DeNoise 3.0

Idk about those specific images but I usually pull images off of that subreddit to test and always see improvement with your previous app versions.

Thanks TPX. I’m on an HP Omen 17, and I have the latest driver from HP: 457.63. I’m always a bit nervous to update hardware drivers on laptops without input from the vendor, but I see that the NVidia web site does list 461.92 on both Game-ready and Studio forms.

@adam.mains @brad.ito Denoise De Saturating And Miss Processing
Notice how Cat is Split.

@adam.mains @brad.ito IMG_3256 this link to the lib.

Unusable !!!
Just like earlier Beta version of Sharpen with the new AI, all I get is

PROCESSING ERROR !

AI Clear works, but DENOISE AI fails every time.

The default All GPUs fails,
so does choosing RTX 2080 Ti
but to my surprise my Quadro M4000 works.

Of course I want to use the far more powerful RTX 2080 Ti
I have had similar problems with next to the newest Sharpen Beta with the new AI engine.

Very frustrating2021-03-23-17-11-52-QML.tzlog|attachment (46.1 KB) 2021-03-23-17-11-52-QML.tzlog (46.1 KB)

May be the Cuda Libs.

The right-click from explorer is treated as a plugin call.

The plugin mode will not overwrite a RAW image but will overwrite a DNG, TIF/TIFF, JPG/JPEG or PNG.

DeNoise AI Ver.3.0.1 seems to be too aggressive. It makes contours blurry, even with minimal values of settings.

Original

Result

Settings:

The result is better in “Low Light” Mode, but it causes color halo’s that look like wide chromatic aberrations.

But it works really faster than previous versions.

PS By the way, everything has been installed and worked properly.

1 Like

I’m having trouble with DNAI v 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 on an Intel Mac Mini, running Catalina with all updates. I’ve opened a ticket with Support, I’m posting here to see if anyone else has seen the issue and might have a fix.

DNAI launches normally. After the launch process concludes, any keyboard (or trackpad) input causes the output frame (split view) to exhibit images that have nothing to do with the input. At the same time, all text in the window is replaced with whiteout blocks. Have done 3X shutdown/restart/reinstall, no change. The prior version worked fine on this machine.

Anybody seen anything like this? Any ideas for troubleshooting? Thanks.

I don’t know what you changed but this version is nearly unusable. Running updated WIndows 10. I’ve tried turning GPU on and off. It takes an average of 15 seconds for the preview to update. If I am in comparison that’s 45 seconds. While the preview update is processing I can’t pan or move another slider.

4 Likes

Very disappointing release. Installed/reinstalled (full install) it twice and still couldn’t make it work. It is hanging on Applying changes. No progress bar. Rolled back to previous release that is also faster on Preview that the 3.0.1. I have CC and HP Spectre

1 Like

The 3.0.1 version produces the same bad edges in the preview as the 3.0.0 version before. :neutral_face:

1 Like

This version 3.01 should never have been out of Beta.

1 Like

Same issue for me too.

Which Intel Mac Mini?

Wich GPU driver do you use. The RTX 2XXX card can’t make use of the driver of the Quadro Card.

But the Quadro can use the RTX / Geforce drivers.

You should use the actual Studio Driver with both.

Nvidia 2080Ti, latest drivers installed, Windows 10 and DeNoise 3.0.1 hanging when applying changes (launching from photoshop). Ended up having to do a system restore to get the old version of DeNoise AI back

I’m very content with the new Version. I use the LowLight model in auto mode 99% of the time (on un-denoised and un-sharpened jpgs developed with Capture One from RAW), and the results look very natural. Faster preview is a big plus as well.

The only downside is low-frequency color noise which the LowLight model doesn’t get rid of very well. A slider solution for this in the post processing section would be great (the existing color noise slider tackles low-frequency color noise which leeds to decolorization of small details).

1 Like

Or you just down load it in the forum.
I think its a bit faster than a system restore.

Quick tip, set C1 color denoise at least at “1”.
And Denoise Detail at “30”.

Thanks a lot! Yes, setting color denoise to 1 makes a big difference. That said, some pictures still suffer from very coarse colour noise. I can live with that, but hopefully this gets tackled in one of the future versions :slight_smile:

1 Like