DeNoise 3.0

So, after some poking around, here is what I found for Topaz Denoise AI on GPU-less machines:

Version 2.3.x (confession: I only tested 2.3.4) will run, but requires Mesa files be placed in the application directory, to use llvmpipe for software rendering. MinGW files work well; it needs libGLESv2.dll, libglapi.dll, and opengl32.dll. For some reason, it does not work unless a second copy of opengl32.dll is in the application directory as opengl32sw.dll. Also, two environment variables MUST be set: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE to 4.2COMPAT, and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE to 420. Running the program throws an “Entry point not found” warning, but after clicking OK, Denoise AI will run fine. It has worked like this for some time (>1 year).

Version 2.4.x (confession: I only tested 2.4.2) now has llvmpipe built in, albeit an old version (5.0). But Denoise AI runs fine without needing MESA files copied into the application directory.

Version 3.0.0 “Legacy” also has llvmpipe built in for the software renderer. It runs fine. But OpenVINO model files and support are removed. (This should be in the change log / notes.)

Version 3.0.0 “Windows 10” appears to be trying to use the DirectX 12 software renderer. But d3d10warp.dll fails to load (loads then immediately unloads according to debug log), and the application exits with no message. There is a C0000005 access violation. A similar problem existed with Topaz Video Enhance AI 1.7.1. This was fixed in Topaz Video Enhance AI 1.8.0.

IMHO if applications support OpenVINO, they shound run on GPU-less machines. Otherwise what is the point of supporting OpenVINO.

Update: The above is wrong. It doesn’t use the DirectX Software Renderer; it still uses OpenGL. Version 3.x “Windows 10” needs Mesa files copied into the application directory, and environment variables set, just like version 2.3.x and earlier does. But it only needs opengl32.dll and libglapi.dll from the MinGW build of Mesa. Full instructions are posted above.

I added a bunch of lens correction stuff back in this release, but as you say it looks like it doesn’t apply. I assume this is also an issue in the preview? If possible can you send an image with this distortion so I can verify lens correction is actually running internally?

DenoiseAI working as a plug-in?

Nothing to do with a plugin, wasn’t even mentioned.

Looking good. One question. I have a single NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in my system, but when I look at the new GPU preferences options it shows two as 

CPU
1: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
2: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
All GPUs

Curious what’s the difference between 1 and 2?

Thanks!

Yes, sometimes I use Topazlabs plugins with Affinity products (Denoise, Sharpen), but cannot use as plus layers, and Mask AI no generate mask layer to AP. :frowning:

Will photo shop plug-in work in Affinity?

Have Photoshop plugin, what can use under Affinity too (see my screenshot above).

@AiDon Affinity and Topaz use same raw libraries.Wondering if Denoise AI would produce the same auto settings as DenoiseAI reading the file directly.

I no tried plugins with RAW.

Add first and second paths to Photoshop plugins, and you get all Topaz plugins to AP, and test it:

You have raw version of file?

I tested now with a DNG:

• open a DNG with AP
  • develop this
  • after develop can use Denoise plugin and you see developed DNG file in Denoise, no original raw

Make sure you have selected 2080ti as ai processor in preferences and have the latest Nvidia studio drivers installed.

There should be none, both should work the same. Can you upload the logs so we can check why it shows two devices. Are you on the latest Nvidia studio drivers?

Follow these instructions here for Mask AI, the mask is returned as a Background Alpha:

1 Like

Drivers are up-to-date. Here are the latest log files.

2021-03-23-01-54-3-Main.tzlog (117.9 KB) 2021-03-23-01-54-3-QML.tzlog (28.6 KB)

Thanks for great tip, but this trick create a mask layer from result, no get mask layer from Mask AI, just recreate. But great tip, thanks!

You will not get any mask except for the background alpha as that is how Affinity places the mask returned to it.

I changed the processor to CPU, it was the only option that worked. Everything is updated on my machine. For info my graphics processor is: NVIDEA Quadro K2100M

That GPU is really really slow.
I did a quick search on Amazon and the first Gaming Pc that was popping up (430€) had a GPU (Geforce 1660) that is 8 times as fast as the K2100M in fp32 and 16 times as fast in fp16 (Denoise can make use of fp16 hardware).

Getting a new system even its a labtop with a smaller GPU like the Gefroce 1660 does really add up.