DeNoise 3.4

Yep - same here on an M1 Macbook Air. Gone back to 3.2 while we wait for a fix!

Hi pieterbosch.nl,
First, Seasons Greetings to you.
I have the same problem as you

, Iā€™ve logged this with support but do not appear able to uninstall from my Windows 10 machine - no Denoise showing in programs to remove.
Iā€™ve tried updating the video driver to latest version but menus are still unreadable - see attached.
I hope this can be sorted after holiday break.

Go to the directory it is installed in and run the uninstall app

tried that version too ā€¦same thingā€¦ version before the latest update worked perfectly fineā€¦ I have no idea whatā€™s going on but super frustrating
(thanks for reply btw)

I have the same problem, I must reinstall 3.3.4

Just want to share that I just purchased Topaz Labs DeNoise, Sharpen, and Gigapixel and it was extremely confusing and frustrating to get it working. Instead of purchasing, installing, and using the software I had to spend hours researching online to figure out why my Lightroom Edit In External Editor preset for Topaz Labs wasnā€™t working. When I would use it it would just save a new copy in the directory and I had to synchronize the folder to get the files to show up.

Finally ran into this comment and it worked perfectly.

Is there a reason why Topaz Labs ONLY looks in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets directory? A lot of us have moved over to storing out presets within our catalog.

Does Lightroom not support a way of locating the presets directory for the default catalog? Or is there no way to add this to the stand alone Topaz applications in order to prompt the user to select their presets directory?

Iā€™m a software developer and tech savvy so I understand why this is happening and didnā€™t really mind troubleshooting but this would be extremely disrespectful to clients who arenā€™t tech savvy.

Thanks for the reply.
Iā€™d already tried this - there is a shortcut listed in the directory to uninstall but no file at the link to effect the uninstall.
Hopefully when the break is over someone will have some answers. Iā€™ve tried downloading denoise again and the re-install works but with the same results.
I do appreciate you finding the time to offer suggestions at such a busy family time, thank you.

1 Like

After update to version 3.4.1 it is crushing upon start on Mac OS Monterey on Mac M1 Pro MAX, anything I can check/adjust?

If you updated in app try removing it and installing from the download, mine was crashing on image load in stand alone mode until I did that.

Unfortunately none of the installation paths worked for me, neither a standalone installer from the web site nor the in app update worked. Performed full cleanup after each.

This piece of crap suddenly started to crash upon start, after 3.4.1 has worked for a few days.

Seriously, since september, on my Mac M1, this shit has worked something like 5 days for me.

And yes, I am angry as hell and using bad words.

Not because the application does not work, I can get it, itā€™s life and how software development goes.

What I canā€™t stand is the lack of respect of the support : barely any answers, for weeks, only I get really angry and I might get some partial reply.

Never proper greetings, follow-up or thanksā€¦ Unacceptable, especially for such a poor delivery.

1 Like

Where can i find version 3.3.4?

Sorry about that, I can explain further.

Updating to Qt 6 is a forward looking change that allows us to focus on support for newer systems. There is no immediate change besides the movement of some things and perhaps some performance benefits relating to shaders. However this allows us to make bigger changes in the future like using more efficient rendering engines (Vulkan/Metal), and lines us up with Win 11/Monterey support. It also officially drops support for Windows 7 and 8, although it still seems to work from what Iā€™ve seen.

The AI engine changes are usually for specific configurations and itā€™s difficult to list specific groups of changes. I believe this one reverted something related to 900 series Nvidia cards that caused slowdown or quality issues, but Iā€™d have to double check with the maintainer for the engine.

1 Like

The RAW model is very specifically for RAW models that use a 2x2 bayer filter, so something like RGBG, RGGB, etc. RAF files use 4x4 and 6x6 filters that are specific to Fuji, so those are not supported by the RAW model. However, Fuji does have some 2x2 cameras out there so those RAF files can use the RAW model fine.

Itā€™s sort of tricky because this information isnā€™t readily available in most views, so you kind of just need to know what sensor your camera has.

When you uninstalled did you fully remove the folder in Program Files? This is unexpected because there shouldnā€™t be any install change on Windows, and Windows 10 is supported fine.

When running it, does it pop up anything or does it just close? Does it generate any logs? They would be in C:\ProgramData\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz DeNoise AI\Logs by default.

Just a general update here while I try to fix stuff.

So far weā€™ve talked to several users (thanks everyone describing your issues and steps to mitigate, what happened before running into it, reproduction, etc. Itā€™s incredibly helpful!). Unfortunately there wonā€™t be an update today, or maybe even tomorrow, but Iā€™m hoping to wrap up several important bugs in the next update (3.4.2). This will hopefully include crash on open fix, more prompts to ensure people arenā€™t running the .app from the DMG (if youā€™re mounting the DMG and then running it, please drag and drop into applications and then run it), PS plugin installation issues, and some other minor things here and there. The next update will also include the masking and preference panel from Sharpen, so itā€™s not all just bug fixes.

Iā€™m looking forward to this next release and am hoping it solves the majority of the issues being encountered. Sorry for the issues to anyone who encountered them.

Wish you all have a happy rest of the holiday season!

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m using the latest 3.4.1 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max with OS version 12.0.1

With my latest camera (Nikon Z9) Iā€™m having trouble saving as a DNG. Opening the Z9 RAW file already works great and the results using the RAW AI model are amazing. So from my understanding DeNoise does support the Z9 files already. Unfortunately when saving as a DNG the resulting file canā€™t be read by neither Photoshop nor Lightroom Classic.

This does happen with the standard uncompressed RAW files coming from the Z9 as well as the new ā€˜high efficiencyā€™ RAW files which so far can only be opened after converting them to DNG with Adobe software. A quick test with D850 and D5 files and the exact same process showed, this only happens with the Z9 as far as I can tell.

I would be nice to get the save as DNG fixed for the new camera and even better if the new Z9 high efficiency files could be supported natively.

Thank you!

Saw similar behavior with 3.4.1. Initially worked fine as a stand-alone, then started crashing at splash screen. I didnā€™t keep a previous version installed. I re-installed 3.4.1, which helped for about a week, then started crashing again. Re-installing has not fixed the problem this time. Using a 13" 2020 M1 macbook pro.

(sorry, posted before seeing adam.mains recent post about a forthcoming update to address this.)