Gigapixel v4.9.4.1

Are you on Mac?

No, -on a PC, Windows 10 Pro. However, I had to roll back the most recent 2004 update because it totally messed up my computer. I have everything working now, though.

The problem with Gigapixel happened to me a couple of versions ago. Then the next version fixed it. Now the newest version is doing it again. It keeps whatever ppi the image is. So if I start with 300 ppi it will keep that if I change Max (inches). If I start with 72 ppi it keeps that, even though I tell it to make it 300 ppi.

Hi Sheila,

Mind sending me a photo that this happens with? Thank you!

Here are 3 files: before, gigapxl, after. The before and after are in Photoshop Bridge & show the resolution.

Do you want the photo by itself also?

Bump!

IIRC there’s no limit to this, it’s whatever your computer can handle. Images only get loaded in when being processed or previewed, so having 10,000 images is theoretically possible and the only limitation is how many rows the UI framework can handle. I may cap this in the future, but we’ve not received complaints to warrant the cap. Note that the UI responsiveness may grind to a halt, but my middle-of-the-line computer was able to handle 2,000 images fine.

Thanks, I’ll go back to loading large numbers again to see if it repeats. Like I said, it simply died silently during the list filling, so no way to tell when it happened. I9-9900 with 64GB, so there shouldn’t be any limitations. The list filling is rather slow, and I suspect that the people who report having to hit start more than once simply haven’t waited long enough. On my machine I use drag-and-drop, and the Explorer window is unresponsive until the list is finished, which is the only way to tell that I know of.

I got my first digital camera circa 1990 (was a software beta tester for Olympus Medical in Europe, and they routinely sent me cameras), and Ilterally have over a million images that need enhancing; makes it most convenient to just pile them in and let it run.

Hi all,

A new version of Gigapixel has been released. This is a major update that includes new AI processing models, as well as a bunch of cool previewing options for you to explore. You can find the release thread here.

Thanks!

1 Like