DeNoise AI 2.2.12

That will happen if you have “-denoise” at the end of your filename in the Save As dialogue box and also have Append processing mode as suffix set to Yes in preferences (File>Preferences).

2 Likes

Hi Paul,

You are probably right as I always have mine set to No as there is only denoise & aiclear.

1 Like

Updated to v2.2.1 from inside the Application, My Quadro RTX 5000 is now using the “Low Light Mode”, Solved.

Thank you @PaulM, I disabled in File>Preferences, I set “Append processing mode as suffix” to “No”.

1 Like

I’m trying to download the new Denoise and am getting error messages. One says Error copying file from packed archive to user (my name) /download/tgrc/nLsL_b.bin I have tried rebooting and then installing, and also starting all over again. Does anyone know what is going on or are having this same problem. I am using a MacBook Pro with Catalina

There is still a problem with the way files save when ‘Enable Discrete GPU’ is selected, vs using ‘Enable Intel OpenVINO’. I’m taking images from Photoshop into DeNoise AI. The images below show a comparison between the output from OpenVino vs GPU. I’m also showing what DeNoise was displaying right before saving.

The results displayed by DeNoise AI 2.2.1 are the same, whether using GPU or OpenVINO.

However, the file returned to Photoshop is very different. The GPU option returns numerous artifacts.

Here’s the file from OpenVINO. It matches what DeNoise displayed.

Here’s the file returned when GPU was selected.

This was also an issue in 2.1.

My graphic card info, if that helps:
Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.1

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.92

CPU RAM: 32701 MB

Video RAM: 11264 MB

Preview Limit: 7895 Pixels

2 Likes

Thanks Thomas.

Installed the Hot Fix 2.2.1 from inside the app without any issue. Notice however one small issue: when opening a file via Open Recent, and the file is no longer there or renamed, a file reference strip is shown suggesting the file is ready for processing, but cannot be opened (of course as it no longer exist). There is no warning nor indication that the file cannot be found at the last known location.

AiDon & adam.mains

V.2.2.1 still has the same problem with enable discrete GPU as I mention in post#196

Hardware information.
CPU I5-9400F
M/B ASUS TUF B360M PLUS GAMING S
GPU GTX1060-6G
RAM 8Gx2

Is the hardware problem?
Is it will be normal if I upgrade my GPU to RTX2070S?

NOTE: Please don’t link to user profiles in your posts

Please go to Help-> Graphics info, press Copy and paste the information here.

The problem same as Excorp
This is what happened since V.2.1.xx

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.1
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 442.92 (studio driver)
CPU RAM: 16299 MB
Video RAM: 6144 MB
Preview Limit: 7612 Pixels

His GPU is 1080TI, so I don’t think is the GPU problem.

I think it is best you raise a support request at the main website as this seems to be an issue with your PC environment and what may be running at the same time. They will be able to get a remote look at your PC.

Also you do need to press reset in the Advanced Preferences and the app will Calibrate your environment and select the best option for your PC. NOTE: Just update the preview and it will start calibrating.

Yes, I am set as you mention, no matter high, midium or low.

Did you press Reset, you need to do it with each update?

After pressing Reset what does it choose?

When you press reset and update the preview it will look like this:

@adam.mains … all I can say is WOW to be able to recover this image, backlit and @ 12,800 ISO on a APS-C sensor, that I use for testing:

From this …

To this …

Recovered using auto & night mode but I had to add extra color noise reduction …

3 Likes

It will be choose openvino after reset.

From the last image you should use OpenVINO to get the best result.

Thanks, In this case, discrete GPU is not so important for the Denoise AI system requirement? even someone using GTX1080TI it only get fast speed but worse result.

I just decided to update since I had 1.8 or thereabouts… looks like I got 2.2.1? Anyway I’m not sure if these are bugs or features… the View Original button is no longer a toggle, now you have to click and hold to view the original. And Brighten doesn’t work on 50% zoom.

To see the original just click and hold with the mouse.

Brighten does work at all Zoom levels, but only on an image that needs it.

Make sure you have clicked Reset in the Advanced Preferences to recalibrate the processing. It will happen next time you update a preview.