Gigapixel v4.9.3.2

Compared 4.9.3 and 4.9.3.1, 4.9.3.2 All settings the same, and auto correct on. At the latest versions the image more noisy.
https://i.ibb.co/PYtC2VC/noisy.png

Thanks Itunes, although I am not confused about the topic itself. But when someone needs to use cm in combination with ppi then having to switch back and forth is “confusing” in the sense that you have to keep an eye on where you were last. This is made worse by the rounding issue after switching.

Simplest solution would be to put a dropdown beside ppi/ppc and let the user choose.

PS: I would very much like a measuring tool inside GP that allows me to find the correct multiplier for my upscaling needs. Currently I have to measure this in Photoshop first and then switch to GP (because there is no PS plugin version of GP).

1 Like

Fair enough. I did hear someone mentioned that they are working on making GigaPixel work as a plug in, much like the other programs, so maybe that is coming in the next release. Fingers crossed.

Two issues with this generation of Giga.

I am still experiencing a crash when saving a processed file. When I attempt to change the color profile of a raw file being saved to a tiff, Gigapixel crashes. I have saved the system crash logs if that would be a help to Topaz.

I also tried to use the “round-trip” feature in CaptureOne. Moving the file to Giga work seemlessly but Giga was not able to return the file. I processed and then went to a completely white window and stoped responding. I had to force quit Giga(Mac version) to exit the program. No file was produced

I’m not sure what you mean by this Timur. Mind explaining further?

Sorry, that was not clearly communicated by me. I don’t mean the final image, but the preview image. When magnifiers below x1 are used the preview windows only show image content equivalent to a x1 image and then add black borders around the images on both sides (before/after).

So a x0.5 factor leads to a small image and lots of black instead of revealing more content around the original x1 area.

When and where did you see mention of this? I would kill to have this as a plugin for my Corel Paintshop Pro. I’m honestly surprised their hasn’t been one from day one. Topaz is missing out on a large group of paying customers simply because no plugin is offered.

It was in one of the threads here on forums few days ago. If I’m not mistaken one of the developers mentioned here on forums that there was some kind of a bug or problem in the code that prevented GigaPixel being used as plug in and not only as a standalone app. But he said he is working on removing the obstacle soon to have it run as a plug in.

Here is the quote:

Unfortunately at this time, Gigapixel doesn’t support launching as an external application from another program. I should have a fix out for that soon, but in the meantime you’ll need to launch it as a standalone application.

Thanks for reaching out and if you run into any more issues please reply here!

I’ve made mention of it before - it’s my next big ticket item (launching as external application, as well as PS plugin)

4 Likes

How do I roll back to try 4.4.6 version?

Contact Topaz support at the main website and ask them to send you a link to the 4.4.6 installer. That’s what I did. It’s an online installer.

Thank you.

Many websites require a maximum file size for uploading photos. It is a very tedious process of trial and error to come close to resize a photo in Gigapixel AI to meet their requirements. It would be very helpful if we had an option to enter a file size and Gigapixel AI could do its thing to accomplish it!

You’re welcome. The installer doesn’t remove the new version and installs in a different directory, so you should be able to use either application as you see fit.

That is great news! Appreciate your help!

After I updated macOS to 10.15.5 (Catalina) and using Gigapixel v4.9.3.2 - batch processing at 6x scale has improved from 9 to 11 minutes a file to an average now of 3.3 minutes per file. Also should add that I was running no other application when getting the 9 to 11 minutes per file. Whereas, I now have Firefox and Word running now and still getting this improved performance. Thank you! Please keep the performance the same!

@MyunghoonTL

Hi Myunghoon

I sent you a PM with the test feedback
log files to follow when you can advise an answer as to why I cannot attach them in the PM :wink:

NB for others reading this:-
I did the test requested and the program froze at 2% Calibration > had to force it to close viaTask Manager
I tried again and opened a previous test file without human faces that used to preview and process AOK in this version, see my earlier post, (but caused crashing on a previous Gigapixel version when Face Refinement was “on”) and now with Face Refinement is “on” I am getting the crashing I used to get on the earlier version :frowning:

More annoyingly ~ in that earlier version there used to be in the Preferences a setting to ‘turn off or on’ “Previews on start of program”, with that off I could select the image file and then turn off Face Refinement thus stopping the crashing. BUT in v4.9.3.1 that option is no longer available so when I select the image the program crashes with nothing I can do about it!!!

Basically as it stands now, what seemed to be a stable version v4.9.3.1 is no longer so for me as it is unusable. I am pleased I still have v4.4.5 installed to use as needed :slight_smile:

A kludge, but since I think you said you are on Windows:
Run Regedit
Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\gigapixel
Change faceRefinement to false

Under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\appMain there is a previewDefault item, but I don’t know what changing it does.

A test of Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Gigapixel AI\appMain shows that setting previewDefault to 1 instead of 0 will turn off the preview when images are loaded. However if you have a queue, and click on another image, it will show the preview without paying attention to the default.

Found that 4.4.6 has a better and sharper processed output than that of 4.9.3.2 and is taking about 3 to 4 minutes per image (maybe slightly longer since I am manually calculating). If samples are required, happy to provide. Thank you again for suggesting the older version! I like the processing wheel CX better in 4.4.6.

1 Like