Denoise AI v 2

That worked. Thank you!

Here is what I was trying to post originally.

I produce 1300 pixel high images, like the one above. Here is a screenshot of the preview of that image in DN AI 2.0.0, with Reduce Noise set to Auto. The After image looks less noisy in the green area on the right, as you would expect.

Here is a comparison of the original JPEG and the one output by DN AI 2.0.0 with Reduce noise set to Auto. The noise is worse in the DN AI version.

Here is a comparison of two outputs from DN AI 2.0.0, one with Reduce Noise set to 0 and one with Reduce Noise set to 100. They look very similar, possibly identical, with noise similar or identical to the previous, Auto, output.

I have also discovered that in Lightroom when I use “Edit In” - Photoshop, there are two entries in the Lightroom menu for this, and with both of them a new version is immediately created, but I don’t get to see or use DN AI, and the new version is the same as the one that was sent to DN AI.

I am a long time, many plugs Topaz user, including all the DeNoise products, including DeNoise AI. I found no option to download V2 (for free), and finally installed the “Trial” version. It works fine, both as a stand alone and as a Photoshop CC plug-in, but I assume I am entitled to a free update? How do I convert my trial version to a “paid” version.

Thanks in advance, to anyone who can solve this for me!
Dan C.

Open an image, go to Community-> Switch Users and login again with the email ID you used to purchase the product.

Hi Don,

Yes that worked! Thanks,

Dan C

I use it routinely in Studio 1. Since the post update problems I’ve changed to my backup boot drive (a clone of the primary boot drive that I only re-clone when I’m sure that any Windows or program uddates are fully functional) and can use DenoiseAI in Studio1 as before.

Are you sure, because on my older pc, I only have access to DeNoise v6

Look in the plug-ins…I’ve been using it this evening.

Hi Bob, yes of course you are right. To continue using it in Studio 1 you will need to change the install directory to the top-level one where Topaz Studio 1 in installed.

For example the new installer defaults to disk:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC but you will need to install to disk:\Program Files\Topaz Labs if you used Topaz Labs as your previous location for Studio 1.

That’s a good point…I’ll swap boot drives again tomorrow and give it a try. (I’m in France and it’s almost 1am now)

1 Like

In Linux world, to work-around a simple name change like this you would just make a sym-link (shortcut) pointing from one name/dir to another. You should be able to make a Windows shortcut in similar fashion and, in theory, it should work, but I haven’t tested it, so YMMV.

Yes you can do a link in Windows like that … but … many people forget they have and it causes problems.

mklink is the command to give a symbolic link

Headaches of this sort due to someone arbitrarily changing the dir name (adding LLC) is rarely a welcome surprise. Hopefully, there was a very good reason for that.

1 Like

I’ve just moved the whole DeNoiseAI directory from Topaz Labs LLC to Topaz Labs and it’s back as a working plug-in for Studio 1…a result thank you.

1 Like

And does it work? I did the same and it resulted in ERR invoking the plugin from TS1

Yes, works fine, Vlad

Me too, same problem with Photoshop CC 2020 v21.0.3.91. Studio will work as a stand alone, but fails as a plug in in Photoshop.
Application & Version: Topaz Denoise AI Version 2.0.0.3

Operating System: Windows 8 (6.2)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.87

CPU RAM: 32700 MB

Video RAM: 8192 MB Total, 6144 MB In Use

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

That is not Studio, it says DeNoise. If it is DeNoise only call the Plugin from the Topaz Labs entries in the filter list.

Well I set the GPU Off and still getting black saved files. Really wish I could get it working because it seems to do a nice job while looking at the screen. Now if only that would transfer into a file.

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.0.0
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 - Build 20.19.15.5058
CPU RAM: 12206 MB
Video RAM: 1500 MB Total, 1024 MB In Use
Preview Limit: 3135 Pixels

CAN’T POST IMAGES ?

This is after doing a complete re-install and reboot. Still not saving data. Anyone know of anything else I should look at?

Is it possible to start Denoise AI v2 with Auto options enabled by default?

Well it seems to be a size issue. At 5000 x 3333 and smaller I get a picture . At 5472 x 3648 and above I get black picture.
Now does anyone here know why it might be doing this?