DeNoise AI 2.2.12

I am currently denoising 800 photos of a wedding (from 2019) and compare the pictures afterwards.

What I have seen so far is very great.

Before that there were problems with suits whose surface (fibers) were removed.

What I also like is that the artificially produced artifacts have decreased by about 90% (estimate).

1 Like

Found.
Here it eats Fabric.
But more Fine Fabric gots not eaten.

Denoised Auto + Night Mode Batch.

Original

Low light mode is promising to be a much better denoise model. However, on your example, it puts a purple fringe on some of the edges. Other than that, it looks great.

Here All is Fine, Fibres stay, fine noise is gone.

3-denoise
Denoised

3-No-denoise
Original.

Looks good. I just realized the purple edges were on the original.

Here also Very Nice. The Grooms Suit.

AI-Denoise (Auto) + Night Mode.
The Little added Cromatic Abberation is not as strong as it seems here.

Original Processed.

1 Like

I can reproduce this but it is not a simple fix. The way it works currently is if auto detect is selected, the controls are set to the auto levels every time you switch to an image. Since the auto detect levels have 0 for recover details, it will always set it to 0 even if you manually move it afterwards. The harder part is that if we keep your recover details setting, auto mode would be turned off which means that other images would be set to the current image’s controls.

This is something we would have to think about design wise in order to let images have both auto mode and individual recover details.

There is a pattern form which can be seen again and again with which it has problems.

denoise
De-Noise (Auto) + Night Mode

No-denoise

So here it is, this is the pattern it has Problems with.
The Same type of pattern as above.
Again Denoise + Auto + Night Mode. (Wedding Batch)

yes, adam, that’s why i asked not controlling recover details by auto detect levels, since it won’t calculate value for it, it should not override its value.

Dancing.

AI-Denoise (Auto) + Night Mode

In the previous version, DeNoise was applying too much sharpening so deliberately out-of-focus areas were becoming less out of focus. This wasn’t what was wanted! Has this been fixed?

I didn’t know DeNoise could get any slower. Then I installed the update.

1 Like

Please go to Help-> Graphics info, and press Copy then post the information here.

Hi
I just installed latest version
however I kept version1
and it is that version that is linked to Lightroom. How can I change the link so that Lightroom opens up photos with the latest version of Denoise AI.

I don’t use Lr. But maybe it works the same as my Ps. If you launch the latest installed version of DAI from your desktop (as a standalone). Then close it. Then go to Lr. When you launch the DAI plugin in Lr (as host) does it then show the latest release of DAI?

If you literally just installed and that doesn’t work, do a restart on your computer then try those steps again. Good luck.

I restarted the computer and the new version is now linked. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

Night Mode does a very good job here.

It leaves the image in a more natural way and does less of artifical sharpening.

I also like the auto mode very much now.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to report a bug. When I’m exporting a photo, it offers me to save it under the name “myphoto-denoise.jpg” but once saved, the photo is called “myphoto-denoise-denoise.jpg”
denoise is 2 times.

I don’t see that happening, this is the save dialog:

And it saves it as Carpenter Bee-denoise.jpg

Can you post a screenshot of your save dialog please.