DeNoise AI 2.2.12

@adam.mains

is it possible to expand Denoise AI and so on, so that I can also enter the number of percent manually behind the slider?
Slightly pushing the slider is difficult if I only want to adjust 1 or 2 percent.
It would be a relief if I could simply enter my desired number in addition to the slider.
Like Lightroom.

Thank you!

Very easy to adjust size by 1% at a time via keyboard arrows:

Left arrow takes % down in 1% steps
Right arrows takes % up in 1% steps

1 Like

Thank you. It doesnĀ“t work perfect, but it works.

Each arrow press changes value by 1%. Press and hold to rapidly change value until released.

I donā€™t get the preview panel crash on Sharpen AI 2.1.5 and Denoise AI 2.2.9 as described, but whenever I down scale after an update I get the crash (using manual update). Only when app fully expanded as previously observed.

As an aside, I wish the Auto Mode and Auto Setting were ON by default, that would make more sense to me as a starting point.

Iā€™m not seeing the problem with moving the preview panel to the right in either Denoise 2.2.9 or Sharpen 2.1.5 on my Windows 10 PC.

Can confirm it isnā€™t happening on Windows Paul.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the log for the crash2020-08-30-07-23-17-Main.txt (80.5 KB)

Here is a short live screen capture (MP4) of DeNoise and Sharpen crashing when image is moved to the right edge of viewing pane. Download from my Box account:
DeNoise and Sharpen crash to Windows 10 desktop

Please go to Help-> Graphics info, press copy and paste the info here. I suspect it is an issue with your AMD GPU. Are your drivers up to date from the AMD website?

I use NVIDIA and integrated Intel and have no more issues.

lol,

just for interest (this canā€™t happen) i dropped a tiff into denoise and ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ it did crash.

Right after first compute, then move straight to the right.

Same Problem as @gewb10026

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.9

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)

Graphics Hardware: Quadro P5000/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 451.77

CPU RAM: 65212 MB

Video RAM: 16384 MB

Preview Limit: 8000 Pixels

2020-08-31-16-02-0-Main.txt (82.2 KB) 2020-08-31-16-02-0-QML.txt (7.1 KB)

1 Like

Hi Thomas, yes I see it happens but only if I am right at the edge of the view panel and then enlarge the Window (any type of image)ā€¦ I get this error (v2.2.9):

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFEC3CD284E (ucrtbase.dll) in Topaz DeNoise AI.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

Seems strange ā€¦

yea, very strange, every time you hit the right side.

In both, Navigator and main Window.

1 Like

I am currently working on this issue and have a fix at the moment. Iā€™m going to clean this up and talk to the team about releasing an update either today or tomorrow to clean up everything.

3 Likes

Thanks Adam ā€¦

Per your request:

Application & Version: Topaz DeNoise AI Version 2.2.9
Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0)
Graphics Hardware: AMD Radeon ā„¢ R9 200 Series
OpenGL Driver: 3.3.14736 Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 20.8.1 27.20.2001.13001
CPU RAM: 16332 MB
Video RAM: 2048 MB
Preview Limit: 7134 Pixels

FYI, v2.2.7 did not have this issue.

It actually seems to be an inconsistent issue but is being addressed now and, as Adam said, we should have a fix either today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow for me as it is nearly 10PM where I am ā€¦ :grin:

Yeah, itā€™ll definitely be tomorrow for you. Building and releasing DeNoise and Sharpen takes several hours and I want to go over a list of issues and get as much as I can into this next patch. Unfortunately the past couple releases were rushed for authentication updates and then LR fixes, and I donā€™t want this one to be rushed as well.

1 Like

Sure hoping ā€˜last filterā€™ in Photoshop starts working. No pressure. Just casting my hopes, dreams, and wishes out into the bottomless void that is the internetā€¦