DeNoise AI 2.4.2

After reading the threads I think I’ll wait until all the bugs are worked out in this new release

1 Like

If you are on Windows try setting compatibility to Windows 8.1

Just loaded a full install first time it said error file missing (forgot to note which it was) ran it again no problem, tried it as a standalone and through PS, both worked well will upload images from V2.0.4 first from PS

Second as a standalone

Original

Update: Installed on my Big Machine, as an Full Admin (Without Admin Password), without Problems.

@dvboyce

Uninstall complete then → System Settings → change you account to Admin, log out, log in again, install, reactivate the default user, log out again, log in, done.

Install was very fast in-app and previous version deleted. No issues so far, although I still have to tweak black clothing on high ISO shots by using a mask in On1 Photo Raw 2021 to selectively reduce purple tones.
MacBook Pro 2019 model, Big Sur.

I have the same issue, will not open CR3 files, I updated via the app.
However it is the CRAW files or the compressed RAW canon files it won’t open.
It does open the full RAW CR3 files but they are horribly dark and pretty useless.
I think I’ll stick to using it as a plug in from PS & LR

This should be the same as in the beta, but we are about to switch it again due to some issues with the new install flow. It may default to the C drive once but after the data is in the right places it should stick. 2.4.1 probably coming out in a few hours after we verify the fix.

1 Like

Do you install to a separate drive on the machine where it doesn’t work? We’ve identified some issues with multi-drive installs that should be getting fixed today.

What camera are your CR3 files coming from? It looks like CR3 files from certain cameras aren’t supported yet, but others are.

Also for reference, the full list of supported cameras is here: LibRaw 0.21 supported cameras | LibRaw

No its on C.

The difference between the two computers is that I am logged in as an admin on the big one because of the beta. (in which it works)

And the other as a user with standard rights. (without admin rights). To install you have to enter the admin password. (in which it does not work)

It may be that the where it did not work the models are at the admin and not at the user ← who wants to run it.

That ultimately sounds like another issue being fixed. For technical info, we run an access control list command to grant rights to everyone for the files installed so this doesn’t happen, but for some reason the installer was removing all rights instead. We have an rc build we need to test with that fix, so if you want I can DM you the link and see if it works.

On the computer where it does not work, I have access in two to three hours at the earliest.

If that’s soon enough for you, we can do that.

That may be a bit late, but if we end up needing more tests I’ll keep it in mind.

Another question, have you changed anything in the auto settings?

I’m de-noising some very old photos (2007) and in LowLight it selects Noise Reduction “0” and Sharpen “47”, it looks so good, I have to keep switching back and forth between original and denoised to see what it did.

It has removed the last noise and sharpened very nicely.

Does it also select the same for DeNoise AI?

I don’t recall changing anything in auto mode except the error handler.

yes it selects the same values.

@adam.mains

Look at this.

LowLight Auto (Tiff File)

Original: EOS 400D, ISO 100, Pre-Processed in Capture One. (Tiff File)

Installed 2.4.0 last night. 2.3.6 installed. Used Inapp installer.

Installation does not overwrite 2.3.6 - intentional?
2.4.0 generates error message (broken AI) when I try to denoise
2.4.0 installation did not update Lightroom and Photoshop plugins so 2.3.6 is invoked from Adobe

Have uninstalled 2.4.0, now 2.3.6 has been made inoperative and will no longer denoises anything, No error message - it just does nothing

Environment: Nikon NEF, Windows 10 2004, 256GB SSD drive (OS + applications), 2TB drive (data), 16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 2600X, GT1030. All drives formatted NTFS

Advice please. Do I uninstall 2.3.6 and try 2.4.0? Or forget about 2.4.0 until a stable version comes out? 24 hours ago I had a fully operative 2.3.6 system, now I have NOTHING. Pretty annoyed

PS: Don;t know if it is significant but my user id on Windows does not have admin rights. I have a separate superuser account for admin purposes. Should I have upgraded my user id to admin temporarily to effect the installation?

I think i will not be updating until this is all sorted out,i have enough problems.:lying_face:

I think this would be the reason. We are currently testing 2.4.1 which should resolve this issue, but for now I’d recommend going to 2.3.6 as the easiest option. 2.4.1 should release in an hour or two unless we run into issues.