v5.2.0 (October 21, 2020): Windows | Mac
- New AI Model - “Compressed”. You can find it under the “Image Type” option in the right panel. This image type works best with photos that have a lot of artifacts, old family photos, and images downloaded from the internet
- Whole New Look - Entire program has been given a UI overhaul to make it look more pleasing, as well as more consistent.
- Crop your images using the new Crop Tool
- Faster previewing and saving of images
- File list is now collapsible, and you can now add images directly from the file list
- Tutorials have been moved to the drop area on the starting screen
- Multiple crashes have been fixed
- Auto-detect settings should proc correctly when images are added / selected
- Images should check / uncheck correctly in the file list
- Tutorial panel should no longer show up when all opened images are unselected
- When starting a trial, program should no longer incorrectly display that you have 0 days left on the trial
- Login panel should no longer spin indefinitely if there’s a connection issue
- “Original” label should now show correctly in single image view mode
- When launched as a Photoshop plugin, assigning a color profile is sometimes required before the plugin will launch
- Color shifting can be observed with certain images, particularly non-photographic images. We’re currently working on a new AI model that fixes this.
- GPU image quality has artifacts not present when processing with just OpenVINO or CPU. We’re currently working on this, and will have a fix out soon.
- When processing has been cancelled and auto-update preview is turned off, a smaller version of the previewed image will show up in the preview panel.
- When in single image view mode and auto-update preview is turned off, the processed image will not show back up when mousing down on the previewed image
- “Previewing…” overlay will flash on screen when auto-update preview is on and preview has already been processed
v5.2.1 (October 23, 2020): Windows | Mac
- “Unable to Verify Ownership” dialog will now open the login screen instead of closing the application
- “Use Discrete GPU” toggle will no longer say it’s on when it’s not. Previously, the toggle would suggest that GPU mode was turned on when the Preferences dialog was closed and re-opened
v5.2.2 (October 28, 2020): Windows | Mac
- Update dialog can now be delayed by up to a month
- The custom scale setting will now remember the last input value when restarted. Custom scale now defaults to 3.00
- Application should no longer crash when an image with an unsupported color space is saved with “Preserve Source Profile”
- Some of the dialog wording has been slightly tweaked
Note: This is the last version with support for MacOS 10.12 Sierra
v5.2.3 (November 4th, 2020): Windows | Mac
- Controls panel can now be docked to the left or right of the application. You’re left handed, consider switching to left-side docking from the Preferences dialog
- GUI framework version has been updated. This is a backend change that should make the application more stable overall
- “Zoom to Fit” is now disabled when the scaled image is above 7000 pixels, and the zoom level minimum has been capped at 50%. This is to prevent a large majority of the crashes we’ve been receiving, and should keep preview processing time down to a minimum.
- “Auto-update preview” toggle sizing has been fixed
- Processing with Face Refinement shouldn’t crash anymore on certain machines