I hope this helps in some way.

Hello everyone,

I’ve been running into issues with v5.2.2, I cannot load any .jpg files at all, only .png.

It will always say the file is unsupported whenever I drag and drop .jpg files.

Ram: 16GB
Graphics Card: Radeon Pro 580 8192MB

Ate the jpg images uncalibrated? Thar is if they don’t have an ICC profile allocated.

If they don’t use PS or another app to allocate the profile then you will be able to use GigaPixel.

Sorry but I do not understand. The same JPG files that I have used works perfectly fine on Topaz v4.4.6. JPG do not work on v5.2.2 on macOS.

Do the jpeg files have a colorspace of uncalibrated,? If they are they will not work. If you don’t know where to find out, upload one to a file sharing site and post the link and I will check for you.

If they are uncalibrated the details will be like this in the exif where the Color Representation is shown as Uncalibrated:

No, none of the JPG’s I have are uncalibrated, the color space is YUV.

Error: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

JPG Description: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Yes you will need to convert to a RGB color space such as sRGB, AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB for it to work in most image applications.

YUV is best when the images are to be rendered by a standard video display directly and is also used by Frame Grabbers.

You can convert using available software but the problem with YUV is that it supports a wide range of pixel formats as it is specifically for video use. I believe XnView will display them and may allow you to convert to RGB.

if you wish to ask for support for YUV you will need to raise a support request at the main website as the AI apps need a RGB or Greyscale color space.

I can’t figure out how to make Gigapixel requeue.

If I load 100 images to process, and I hit “cancel” part of the ways through, say after 10 images are processed, Gigapixel will only process from image 11 on after I hit the “Save” button again, even if I’ve deleted the images it processed so far.

How can I make it start from image 1? Sorry if that’s extremely basic, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

Oh, alright, thank you very much for the response! Yeah, I would like for YUV to be supported, it worked fine on Topaz v4.4.6, but anyways, I hope it works again on a later update.

Oh, alright, thank you very much for the response! Yeah, I would like for YUV to be supported, it worked fine on Topaz v4.4.6, but anyways, I hope it works again on a later update.

Not sure why support for it got dropped originally but I’ll look at this and see what we can do.

1 Like

Change log for 5.2.3?

Neat, thank you very much! I hope it works out :+1:

Congratulations ^^
Before the version 5.2.3 all is running ok
5.2.2 is good no problems.

With the 5.2.3 version it’s scratche directly with one error message to start in, the box “Error x0000005”

I think is one error of calling NEW dlls no présent.
Cheched in system, win 7 (no sp1, seven), 64 bits versions, 2 cards video the good working before is nvidia GE Force GT 555M (2Mo of ram)
But it’s not this, just for say the system.
I added before alls toolkit named
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll
Api-ms (etc…)
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll (is the last)
And his contenair
ucrtbase.dll (vers 10.0.10137.0)
From your info
And the driver of my card is the last vers know
23.21.13.880, no best/better possible 2017/10/12

Whats is the news dlls called with the new versions ?
I have so the same bug with Denoise AFTER version 2.2.12
The new gui is fault i think
Best regards,

Hello
I’m refer to this exactly
.GUI framework version has been updated.

Have you or know you the (news) dlls calling who runs with one win 7 (no sp1)

Bug first noticed with 5.2.2, don’t know if earlier, but still in 5.2.3
Load an image. Close the program, choosing OK for the “Would you like to save” dialog. Program interface mostly locks up. Nothing happens, and nothing including Save can be clicked on. The menus, however, are still available, and File/Save As will reactivate the interface.

for unknown reason, there’s an image i’m trying to save using the “Compressed”’ AI model, it works fine when you first open the image in Gigapixel, HOWEVER, when I save the image, it does it’s thing as usual but it doesn’t save the “compressed” part

When I open the image for the first time, it looks fine:
https://pasteboard.co/Jzic4KO.jpg

However after saving the image, it looks like this both in previews and in the saved image
https://pasteboard.co/JzibyzJ.jpg

The image doesn’t have an embedded profile either so idk…

1 Like

ok based on what I gathered, using custom resolutions higher that 6x does not work on images without a RGB profile for whatever reason

1 Like