DeNoise AI 2.2.12

Instead of using DNG output from DeNoise I would recommend that you use TIF output with the Color Noise Reduction slider (in the Post processing options) set to at least 0.80 or try with the Low Light Mode on as those images are 12,800ISO.

In my case I have an A6400 and low light mode works well for high ISO.

I had indeed heard that DNG is dodgy with DeNoise (Now that I don’t use Lightroom I’ll be sticking with ARW from my Sony 6300).
However, I experimented with exporting the file from On1 as TIF and then using Low Light Mode. To me, the picture looks more muddy than my original conversion, whilst the skin tones, the ruby red wooden float and the sawdust in the cobblestones at the bottom left have not rendered anywhere near as well!
Thanks for the tip anyway.

Try opening the RAW image directly in DeNoise and save as TIFF/ProPhotoRGB using low light mode then adjust that in ON1.

I also use ON1 Photo RAW but I find I get a better result doing that.

I tried it on that and a couple of other similar photos and it does seem to do a better job with those deep blacks.
Would you also recommend this for RAW files other than DNGs? I am now working with ARW but haven’t had to invoke DeNoise AI yet in such drastic circumstances since the switch.

That’s strange, I’ll take a look.

Yes I do, have a look at this other thread that was started a while ago, it has some comments about using DeNoise … obviously before the Low Light Model was introduced but the basics still apply.

I just updated my software to the latest 2.2.7 version. Now my exports are a black screen when it was working perfectly before the update. How do I fix this or how do I revert back to the older version that worked well?

I would check if changing the processing mode via advanced settings in preferences fixes the issue. Which version did you have working?

I don’t see any change between the original and the preview on jpgs put into both the plugin or separately launch DeNoise 2.2.7 nor does changing dGPU setting to off nor does changing the memory from med to high. I tried cranking DeNoise to high and no visible change.

I have W10 1909 with a AMD RX580 and tried both the Microsoft certified and the optional 20.8.1 from AMD.

I just bought a new laptop a month ago so I believe it was 2.2.0 version. I am not sure what you mean by processing mode. The only two things I can change in advance preferences is ‘enable discrete GPU’ and ‘Enable Intel OpenVINO’ I have played with those settings and it still doesn’t work. GPU is set to No and Intel is set to yes.

Laptop Specs would help here.

And please post details, not just “I7” and 1 GB of Ram.

CPU Model
RAM Size and its MHZ
GPU Model and VRAM Size.
GPU Driver Revision Number.

Every time a process a photograph and close it with the little cross in the right corner below or with the file tab above Denoise closes and I get an crash error message from apple. I use Denoise 2.2.7 on a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina. It’s so fustrated to start Denoise again and again after every processed photograph because it’s crashing. What can I do, please help. Thank you.

This is going to sound silly but is auto update preview on, and if it’s not on are you pressing update after changing settings? If you are, I would need to see your logs in order to know if this is an issue.

If you want to post your logs here, go to the app and navigate to the menu option Help > File Logging > Open Log Folder. The folder that opens up is where all your logs are stored. Also make sure file logging is turned on in that same menu.

In order to simplify checking for the error on my end, I’d like you to delete all the files in that folder and then restart DeNoise AI. This will automatically create 2 new logs where you can reproduce the erroneous behavior. In order to attach the logs here you’ll need to change the extension to .txt since the forum will block .tzlog.

Can you send me the crash log?

As far as I’m aware, the black output issue is indicative of not enough memory to export an image. However there were no major changes that I believe would cause this moving to 2.2.7. If you have a particular version you know worked you can revert to that one. I’d recommend contacting support and sending them your system info.

Adam i can. Can you let me know how ? And I have made a video of the things I do and what happened. Can I send you this to ?

You can copy the contents of the crash log, or I think there’s an option to save somewhere on the window. I’m not entirely familiar with Mac so I can’t point it out off the top of my head. For video I think uploading it would be easiest. You can upload both the log and the video to dropbox here: Submit files

Thank you and log files and movie are downloaded in your Dropbox. My compliments for the very quick reply and taking action. That’s really something. Thank you for this. Lonny

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

here are my specs:
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core™ i5-8350U CPU
Ram size and MHZ: 16.0 GB and 1.70 GHz 1.90 GHz
GPU Model and VRAM size: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 and 1500 MB
GPU Driver revision number: 26.20.100.7812

Thanks, Brian

As Adam said.

GPU spec is too low, but you did write you don’t use it anyway.

you could try i again with OpenVino off (Intel Off, GPU Off) but then processing will take some time.