DeNoise AI 2.3.6

every Day a Update, every Day a Update which has a bug. Today updated Denoise - Mask doesn´t work. No Pencil

EDIT: It is only if I give TIFs from Lightroom to Denoise. If I open Denoise as standalone, it works.
Tried to install new, no difference

1 Like

Please go to Help-> Graphics info press Copy and paste the info here.

Also let me know if you have more than 1 GPU on your PC because, if I remember correctly, you have an iGPU and a GTX1650.

Do you mean me?

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.3.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Version 1909
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 441.66
CPU RAM: 32687 MB
Video RAM: 4096 MB
Preview Limit: 4431 Pixels

Sure. Can you to the NVIDIA website and update your driver’s to the latest version that may alleviate the issue with Lightroom.

If not you have 2 options:

• If you are using the GPU for processing switch off GPU optimization in the preferences and select Low for graphics memory as LR is having issues.
  • The other alternative is to switch to using CPU/OpenVINO for processing.

Just as a note for others that may be having issues with LR, LR grabs as much vRAM as it can and doesn’t release it.

1 Like

I use CPU/ OpenVINO. Tried external CPU, it is slower. Did this, but also slower.
Now I tried again, there are some pics working, and some not. If I have the problem that is no pencil for masking available, also the "auto update prieview doesn´t work ok.
Other pics (all the same Series, same Day, same Cam, same Lens) work fine…

EDIT: Very Interesting: If I open the pic a second or third time, then all works fine. First time only sometimes.

Please send me a link for a older version, thank you

EDIT2: Now I “lost” the pencil while I worked. Wanted nevertheless “Apply”. Ther comes: Error: File not found.
In Sharpen AI all works fine

You are using the GPU for rendering, upgrade the drivers and see if that helps, that would be my recommendation.

If you just want to go to the last version, download v2.2.12 from here:

1 Like

Thank you.
I updated my GPU, but I won´t use it because it isn´t at fast als my CPU. So I don´t think there will be any differences.
I will try this, and if the mistake will remain I use the older version.

Welcome to the club!

1 Like

I’m really impressed! You shell out a new release with new license model and dispite some cosmetics like a new button for “Low Light”, some changed words and photos to make a test nothing substantial really changed to the better. As I wrote before the last 20 updates were all to fix bug introduced with bug fixes.

In short I saw the following issues are still there or new:

1. Automatic mode: Over sharpen especially edges with some rim light.
  2. Automatic mode: Noise is not removed equally across an image. I will later upload image
  3. Cursor in split view doubles and jumps back and force. Annoying
  4. Where is the new comparison mode. I can’t see it in my UI.
  5. Where is this “Mode without sharpen”? I mean you could have set sharpen to 0 before as it is now mention. Nothing changed here. If you have the automatic mode set for a batch and you set sharpen to 0 the mode goes to manual and all images are set with the manual mode of the first image.
  6. I thought the noise reduction is equal to 2.12 when doing the image with both versions to compare in PS. But then I saw that the new model must have gotten some changes as the shadows got plodges with the new model. Will show later.
  7. You still can open DeNoise from the finder with an RAW file with “Open with”. You can then process the image like every other. You then can say apply (there is now save as in the menu for instance) and DeNoise show that it saves (or applies) the file. After several minutes when DeNoise is ready it closes as expected but there is now denoised file anywhere? Works as designed?

I haven’t tested so far what’s with the artifacts that Vers. 2 generates. Will do so when I have time.

2 Likes

I can confirm this problem. Using the keyboard space bar works correctly then not the left mouse button. I don’t see any artifacting problem with using the Low Light mode (called Hi Fi model).

I’m also finding that trying to move the image using the mouse hand doesn’t work the first time (after the preview has been updated) and requires a second attempt.

The preview image can be stuck in the “original image” view so that even though the process is being updated only the original is shown. I think this is related to the mouse moving problem. When the mouse is used to move the image but only once (so it doesn’t move) the image will stay in the original view and clicking on another mode (like low light) doesn’t change the preview.

Windows 10 PC GPU: RX5600 XT. Tested as stand alone.

Artifacting with Low Light mode occurs only when Enhance Sharpness is 0 - that’s the only time Hi-Fi model kicks in. A workaround is to use a bit of Color Noise Reduction, but then color of the small objects (like eyes for example) might get shredded.

I have the same issue. Nothing is happening to the image. When I hit “update” there’s no change. It gets a bit brighter, but nothing.

Could it be that it occurs with a certain type of image (png, tif)? Here is a jpg ISO 3200 image processed in low Light with enhance sharpness set to 0. Can you point out the artifacts if you see any?

Yup, this, for example:

Also in my case, this image:

mirror-test

…ends up like this:

Not happy That Topaz Labs decided to go the Adobe route with a yearly subscription model. Will keep on using the current packages.:frowning_face:

2 Likes

It’s almost like they trained the AI using enlargements that were made with a lens that had chromatic aberration issues. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Loading and viewing jpg files that have been processed with the latest version is very slow. It takes a few seconds to load a 24mpx jpg file on an SSD, but if I remove EXIF info it loads up fine.
Also EXIF is not carried over correctly, but I seen people report that before.

@mikmod1 Thanks, I didn’t know where to look. I can reproduce that but I never use zero sharpening so it won’t affect me. A simple fix is to make the minimum setting to 1 and apply a little blur to it to reduce the slight sharpening. This would be under the hood and only happen at the zero setting. Much more effective than a whole model that doesn’t work well.

Yup, but if you don’t use zero sharpening within Low Light model, you’ll never invoke Hi-Fi model, it seems.

From the release notes (1st post) …

“* Added new model that does no sharpening
– To use this model, use Low Light mode with 0 sharpening”

2 Likes