DeNoise 3.3

Can anyone advise how to roll back to Denoise 3.2 from 3.3 please?

Terry

i’m not the creator of the video.

But there is a information.

here.

on top of the thread.

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/denoise-3-2/25558

In Denoise 3.0.3 the corrections render fine in Topaz but after saving as a tiff the image has no changes back in Lightroom.

Adding additional steps to the workflow was not a good idea when using this program as a plugin to LR Classic. Luckily I still have my old installer and was able to install the old version.

3 Likes

#darky magic!
Even on Windows Lightroom only saw the changes made with Denoise in the Library module and not in the Development module. I moved the [TopazDeNoiseAI.lrtemplate] file as you indicated and everything now works. Perfect (and thank you)

Quick update, we are working on the external editor issue and there should be a release later today that fixes it. I don’t think we messaged some of these changes correctly so there is some confusion.

If you are on Windows, make sure you close/reopen Lightroom if it was open during the install. Also if you have any manually created presets you will need to update them to point to the External Editor shortcut which is in the same directory as the Topaz DeNoise AI.exe file.

I believe on both Windows and Mac if you have two entries and one opens Standalone and one opens External Editor, then you will need to restart LR, or update the template in preferences. We’ll have a help doc on this shortly.

There also is a bug on Mac where if the template doesn’t exist it doesn’t get dropped correctly, and that will be resolved in 3.3.1 later today.

Sorry for all the issues with external editor mode, but this sudden change is required for us to fix drag and drop onto the icon to edit in standalone, as well as right click > open with flows as well. Previously these would open in external editor mode and people would unknowingly overwrite their files. This change prevents that from happening.

2 Likes

Why did you change the workflow for Lightroom User? Did the plug-in do not work from version 3.3. anymore? Must I in future use the stand alone version of DeNoise?
It is so easy to use DenoiseAI, right click on the RAW-file in LR opens the edit-dialogue. I choose to edit in DenoiseAI, LR creates a tif-file, gives it to Denoise, that program makes his great job and saved the changes back into the tif-file, that was automatically updated in LR. I was so fine with that!
I tested the workflow I saw in the video with the 3.2-version and had no satisfying results and a cumbersome workflow with dng- or nef-file. Only when I exported the RAW-file to tif in LR and opened the tif-version in Denoise the result was as satisfying as in the plug-in-work but the work-flow was much more complicated (export, import, synchronise).
I am hopeful that you will reanimate the LR-plug-in, otherwise the version 3.2 will be the last DenoiseAI-version for me and I have to look for other denoise-programs with a better integration in the LR-workflow.
Please tell me that I am wrong!
Kindly
Holger

2 Likes

I believe the changes you are describing are the issue I posted about above. This should be resolved in 3.3.1. The flow for LR should not have changed significantly.

Please try 3.3.1 when it’s released. We will also make a help page that I’ll link at the top when it’s available.

1 Like

We plan on continuing to improve RAW going forward, so this is something we can definitely look into. It would be helpful if you could provide the images you are using as well as expected results so we can test our changes to match expectations.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! :+1:
I hopefully will wait for the 3.3.1. version, will install and test it. If there is something to complain with this version I will report it here.

1 Like

Just for the record, I am having the same exact issue with ON1 Photo Raw program as well, no edits returned, and the program does not shut down after saving. I assume this will also be fixed in 3.1.1

Thanks for this update. I hope this will resolve back to the old way of roundtrip out of LR.
Even though I am tempted by the new RAW option and have now watched the video to show how to initiate the sync folders to show the new DNG, the issue I have is that I do a lot of cropping with my images. Therefore I have always done my cropping LR first, then LR sends the cropped version of a Tiff to Denoise (via Edit In: Denoise) and that greatly speeds up the processing of Denoise when saving back to LR.
With the 3.3.0 update I end up with an extra Tiff that I have to sync back into LR (easy enough to do but another annoying step) then need to delete the first Tiff (again, easy (hit X, hit CMD Del) but another step). In past versions Denoise just overwrote the Tiff sent to it from LR and that then auto updated in LR once it was saved. No extra Tiff generated.
I’m hoping with the 3.3.1 update you can restore the option to have Denoise overwrite the Tiff so I don’t need to do any synchronizing or deleting.

3 Likes

This should be the case

I saw this but please let me know how and where send a RAW file to support.

For anyone with Lightroom issues, please download 3.3.1.

Mac users:
You will need to open the standalone application for the template to install/update fully.

Windows and Mac users:

• You will need to go to preferences and set your external editor to the new template file. I’ll have instructions for this at the top of the thread shortly.
  • Please make sure to close/reopen Lightroom after installing to ensure the latest file is loaded.

If you have any issues let me know. As far as we’ve tested this should fix the LR flow, but it does require some additional steps due to how the integration works. Once this is resolved in this version it should not have to be modified again.

Also, worst case for Mac users is to copy the lrtemplate to the the Adobe LR external editor folder. This would also fix 3.3.0.

Copy LR template file: /Applications/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI.app/Contents/Resources/TopazDeNoiseAI.lrtemplate
To Adobe LR directory: ~/Library/Applications Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets

2 Likes

any way of exporting images from denoise ai 3.3 to photoshop

You can use the Photoshop plugin. The installer should add it automatically and you can access it by going to Photoshop, loading an image, going to Filter > Topaz Labs > Topaz DeNoise AI from the top menu.

1 Like

You can contact support here: https://support.topazlabs.com/

Make sure to describe the issue and attach example images so we can address the issue. It may not be a quick fix but we’ll know more once we get the information.

will the new raw mode in denoise work when you do this