DeNoise 3.3

how can you go back? I want to do this too

ok found it

Then let’s see how bad this really is.

This time I even included the linear raw from Capture One.
__
There is one more quick note.
While preparing (in Capture One) the images, I thought the Dng from Denoise was the one from DxO.

If I had zoomed in or looked at the filename, I would have noticed it right away.

So the difference between Denoise DNG and the original and the output of DxO is not so huge that you would have to say “that’s not good”.

Click on the images to compare them in the large view.

Linear Raw - Capture One

Capture One - Edited - No Denoising

Denoise Raw - Capture One

DxO - Capture One

Linear Raw - Capture One

DxO - Capture One

Linear Raw - Capture One

DxO - Capture One

I denoised the image in Denoise RAW without restoring the details, which would have looked a little better overall.
Too smooth is then also not beautiful I think.

When sharpening you also have to be careful because the denoised image is already somewhat sharpened (with Denoise RAW), you lift these sharpening edges, as here in my example, which leads to an irregular overall image and an amplification of artifacts.
I would wish that you could regulate this manually and not automatically.

What I’m really excited about with Denoise RAW is the colors and that it removes chromatic aberrations really well.

I think that Denoise is on a very good path.

4 Likes

My comment did not apply to your post. I wrote about the program and its various modes of operation. Therefore, you don’t have to explain your actions to me.
I wish you success in your creative process.

1 Like

Hi donbazillio,

Haha, I realized my mistake much too late
sorry about the erroneous response, I’m working on little sleep.

Best regards,
JR

At the moment, I recommend setting “Recover Detail” to about 50%.

And by all means, when importing to Lightroom or whatever, set the denoise (color and luma) and sharpen to “0”.

The reason I would disagree with setting Recover Detail to 50% is that it simply blends the original picture with the processed one. This puts noise back into the picture you just denoised. It would be better to reduce the Reduce Noise or Enhance Sharpen settings.

After trying all of the various suggestions here I cannot get DeNoise to save tiff files back into Lightroom so I’m going back to the previous version. I look forward to hearing when this is all sorted out. I shouldn’t have to spend hours reading advice on a forum to get a programme to work properly.

I should add that I was unable to get Lightroom to open DeNoise in its external version. (Mac user)

1 Like

That’s not what AI supposed to do. If some old-generation denoiser, then yes. But not for AI which should better discriminate details from noise.

Been through the forum posts, can find no discussion of the artifacts I am seeing. The only other information I can offer is that they are not consistent - I always get them, but they are different colors in different locations if I exit DeNoise and reload the photo.

Is there a way to upload my photo?

Thanks,

B.

I got a response from Topaz concerning “missing profiles” in LR with imported DNG from Denoise Ai 3.3.2. I suspect the other issues people are seeing (dark images
) are caused by the same thing.

"Depending on the file size of the metadata file passed through our program, it may strip some of that data when the DNG is created. I suspect that’s what’s happening here. We are aware of this behavior and allow it to occur at the moment, because the alternative behavior would be inability to create the file at all. Basically, it allows the file to be written with metadata removed.

The root of this behavior is in a third-party software we incorporate and our development team is aware of it and seeking a permanent solution. Unfortunately, I don’t have one immediately. The inability to use those profiles in Lightroom is a direct result of that data not being transferable to the new file without other conflicts.

Again, we are aware that it occurs for some files, and we’re seeking a permanent resolution. It’s something we are eager to resolve."

DeNoise AI v3.3.3 now works perfectly with this workflow on Windows 10.
I understand that the RAW model is only available in standalone mode.
I may do a little testing to see what results I get, but I am happy that my original workflow is intact.

Tonight’s release (10/8) for me at least has fixed the artifact issu!

Im using the latest version of De-Noise AI, The problem im reporting effects the LR plugin and the standalone app, when loading a photo into denoise and going in to comparison view and selecting the AUTO button and then selecting the denoise modules eg, Standard, Clear, Low light etc. the following sliders to not update REMOVE NOISE and ENHANCE SHARPNESS this effects a single image or batch processing, im using Windows 11.

Has anybody noticed that Denoise is really slow and blocking performance in other programs while running on a Mac (MacBook Pro 2020). I hadn’t had this problem until version 3.3.2 and had hoped for a solution in 3.3.3 but it hasn’t improved.

Hi,

I have been testing Denoise AI 3.3.3 with Macbook Air 2020 (Big Sur 11.6, i5, 16 gigs). There seems to be random artefacts appering to Olympus RAW-files (ORF). It varies from severe pink artefacts to smaller lime green ones. Selecting RAW color correction on/off does not make any difference. Denoise was run as a standalone.

I was trying to attached images as examples, but it seems that I am not allowed to do so. Unfortunately, as picture would examplify this better.

I am also seeing this. Uncompressed Sony RAW (.ARW) files. Hope we see a response soon.

B.

Version 3.3.3 messes up my pictures orientation (Vertical shown as Horizontal). Anybody else experiences the same?

Greg

I use a Sony A55 camera and haven’t had any artifacts in my ARW pictures so far. I mostly have landscapes and am now on V 3.3.3. I find the RAW model does an excellent job.

And when launched as a plug-in it always starts minimized and not full-screen as before.

Greg

1 Like