DeNoise AI 2.4.2

I see. You can upload that sample in this link then.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/eIvqkfXPPVtJhjaqdYxk

I got your image. I see 2.2 also has color patch but less visible than the current version. Please upload the original noisy image in the same link if possible. I’ll add this in our test image set to test our future model update. Thanks for the feedback.

Have you Tried out the Affinity Photo Noise Separation?

I have a workaround for the color patches.

If you use Denoise as a plugin in Photoshop you can copy the layer you have denoised and run Denoise with Clear Mid or High over it.

Then set the denoised layer to color, so that the colors of this layer are transferred to the layer below.

This solves the problem at least a little bit.

Hi, I just upgraded this latest version, especially for the " Updated Photoshop plugins
– Should now save/load all the settings properly" feature. Thus this still does not work. Particularly, the picture does not open with the previous AI mode…did I miss something?

Thank you Developer, Topaz Denoise is a excellent software.

However, my camera is very bad, it have lots of color noise (color patch) at High ISO, which is not possible to remove by Topaz Denoise.

AI Clear are better at remove color noise than Denoise AI or Low Light mode, but it tends to oversharpening the edge and cause artifact.

It would be great, if Denoise AI can train with image contain more color noise.

Here is an example of the Raw file
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/image-comparison/download-image?s3Key=2bcee69d7ab34431bb28120b502fc950.arw

For more detail, you may want to check the images I posted in following post.

1 Like

The color splotches on each color square is not noise but more like color distortion caused by your camera. The solution is to get a good camera. Software can’t determine that large areas of color need to be corrected. If it did that then many things like logos and cheetah spots would be erased.

I believe that is intended and I also suggest you try using Ctrl/Cmd+F for the last filter process.

Also if Auto is the last used setting it will be different each time.

Or use smart objects to reopen in the previous mode for that image.

Thanks for your answer. It is a filter on a smart object, and the mode is not in auto. The ai mode is « low light » or whatever. Point it that when I reopen the picture via the plugin, it comes back to the default ai mode, not the previous selected one

As far as i know if you open by clicking on it in the Smart Object it should open with the last settings so you can adjust them.

If it isn’t you need to raise a support request at the main website.

Color Shift in 2.4.1 just like the prior version as well as in the Beta. Left half is before, Right Half is after running DNoise.

Hi @adam.mains , this I mentioned previously above, there seems to be an issue with the installation process as even though it is installed on the D: drive after I get the update notice and install using the online installer from the update notice I get the installer installing to here:

Then hanging here, as the update completed Dialog appears behind the deleting the rollback directory:

Now v2.4.0 is installed on the D: drive and the update 2.4.1 is installed on the C: drive.

The registry looks like this so I have to uninstall both and reinstall:

Reinstalling from the full installer, these are the panels:

Then I get the install panel here, and it installs correctly:

But only the Program Files entry in the registry after signing in again.

Then when the app starts it sets processing to GPU, if I press Calibrate again I get the same OPEN VINO error message but if I go back and switch off the GPU it turns Open Vino on.

If you like I can make another Video but it is the same as you already have.

Also a problem with the Smart Filter in CS6 …

This is what appeared:

This is the image open in CS6:

Unfortunately I cannot use smart filters as it reverts to the last used smart filter in v2.4.0 until I exit CS6, restart then use an image, not a Smart Object, then convert to a Smart Object and restart with the correct image.

But the issue is that the Smart Filter in DeNoise only retains the previous values for the last used values for the DeNoise model even if you used a different model.

All the logs in this ZIP: v2.4.1 Logs.zip.txt (75.5 KB)

But how do you explain that why “AI Clear” can remove those color noise but not “Denoise AI” from the same RAW photo.

Also you can see that some other software like DXO DeepPRIME can remove & fix those color distortion from the same RAW image without erasing the detail you mentioned.

For more detail you can check the second image in following post.

I am not saying Topaz Denoise is bad, I just want to point out the weakness and provide image for developer, so they can train the model with those noisy image and further improve the algorithm. I think we all want Denoise AI get better & better.

I developed 100 images with 2.4.1 and compared it to 2.3.6 and its originals and had no color shifts.

But i exported always to tiff.

Whats your denoising process, and whats your input colorspace.

DeNoise 2.4.1 full installer for MacOS will not install. DMG open, run the installer, installer icon bounces twice in the dock and then nothing…what gives? Can you provide a link to the 2.4 installer?

I looked at your color swatch picture a bit more and actually all three Denoise modes will reduce the splotches with AI clear being the best as your mention. I would not call this color noise however. There is a legacy Topaz product called Clean that will go a great job of getting rid of this (I included the settings). I used it on the picture below. I think it might be good if Topaz were to incorporate it as the color noise reduction algorithm in Denoise AI. I don’t really like the one they have now.

I ran this through Denoise AI first then Topaz Clean:

Unfortunately, it seems that Topaz no longer sells Clean. You could contact them if you think it would help you. In Topaz Studio 2 the Abstraction filter does pretty well if you have that.

I can open R5 CR3 images in DeNoise 2.4.1, but there is a strong green cast. I could also open them in 2.4.0, but then there was a magenta cast . Here is the same image as loaded into 2.4.1 and into DPP.
Oh well, it won’t let me post with the image.

R5 is not supported yet, only R and RP are supported in the LibRAW library. In the meantime you can use DPP to convert to TIF.