DeNoise AI 2.4.2

Installation blew up for me. I’d love to share the screenshots I took but apparently I’m not allowed to attach images?

Can you upload them here? Submit files

We have tried to reproduce on various machines, configurations, and methods of updating and haven’t been able to reproduce anything so any information is helpful.

Done! My issue specifically seems to be because I"m installing to an non-NTFS (exFat) internal drive… Whatever linking command happening there doesn’t seem to like exfat.

Was in the middle of typing that out but you explained it perfectly. Didn’t anticipate this being an issue and it explains why none of us can reproduce it. Will try to find an alternative command, but unfortunately there’s no easy fix I can think of right now unless another mklink command works.

Could you try running this via an admin command prompt and see if it works? Unsure if it’s just junctions or if it’s all links.

mklink /D "D:\Applications\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\resources" "C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI"

C:\Windows\system32>mklink /D “D:\Applications\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\resources” “C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI”
The device does not support symbolic links.

Thanks for trying that, will have to come up with another solution. Will try to get it out ASAP, but will probably earliest be sometime tomorrow. For now the only thing to make the program work correctly would be to copy C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI into a folder named “resources” in your install directory. So you should have this path at the end:

D:\Applications\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\resources\tgrc

Sorry for the issue and thank you very much for the quick and helpful report.

What is the difference between the Online Installer and Full Installer? I’m on my MacPro. Thanks.
Mark

The full installer has all the components it needs to install without an internet connection, so it’s a much bigger upfront download. It will also always install everything (application, resources, etc).

The online installer is fairly small (~28MB on Windows, ~7-8MB on Mac I think), but it will download all the components it needs while installing. The online installer also has the ability to skip things that you don’t need to update assuming you already have an installation. So say 2.4.1 we change the application but not the models, the online installer would only need to download ~50MB while the full installer would be several hundred.

Functionally they should be identical besides that. Also the online installer is used in the background for in-app updates.

Yep, that solved it. Minor side-effect with that though, since the installation blows up at that last step the app doesn’t get registered with add/remove programs list to uninstall. I imagine there’s a command line parameter I can pass the installer executable to remove DeNoise AI if needed, not too worried about it. Thanks for getting me up and running again!

1 Like
  • Uninstalled previous rel. & beta release. Installed this commercial rel. to Win 10 Pro PC - to be used as Ps 2021 plugin. Ran “calibrate” on the standalone then closed it.

@adam.mains

• For image (processed using my Ps DAI plugin) below AIC and LL modes produced a green/cyan color tinge using Auto Settings. Didn’t see the color tinge on DAI mode. At least not as noticeably.

p.s. I only processed out the DAI mode option back to Ps 2021 b/c it was the only one that appeared acceptable in the DAI 2.4.0 interface. In “real life” I wouldn’t process options that intro random, unwanted colors.

Is it possible to get the older version of AI DeNoise? Version 2.3.6. Tried complete install and got really bad results. No DeNoise icon for my tray. Link in Photoshop does not work. Can’t find any executable files.

Prefer to go back to version 2.3.6.

Thanks,

Jim B

If you go to this link you can choose the version you desire.

BTW, what OS or device are you working with? The Ps Plugin just worked for me (other than color contamination of 2 modes) on a Win 10 PC. So I guess the correct way to say it is it launched for me as a plugin to Ps 2021.

Running macOS Catalina ver 10.15.7

1 Like

Does anything happen? Do you get any error msg?

Why does my Topaz Denoise Ai display a preview containing the previous image?
Why does Topaz not have a published phone number

Could you describe the issue more? If you’re having trouble, you can contact support here: Topaz Labs

During working hours we have live chats available.

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Might be worth sending via the in-app rating system. Using that you can give the AI researchers more information and examples of what’s going wrong.

Okey dokey. I’ll run it again and do that. - DONE!

I use PS CS6 on a Win 10 computer. I had image 1 up and denoised it, saved it and closed it. I opened image 2 up and when I opened denoise the preview was of image 1. Now I’m reduced to using another system instead of topaz. I updated Topaz Denoise this afternoon and that’s when the problem began is after the update. I’m using Denoise AI 2.4.0