DeNoise 3.4

For both the 3.4 and 3.4.1 update, I followed the prompts from the application to upload. At the end of each installation it hung with a dialog saying it was deleting the rollback directory. Eventually I gave up, closed the dialog, it warned about quitting the installation but then gave a dialog saying the installation was successful.

With 3.4 it was. With 3.4.1 the short cuts in the Start Menu (Windows 10) were missing, I downloaded the full installer and that fixed everything up and it works fine.

I’ve glanced through the posts and don’t see this as mentioned but I might have skipped over it.

I have installed 3.4.1 on my Intel iMac Pro and even though I pick a difference model (ie, pick Low Light) and the bottom shows the processor as Low Light, when I click Accept (running as stand-alone plug-in for Adobe LRC), the processing shows as ‘Severe’ - any model ends up running ‘Severe’ model.

It does appear to work properly when I open a RAW file outside of LRC (open file directly). I am using the comparison view if that matters. Perhaps it is always using the top-left view regardless of what is highlighted? I will try to debug some more.

Can confirm - regardless of which view is highlighted in comparison view, it seems the top-left view is used when clicking to apply the denoise. Again - comparison view, Intel iMac Pro, stand-alone AND LRC plugin.

I can’t seem to reproduce this, but maybe I’m doing it wrong?

If I load comparison view I get Standard, Clear, Low Light, and Severe Noise from top left to bottom right. I click on Severe Noise and click save, and I get Severe Noise out. You’re saying you’d get Standard from this?

Just adding to the chorus of those whose MacBook Pro M1 Max can’t run DeNoise 3.4.1 anymore. Crashes on launch. Deleted everything, rebooted and re-downloaded and installed. No luck. Latest MacOS, etc.

That is correct. If I select any view other than the top-left, it will ignore my selected model and go with the top-left. I can try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that fixes the issue.

I captured a screen recording which you can view here: https://andydragon.com/depot/DeNoiseBug.mov

I removed and reinstalled the app from a new download, but it still does this.

All programs from the Topaz image processing package, in any case, add some information to the metadata of the processed image and this information can be seen in the EXIF.
Maybe it makes sense to add additional information about the version of the program and the processing mode used to the metadata of the processed images?
Or make it readable if it is already there.
This would avoid confusion with the definition of the processing mode used for each image, and would also allow users to evaluate and compare the results of image processing by different version of models and different versions of Topaz programs.

Thanks for the video! I can reproduce it now. Will try to get a fix in for 3.4.2.

I think we’ve discussed adding this type of information before (version, settings, etc). For now it’s lower on my list but it’s certainly something that can be done I believe.

I think I’ve fixed it. It looks like it was just a visual bug. Basically the comparison view went away, but in the background it was reloading and reloading sets the index to the top-left one. The engine itself was still processing with the selected model though.

It appears to be more than visual. I looked at the two resulting output files (DSC_2952-denoise-raw.dng - from changing the top-left view’s model and DSC_2952-denoise-standard.dng - from selecting the bottom-right view of raw and DeNoise using the top-left view with the standard model) and the results are not the same. It appears that the QML binding which may be messed up due to the view’s being destructed does affect the processor model used in the actual output. If there is a RC that I can test with, I can confirm the fix ends up with the appropriate output.

Denoise LowLight and Sharpen too Soft in action.

Click to enlarge.

Denoise Low Light & Sharpen

Before

Original image - EOS M5 & EF 14mm 2.8 / f8

I don’t really like the EOS M5, the APS-C sensor already has a lot of blur and loss of resolution due to diffraction because of the small pixels.

Denoise and Sharpen are a good help there.

There is a large Halo (The Blue Edge in the Sky) at the top center of the image, this is because I accidentally recalculated a mask while recording a video and the values are inappropriate at this point.

Several new bugs are present on Microsoft Surface Pro 7. Slide function is nearly unuseable, far slower rendering, just overall worse. Last version was perfect. Can I go back?

Sure, find the release you want in the Product Releases section of the forum. If you want any that aren’t listed there raise a support request at the main website.

Hi Steve

Ditto! I too have exactly the same problem

Same here but 3.4.1 was working fine. 3.4.2 crashes when loading a picture (CR3) into it. Bummer

Did the in-app update and got a message after downloading that something called “osascript” wanted to make changes. Sorry, but I am not prepared to enter my master password for something like that, without knowing what it is.

This is fantastic - Bought it on the 26th, ran into some issues where lightroom → Denoise wouldn’t load all the photos in one go - decided to run a more stable version (3.3) - downloaded and tried to log in, Permission Denied (0) Error on all login attempts and variations of logins.

Okay sweet. Download the latest version released today? Permission Denied (0) Error. Sick. Sweet. Unusable. A simple log in error has me locked out of the program with no support phone line to contact to remedy this.

Edit: Firewall was the culprit, thank you Adam

1 Like