Gigapixel v5.2.3

I’m outputting to the original source location.

So I solved it by creating a script that finds the file named “-gigapixel” under a particular directory, removes it, and renames the enlarged file to its original name.

1 Like

I agree with you… Hair upscaling or sharpening is not good across Topaz products like Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI & Denoise AI

There is definitely something wrong there. I have usually achieved quite good results with JPGS of that size. Have you tried Compressed mode?

Can you send me your logs? You can upload them here. Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the issue. I’ll have that fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Where is CPU Mode On/Off ?

Schowek02

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to the next update. :slight_smile:

I have some strange bug. Yellow/green shadow when i use second upscaling on Gigapixel AI on this same photo.

My guess: if you are not on VINO or discrete GPU you are on CPU. Therefore, if you are on VINO or GPU you are not on CPU.

2 Likes

I’ve made this change in the latest update. Custom scale defaults to 3.0 and doesn’t default to other picked scales - so switching between say 2x and “…x” won’t set the custom scale to 2x anymore.

2 Likes

That would be the color shifting problem mentioned in the “Known Issues” section. It has plagued Gigapixel AI for a long time, especially if you use high values in the suppress noise slider.

Please raise a support request at the main website and include the input image as the color shifts mentioned ONLY occur with non photographic images such as cartoons. CGI etc.

Also please make sure you are viewing the output in a color managed application and NOT Microsoft photos viewer as it isn’t color managed.

I use IrfanView x64

1 Like

I’ll do it too on my side, I have a great example about the color shifts for dark scenes, it’s color shifts everywhere and it can’t be fixed after.

The main problem is that a non-color like black or gray doesn’t stay black or gray, instead there is a shift to the blue, with red artifacts if you use VINO. and if the scene uses purple, it’s a nightmare : the engine can’t decide if it’s red or blue, then after upscale you finish with ugly artifacts.

Anyway, I’ll do a request by the main website.

Edit : done.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gigapixel AI v5.3.0.0b is Available - New “CGI” AI Model

Gigapixel shows up as a plug in for Lightroom but not Photoshop. What can I do to fix this?

What version of PS are you using? And did you check under the File, Automation menu?

I have a question. All the other modules that run as plugins (such as sharpen-ai or DeNoise ai) work perfectly well with PSP while Gigapixel doesn’t. If it now runs as a plugin with photoshop, shouldn’t it also work with PSP? If not, can we expect that as a further improvement?

I have a question. All the other modules that run as plugins (such as sharpen-ai or DeNoise ai) work perfectly well with PSP while Gigapixel doesn’t. If it now runs as a plugin with photoshop, shouldn’t it also work with PSP? If not, can we expect that as a further improvement?

Unfortunately Gigapixel AI has to be an automation plugin because it needs to be able to resize the image. The other major image editing applications our users use (PSP, Affinity Photo, etc.) only support Photoshop filter plugins.

1 Like

Are you on Windows or Mac?

Windows 10