DeNoise AI 2.3.6

Has this low frequency color noise problem gotten even worse? I already mentioned this after updating to v2.3 in September:

Low Light and Denoise AI did a better job before v2.3!

1 Like

I agree Denoise AI and Low-Light-Mode are not very effective in removing High ISO color noise.
The remove color noise slider is pretty useless as well.
The old AI Clear does a much better job in removing color noise.
Hopefully they can re-train the AI model with high ISO raw image, it should be their first priority, IMO.

1 Like

DeNoise has kept getting better with each new update, however, in my experience it falls short with certain images.

I don’t have the very latest version of DeNoise (2.3.4), but all prior versions have done surprisingly poor jobs with image SCANS, and with still frames created with VEAi. I suspect this is because working with such images has not been a goal so far.

Thanks

It would be wonderful for the developers to consider working with such files.

2 Likes

I did raise a support request at the main website on oct 19th and still no answer on nov 27th. Seems like my license is not taken into account. Is there any way I can check, once the program is installed, if my license is validated and if not, how can I implement it?

I am trying to use Auto mode to reduce noise in a batch without any sharpening. I found the above statement, but when I choose Low Light with Auto and slide the Sharpening slide it turns Auto off.

Is there any mode that can be set to auto without sharpening? I am finding that 2.3.4 introduces a lot of sharpening which I would like to avoid.

Thank you.

If the program runs without asking you to sign in or you are not in trial mode then your licence is ok.

Bugreport:

Recover Original Detail slyder does nothing.

2.3.4 Plugin.

Update: Standalone too.

Same here. Remove color noise doesn’t work either. Quite annoying.

AI Clear can remove color noise better than other modes

I installed version 2.3.4 and its seems to work fine. Thanks|

2.3.5 did fix Postprocessing.

This does look to be improved in 2.3.5, although low light still does not seem as good as 2.3.3

For AI Clear, Low-Med-High’s noise reduction selections would be better if a slider concept was used instead like DeNoise and Low Light. I have been using Low Light in my workflow then using Gigapixel for further sharpening refinement and 2x enlargement. Could I get a link to 2.3.3 to test the output differences between 2.3.3 and 2.3.5? Thank you.

It’s seems V.2.3 have color noise problem, but V.2.2.12 is doing quite well for high iso.

1 Like

Question regarding DeNoise Ai v2.3.6
Is there a current way to have DeNoise “reset” Post Processing Sliders when it is shut down ? Why ?
When I open a new Image and select Comparison View , DeNoise applies whatever Settings I had last used in each of the possible functions including turning off Auto Mode . When starting fresh with a new Image I would ike to have DeNoise start fresh as well . Maybe an Option in the Preferences Tab ?
Thanks in advance,
Scott

I support this request as well.
I understand that it can be useful to apply same values to several pictures, but very often, I have to reset all sliders in all modes, one by one, to start from scratch, and it is a pain. So having a preference option or a reset button should be a good idea.

Running DeNoise AI 2.3.6 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7. Using AI as plug-in for Lightroom Classic 10.1
Original DeNoise products worked superbly, however, since recent update no change noted applying DeNoise - image looks no different to the original - nothing is enhanced?
Please assist?
Kind Regards
Michael

Please explain how you are calling DeNoise e.g. a external editor with a file type of TIF / PNG / JPG or dragging a RAW file onto the open app.

Then open Graphics info on the Help menu and press Copy then paste the info here also.

i have issue with my Z6 raw files. for some reason window photo lightroom/photoshop can read raw files but when i use denoise it can not read them and i get color lines going from left to right straight across screen. if do edit in lightroom to jpg it reads them or jpg of file it reads it. why can it not read my nikon Z6 raw files. not sure if can read my D7200 raw yet have not check yet.

The current version does not support the Z6 as it uses v0.1.7 of LibRAW. The RAW processing is currently being updated to the latest version of LibRAW but there is no ETA.