DeNoise AI 2.2.12

Have you talked to support about this? This seems like a separate issue if it also happens in 2.2.7. If you give me your logs I can try to take a look, but it won’t be addressed directly in 2.2.9.

Adam you have missed the point this was created by the upgrade to Sharpen 2.1.4. I was using Denoise and Sharpen last night both were ok. Sharpen upgraded to 2.1.4 and both programs had problems with corrupt files. But as a consequence of that when reverting back no changes were being saved. I had no problems before this. This is only when interfacing with Lightroom.

2.2.9 is up and 2.1.5 is going to be up in a couple minutes. If that doesn’t fix it I’ll need to get more information.

One thing I can think of is due to the issues with 2.1.4 and 2.2.8, you may have to look in your folder for any TMP image files. So for instance, if you were working with myimage.cr2 LR would create a myimage.tif in that directory. Make sure that there are no myimage-TMP.tif files which may have been left over from the previous version.

There are no erroneous .tif files lurking in the directories i was working on. Infact I have tried processing files that have never been worked on just in case. Will see what the new upgrade brings.

I just updated to 2.2.9 and had the same issue. When I searched my drive for the old TMP file and deleted it, the new Denoise edits are now saved back to Lr. Do a search on your internal and external drives for the TMP file. Delete and then remove from the recycle bin.

1 Like

Uninstalled all Topaz products. Restarted PC. Installed 2.1.5 and 2.2.9. Restarted PC. Checked versions, opened Lightroom. Worked on new image and one that had previously been processed and all is ok now. I say that with fingers crossed.

1 Like

Seems to be OK now on my Mac and sending from and back to On1.

One thing I’d REALLY like in DENoise and other Topaz plug-ins is the ability to save back to my editing software with the suffix appended, as I can in the stand-alone version. Even though I try to remember to rename files, it can get very confusion having all series of files with “copy” or “copy-copy” appended!

Unfortunately this is a limitation with the host editor and not DeNoise. In order for us to work with something like Lightroom for instance, LR will make its own copy and name it something by default (append -Edit). It then passes that file to us, and then we have to save to that exact file otherwise LR won’t update it when we’re done.

If there is a way in your host editor to change suffixes that would be the only way I know to handle this.

I guess that makes sense Adam. And I shall just have to work round it by exporting a TIF then working with DeNoise in standalone. Thanks.

Still having problems with trying to reuse DeNoise settings from within photoshop (going from image to image, using the “last plugin” filter option). This was working in 2.2.2, broke in 2.2.3, was quickly fixed again in 2.2.4, and then was broken in 2.2.7. To add to the oddity, DeNoise remembers the setting for “Color Noise Reduction” when trying to reuse the last settings, but resets Noise, Sharpen, and Original Detail sliders.

I’ll make a note of this. This is a very frequent issue because of how these are stored on our end. I’ll make a note to simplify this as a task so it can stop being so finicky to other changes.

Denoise AI 2.2.9 will shut-down automatically when drag the preview panel to the right end side.

9%20shut-down%2002

Is it possible add a update choice icon that we can close the update notice, I downgrade to 2.2.7 but there is an update notice every time when I start denoise ai.

I can confirm that 2.2.9 fixed the issue I had with 2.2.8. No issues so far edit → except the one mentioned by PPONYMA above.

Thanks for the quick turn around.

Ugh, I am actually experiencing this now too with 2.2.9. Never had this issue with 2.2.7 before.

Actually on Windows it only happens when the app is maximized, try dropping it down by a couple of pixels on all edges like this and it will be OK until the fix comes:

I just open Denoise AI as preset (100% preview), everything is okay if moving preview panel to left end, but it will shut-down when moving to right end only.

Confirmed on my system as well.

Can’t confirm as the problem is there regardless of the window size on my desktop.

This problem now exists with the latest version of Sharpen AI (v2.1.5).

I have the same problem with Sharpen AI (2.1.5) and DeNoise AI (2.2.8 and 2.2.9). Going back to Version 2.1.4 resp. 2.2.7 solves the issue.