Creating a Post on this Forum

I can’t post either. I’m baffled as to why a paying customer isn’t allowed to post examples of their work on the forums, especially after being asked to post it by staff.

@garuda @drpeters

Look to where you see replay and along the tool bar in the replay window you will see the up arrow. Click on the up-arrow .

After you pick your files click on Upload

Thanks for prompt reply, but still unable to add a photo to post, regardless of size: from 1080 down to 300.
Error msg: “Sorry, you can’t put images in a post”

Is forum badging requirements 5 posts or 5 threads? I already have 5 posts.

edit: Ricci, I initially was doing the dialog you are suggesting but pics could not inserted into post. I’m a member of over two dozen forums and this one seems the worst. And instructions nor any statistics available on user’s profile. Dialog resembles no other forum. Frustrated.

2 Likes

This “Delete a post” is yet another example of idiotic protocol. Why must it take 24 hours to delete? Obviously cheap, unsophisticated forum software package purchased by Topaz.

And you can’t quote the text of poster you are replying to, by giving it some context regarding the reply content. Moronic. On a voluminous thread, you’d have to back-track thru all the posts to determine the context/subject matter for which the Reply is referring to. Clumsy and time-consuming.

Also, Topaz offers an option to become a “Beta tester.” What does a beta tester do? Where does it describe their purpose, functions, requirements, criteria, benefits, etc… Volunteering as a Beta Tester seems redundant in the case for Topaz, since each product releases contains a significant numbers of flaws reported by numerous user’s of their purchased products, technically everybody is a Beta tester, like it or not. So what’s the significance of the formal title? Disparaging.

Just highlight the text you want to quote and you’ll see a little grey box saying “Quote”.

Thank you Paul. But where does it explain all these not-so-intuitive" procedures? Irritating jumping thru all the hoops. Other forums it’s so simple and obvious.

I don’t want to seem too negative here, where users generously offer their solutions to other posters. But I’m quite irritated by numerous attempts to resolve issues through submitting a Ticket for Tech Support staff. Their answers are non-specific or vague. It took three attempts to get a SIMPLE question answered by Tech Supp simply because the staffer didn’t read the simple question carefully or understand its simple meaning. This seems a recurring situation with Tech Support, so I resort to the forum members for better answers. But now it’s somewhat difficult to navigate the forum it seems with all the reqs, badges, and BS that must be negotiated.

I’ve always preferred forums because historically it seems that the customers on forum are more intelligent, knowledgeable, and insightful than the staff of the company that sells the products — seemingly for most all companies. Sadly.

Maybe you guys could get different/normal forum software? This user interface is designed to torture users rather than facilitate communication. Even though I received an automated message telling me I can post, I still can’t post. But at least I see the grayed out button to do so now. This is twice that I’ve tried to show what I’ve been doing, at the suggestion of the Topaz help desk, but it has been nothing but frustration and huge waste of time.

In which category are you seeing the greyed out button?

In the Show-Off spot. I see the New Topic button but my mouse cursor becomes a circle-slash icon, saying NO and I can’t click the button.

That’s because you’re in the top level of Show-Off Spot - none of us can post in there. You need to navigate to one of the sub-categories e.g. Keeping it Natural.

1 Like

Yeah there’s something up with this forum. I joined when I first purchased VEAI but never posted. Have had an irritating issue with it that doesn’t seem to have gotten fixed in 2.3 and wanted to post about it. At first I couldn’t post anything. Then mysteriously I “earned basic” now I can post here but I have a greyed out box with a circle-slash trying to post in the VEAI forum. They’re obviously trying to limit certain postings that would make products look bad.

2 Likes

O.k., I can reply to this topic. Good. I’m a new user with a question about the workflow but I can’t post in the Video Enhance forum or any other. I read that if I reply to this topic I’ll then be able to post. Sorry for spamming your post.

Worst forum design I’ve ever seen… not allowing people who’ve purchased the program to post on the forum for assistance without some arbitrary waiting period…

Hi,
I’m unable to post in Video Enhance AI Discussion forum. I only see +Open Draft which is grayed out. But it seems I’m able to create new topics for any other Topaz forums. Please help.

There’s something different about that particular category but I don’t know why. Just post in Topaz Products and one of the mods will move it to the correct category for you.

Same problem
How can I ask a technical question about a product

the new post box is greyed out in the thread i want to post in, so i’m posting here so the the absolutely horrible anti-spam measure you use (which isn’t actually preventing spam) will let me eventually create a post in the appropriate place.

Firstly there is no “Box” but a plus sign:

If you want a post raised try General if you cannot raise it in the sub-forum you want and it will be moved to the correct sub-forum.

really Don? there’s no box? i can’t post an image but what would you call this right here? https://i.imgur.com/eEJVvxG.png