DeNoise AI 2.4.2

I tried to install 2.4 using the Online installer. Everything looked as normal - download/install but the new version does not appear to be on my Mac. The app is still dated October 2019. I assume that another email will be forthcoming when things are sorted out.

Can you confirm that when you’re using it in Photoshop that the version on the top left has “Plugin” after it? The way you describe this makes me think it wasn’t opened in plugin mode, as there should be zero link between the two after applying.

There are different View modes you can set at the upper right of the interface. Is that what you’re commenting about?

You can do a side x side view - here’s an example:

A Split View. A line down a single image.

A Comparison View - so you see 4-up (your original and previews of the 3 other modes).

A Single View - here’s an example:

You can Zoom in those views too to see details more clearly.

Was that what you were asking about? Or are you seeing an image you’d worked on and already closed? Just out of curiosity
 if you follow the same steps using the DAI standalone (vs plugin in CS6) does the same thing happen?

Do you have the program in your Applications folder? Should be in /Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz DeNoise AI.

If it’s not there I might need some more information.

[quote=“larrys-6993, post:40, topic:19677, full:true”]
I use PS CS6 on a Win 10 computer. I had image 1 up and denoised it, saved it and closed it. I opened image 2 up and when I opened denoise the preview was of image 1. Now I’m reduced to using another system instead of topaz. I updated Topaz Denoise this afternoon and that’s when the problem began is after the update. I’m using Denoise AI 2.4.0

Well I can’t get 2.4 to load corrrectly, deleted earlier version. tried both the Online and full installer. Keep getting message Processing Error
DeNoise AI model is missing or corrupted. Need some help!

PS 22.1.1

Hi @adam.mains it seems that the installer will default to the C:\ drive even if the previous install was on the D:\ drive and it correctly selected the previous install (Program Files) directory. That is, in my case:

• Correctly selects the Program Files directory where it is to be installed (registry Entry)
  • Then doesn’t use the correct disk for the ProgramData i.e. switches to C drive

Hi Adam, i tested on CS6 and no issues as described. Opens in the correct mode even when the standalone is open, tested both Ctrl+F and through the Filters menu and the correct preview opened on both images.

Download (full installer) went smoothly and install ran without problems although it took over 5 minutes to install the VC++2019 runtime which I would think totally unnecessary as those files have now been installed about a dozen times in the various beta projects.

Haven’t yet worked on any files but the program opens without any problems.

The preview was fully green. Yes.

@adam.mains

He has the same problem as me.

Unable to install on my Mac.

DN AI has proven itself several times over, for my purposes.

1 - just did the update to version 2.4 - Topaz email suggesting the update was very courteous (most software companies only tell you that you need an update when what you WANT to do is USE the program - MUCH more convenient, being alerted like this)
2 - I do a lot of “available light” night shots, and detail in the shadows, or noise in particular in the shadows, is a real problem. Granted that using DN AI costs a little in terms of sharpness, which is - I think - inevitable in this context, I’ve had great success with DN AI in getting rid of the “noise” problem in shadow areas. Coupled with a program called Pixelmator Pro, which blackens those areas after DN AI has done its job (just use Pixelmator to increase the “black” in the image - easily accessible “black” slider)

Hallo zusammen,
Ich habe das Update installiert, kann aber von meiner Canon R5 keine CR3 Dateien bearbeiten.
Ich bekomme die Info “Unknow Error”

That sounds useful, very. However, I see from this discussion that there are download and install problems. Please will you send a new email when they have been sorted out.

David

The Canon R5 RAW are not yet supported, at this point in time only the R & RP are supported.

It is expected to be supported in the next development snapshot of the LibRAW library.

I have an ongoing issue with the topaz updates. I have installed the latest but the programme shuts down immediately after it opens. It does this whether it is opened on its own, through lightroom or photoshop. This has been the same for the last several updates.
I have been using a older version as that is what works for me.
Clearly there is a issue but I do not have the expertise to figure it out.
I have the latest driver, this was updated last week.
I need some help

here in the northern u.k and using Olympus gear for long range wildlife ,which usually entails cropping in as well I find topaz de-noise a invaluable part of my work flow regimes much so that I recommend it to all and sundry on social media 
 it must be woking well as in the last two weeks three of my photos have featured on nation t.v on the BBC winter-watch series .thanks for the finishing touch topaz !

1 Like

You have to combine this with Gigapixel ai, first with denoise some denoising, here you leave some noise with the original detail slider.

In gigapixel you take the compressed model and leave everything there at 0 or use the automatic (depending on your taste).

2x are working there already or you improve the detail of the original in which you reduce it afterwards again to original size. ← very nice!