Denoise AI v 2

Why not just upload from your computer? Less steps and it works.

Didn’t know you could do that. Thanks.

(Ah, “Upload”, got it.)

It lets me upload images, but when I click on the Reply button it says “I’m sorry you can’t include images in a post”.

@BobL Thank you Bob for the heads up, I think I will wait before I update.

I installed V2. Big mistake. I use Denoise as an addin to Lightroom. Denoise opens promptly and applies adjustments as it should, but the saved image back in Lightroom includes none of the adjustments. Major fail, Topaz. How do I get V1 back?

Another odd problem…

My photos are stored on an NAS drive, to which I have assigned a drive letter. All other Topaz products recognize paths via an assigned drive letter, but this version of DeNoise AI does not. It does recognize via the entire NAS path, but not via the assigned drive letter path.

First set of instructions for Denoise AI 2 for Windows stated to delete the old AI folder.

The new instructions on the site state to delete the old version using the Windows Add/Remove programs function and to reboot, before running the installer for the new version
topazai

!!!
Both sets of instructions re AI V2.0.0, so which is it, I’m betting on the second version. LOL

What was it that was said about the Boeing 737 Max “Designed by clowns supervised by monkeys?” ???

1 Like

I kinda followed the email instructions for Windows 10 to delete the folder C:/Program Files/Program Files/Topaz Labs/Topaz DeNoise AI: I dragged the folder to my desktop. Clicking the link in the email, it installed DeNoise AI BETA under C:/Program Files/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC… a different folder. I did reboot after install. Now DeNoise AI is grayed out in Studio 2 (Filter|Plug-In). However I can launch it from Lightroom w/o any problem. Soooo, what’s going on here? Is this a beta version of the software (woops, Topaz)? How do I fix it once Topaz resolves the “install” of the new DeNoise AI?

Following the procedures to uninstall using Windows add/remove programs and restarting and then running the installer I have two high level entries in PS. One labelled Topaz Labs and the other Topaz Labs LLC.

The first one, Topaz Labs has an entry for Denoise AI which seems to work perfectly for V2.0.0
The second one, Topaz Labs LLC has an entry for AI Beta which I did not even touch
Lightroom Classic, using Edit In, shows an entry for Denoise AI which works perfectly for V2.0.0

However, in Windows start - the high level entry Topaz Labs LLC has an entry for Denoise AI which actually invokes the correct V2.0.0 version, rather than the corrupt beta!!!

Check which *.bf file was installed. There are two of them - one is BETA another is OK. The only bf plugin which should be in Program files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins directory is “tltopazdenoiseaips_x64”.
Do not know why BETA version was left in installation list. This one works perfectly OK with Photoshop 6.

For PS 2020 the location is program files common files adobe plug-ins cc which has a shortcut to program files Topaz Labs LLc topaz denoise AI PS-plugins_x64 which contains the good plugin and the betaps plugin which should be deleted.

Hmmm - not a problem here, just tested. Try “Read metadata from file” in LR. If there are any changes saved this will re-read the saved file.

The same here. Both in Studio and Studio 2 are greyed.

The site doesn’t allow links to sites like flicker, use the upload option on the panel in the reply box:

**image **

I certainly hope everyone who is having difficulties installing and using 2.0 doesn’t get angry at me for following the instructions and having no difficulties at all. Not only that but a photo I worked on with the previous version for two hours yesterday, trying to get the noise out of it without blurring certain sections and failing miserably, went through the process with 2.0 with those several areas no longer being blurred out.
I’m also pleased as a pickle to be able to press Ctrl+Alt+f to apply the DeNoise settings I used on the previous photo to the next image I work on in Photoshop which has pretty much always been the case throughout the different versions. Of course that only works if you haven’t applied any other effects to the image in the meantime. And since most of the other effects don’t work with the Ctrl+Alt+f combination, normally nothing will happen in that case.

Check out the green vegetation in the two photos. The first one shows the previous version I used yesterday, and the second I just redid with version 2.0. It also shows up in the green vegetation going up the wall.

Now version 2.0

Not only does Denoise AI now not work as a plugin from Studio 2, and I accept that may be fixed with an update to Studio 2 at some future unspecified time , but it now no longer works with Studio 1.

That raises the question as to whether a now depreciated version of Studio 1 (which a number of us still use because it has features not available in Studio 2) will be updated to use the new Denoise AI.

I frankly can’t get my head around the fact that Topaz released this version of Denoise AI with these compatibility issues. Is there no one in the company responsible for QA any more.

1 Like

You will need to raise a support request at the main help page. This is a user to user forum.

I don’t believe we ever head access to DeNoise AI through Studio 1, if my memory serves me correctly it was only Adjust AI and Sharpen AI.

Thank you, but when I tried that it let me upload an image, which showed in the preview, but when I clicked the reply button to make the post I got a message “Sorry, you can’t put images in a post”.

I just tried again, with the same result.

What type of image is it?

If it is a JPG/PNG try it now.

I tried JPG and PNG. I will try a JPG again now.