DeNoise 3.0

I added a note to it to hopefully clear it up.

Adam, the new previews of all modes are terrible. Look what happens to edges. Turning down the “Enhance Sharpness” slider to the lowest possible did not help. Seems to be only in the previews, not in the final saved results. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem after upgrading to v3.0. Besides that, the sharpness enhancement doesn’t seem to be as good as before.

2 Likes

Since I upgraded, DeNoise no longer works with my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER). How do I roll back to the previous version. I can’t find the old version on the Topaz website, is there a link I have’nt found??

2 Likes

Is this for all images? What type of hardware/OS are you on?

You can get links to previous releases in their respective threads: DeNoise AI 2.4.2

You can also take the link for a version and change it to any other version and it should be a valid link.

I’d also recommend trying to update your drivers first to see if your issues are resolved.

1 Like

I am running Windows 10 in 64 bit with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super and the driver version 461.72 DCH. Yes, it happens to all images.

1 Like

@adam.mains Photo Shows Difference Between AI Modes In Cat Picture From TIF.

Raw Camera Photo

Same issue as Imo here on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Windows 10 20H2. DeNoise AI always fails, but AI Clear works OK.
Time to drop back to 2.4.2.

1 Like

@adam.mains DenoiseMode Deems to have noise.

check your GPU driver.

I pulled a few images off of r/OldSchoolCool to test on this new version and something isn’t right… all of the models make the images look extra pixelated. Hot garbage:

https://postimg.cc/qhPM2Km9
https://postimg.cc/8JJzF4bR

Edit: I tried the first with CPU and the second with GPU.

We’re looking into a few cases of this currently, so hopefully can resolve this in a future patch. Do the older models/engine work well on those images for you?

Idk about those specific images but I usually pull images off of that subreddit to test and always see improvement with your previous app versions.

Thanks TPX. I’m on an HP Omen 17, and I have the latest driver from HP: 457.63. I’m always a bit nervous to update hardware drivers on laptops without input from the vendor, but I see that the NVidia web site does list 461.92 on both Game-ready and Studio forms.

@adam.mains @brad.ito Denoise De Saturating And Miss Processing
Notice how Cat is Split.

@adam.mains @brad.ito IMG_3256 this link to the lib.

Unusable !!!
Just like earlier Beta version of Sharpen with the new AI, all I get is

PROCESSING ERROR !

AI Clear works, but DENOISE AI fails every time.

The default All GPUs fails,
so does choosing RTX 2080 Ti
but to my surprise my Quadro M4000 works.

Of course I want to use the far more powerful RTX 2080 Ti
I have had similar problems with next to the newest Sharpen Beta with the new AI engine.

Very frustrating2021-03-23-17-11-52-QML.tzlog|attachment (46.1 KB) 2021-03-23-17-11-52-QML.tzlog (46.1 KB)

May be the Cuda Libs.

The right-click from explorer is treated as a plugin call.

The plugin mode will not overwrite a RAW image but will overwrite a DNG, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG or PNG.

DeNoise AI Ver.3.0.1 seems to be too aggressive. It makes contours blurry, even with minimal values of settings.

Original

Result

Settings:

The result is better in “Low Light” Mode, but it causes color halo’s that look like wide chromatic aberrations.

But it works really faster than previous versions.

PS By the way, everything has been installed and worked properly.

1 Like