DeNoise 3.3

Thankyou very much for this solution! It solved the problem. Now I can wait for my hair to grow back.

1 Like

Sorry, this is not a solution, it is a very kludgy workaround.

Unfortunately that is not the case, it is not opening as an external editor, and it does not pass the edits back to ON1.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and tried again, same results.
One thing I have noticed, there is an external version executable listed in the TopazLabs LLC/Denoise directory as well as the Denoise executable. I have tried calling both from ON1 but have not seen any difference in how they operate. I do not see such a file structure in any other Topaz directory.

Pardon me, to be perfectly clear, it is not an executable but a shortcut, but it does not appear to run the external editor, it runs stand alone version (the best that I can tell, since it operates exactly the same).

Hope this helps.

Sorry, my comment was about ON1 template file/plugin being in the wrong Lightroom folder, for LR users. Not sure about Denoise from ON1…
PS The shortcut for Denoise external editor does run the main executable, but adds an argument to the command ( --external-editor), so Denoise should run differently.

Hopefully Topaz can sort things out for the majority of users soon… glad to have helped a few in the meantime though.

2 Likes

Hi, I was going to start a new thread, but don’t seem to be able to do so. I am using Denoise as a plug in on Luminar 4. I see that when I apply the denoise option it changes the colour profile of the image, it seems more garish. I can re-adjust the colour, but don’t know if this a bug or what. I don’t seem to have the same issue with Affinity Photo.

I tried to attach a couple of photo’s to demonstrate my point, but am not allowed to post pictures :see_no_evil:

I’m having a weird issue with updating previews. Windows 10, using it as a plug in from Photoshop.

When I use the compare feature, and so can see 3 different ones at once, they all update fine.

When I try to just go it the usual way with the side by side view, as soon as I hit “update preview” it greys it out and it says “not updated.” I have to go into the compare one in order to update it. It’s really driving me nuts that I have to look at the 4 previews each time.

1 Like

The shortcut in your application folder is opening the standalone, or is this one you created?

By default the installer should drop a shortcut that points to the application and appends an extra argument so we can detect LR vs Open With/drag and drop onto exe. Can you right click the shortcut, go to properties, and confirm it’s pointing to the right place? It should look like this:

Also, you can check the LR template itself to make sure it’s pointing to the right place. By default the lrtemplate goes to the LR external editor preset folder in AppData. For example: C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets.

That file should look like this, note where externalEditorFullPath is pointing to:

s = {
	id = "1410F8CD-C72A-4A82-8D40-F5E779AA14D9",
	internalName = "Topaz DeNoise AI",
	title = "Topaz DeNoise AI",
	type = "ExternalEditor",
	value = {
		externalEditingFormat = "TIFF_None_16_ProPhotoRGB",
		externalEditingFormat_dpi = 300,
		externalEditorFullPath = "C:/Program Files/Topaz Labs LLC/Topaz DeNoise AI/Topaz DeNoise AI External Editor.lnk",
	},
	version = 0,
}

If everything here is identical, finally check if you are using the “Store presets with this catalog” option. (Preferences > Presets in LR, slightly below halfway on the window). If this is checked then LR will look for templates in your catalog folder and not the folder I mentioned above. If you have it turned on you’ll need to copy the preset from above into your catalog folder, or turn the option off.

Finally if all of that is correct, please let me know. It seems like this is causing a lot of issues but I think it’s partly because of differing setups that we haven’t accounted for. I want to get this resolved ASAP, but it involves finding the cases that aren’t working.

1 Like

Hi Paul, I’ve upgraded your perms and you should now be able to post images :slight_smile:

The October 1 release of denoise does not open in stand alone or any other way. I can’t do anything with it. Can I revert to previous version or can you fix asap.

This sounds like a clear bug, and I can reproduce it. Will fix right now and get it into the next patch release. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

We are looking into this case right now, but I don’t have a workaround at the moment. For now you can go to the previous version’s thread and download it.

So, first and foremost, I want to make sure we are clear, I am not using Lightroom. I am an ON1 user, I have Denoise setup in preferences within ON1, and have used it this way for at least a couple of years. When I drop back to denoise 3.2 it works fine, 3.3 is the first version that has failed to work.
Yes the external editor properties setup is the same as the one you provided. I can’t follow the AppData question, since I don’t use lightroom, and I don’t exactly know what goes on “under the hood” for ON1, but as I say it has worked in the past for Gigapixel (still working), Sharpen (still working) and Denoise (working until 3.3 was released).
I will work with you the best I can, as I say I don’t know what goes on under the hood and I am on a deadline for some customer photos.

If you are on a deadline I’d say stick with 3.2 for now. We still need to look into external applications and don’t know why they aren’t working with the new setup. I have a few fixes lined up for 3.3.2 already, but we generally don’t release on Friday unless it’s super safe and urgent since we don’t want to make things worse over the weekend. It also gives us more time to test the fixes and send release candidates to users to confirm the issue is resolved. It’s likely the next patch will be early next week to hopefully address these issues.

Thanks, back on 3.2, and working fine. (Scratch head here). Appreciate the timely feedback and help.

Awesome! Thanks!!

No problem. Also heads up for you, there will in fact be a 3.3.2 today due to a specific issue, but it will not address your issues so I’d recommend not updating when it comes out.

On Mac, installed Denoise 3.3.1. I use C1 20, latest version. When I say “edit in Denoise, C1 makes a tif and Denoise opens. I just can save the result not apply the results and automatically return in C1 with the altered tif

Thank you for the information.

This is a known issue and we are looking into it. It will not be fixed in 3.3.2, but I expect to get a better look at it and potentially a patch by next week.

For now if you need this for your workflow I recommend going back to 3.2.