Creating a Post on this Forum

Apologies; I only read the first half of your post…

I’m very sorry to hijack a thread with my first post.

How does one go about starting a new thread on this forum? I can see no way to do so. I’ve looked at a moderator’s profile and see no way to send a private message.

I have questions about a couple of the products I’m trialing but can find no way to post them.

Thank you.

Just search for a correct thread, all you need is in this one. Press the + at the bottom the side of the category you are in.

For private message right-click on a person’s icon and select message or create a message and add their name using a @ at the start of the entry for their forum name.

Nope. No + sign. Apparently because I’m a new user.

How long does one need to wait to be granted permissions to post topics?

You are a basic user so you can create a topic but not upload. The screen should look like this …

And no need for abuse or sarcasm just because you don’t know how to use the forum.

If not, what browser are you using?

I’m not able to create a new topic in the Video Enhance AI Discussion forum. The button is greyed out. I would post a cropped screen capture but the forum software won’t let me. I can create new topics elsewhere (button is not greyed out).

+1 for me. What criteria are there? I signed up on 21 Dec 20 and I still have no blue button or Plus button. I have bought 4 products, Surely this allows my account bona fides!

It would at least be nice to let people know what is happening and why, and when to expect an “upgrade”

Nick

Wup! Suddenly I just got basic rating.

Can someone please grant me access to make a topic

Seems odd that I registered an account and used it to purchase a license, but I cannot start a new topic? My account was valid enough to take my money. Seems like anyone who actually purchases a product should automatically be given access to start new topics. I really doubt spammers are going to spend hundreds of dollars to spam a forum.

I’m having the same problem. I registered an account to download a trial several days ago and then used the same account to log into the forums. I have a question about VEAI so would like to be able to post a new thread but do not see any button or way to do that (Chrome, Desktop, Mac). How do I get my account out of basic mode?

Part of the process here is to protect against spam, just raise a post in the Topaz Products category and one of the moderators will move it for you.

Same issue for me as others - have been a registered owner of Sharpen AI for months, but only visited the forum just now for assistance and do not have a + or New Topic button. What is the criteria for it to appear? I understand it is an ant-spam measure, but would be very helpful to have something spelled out somewhere as to what one needs to do to allow posting.

1 Like

Aha - apparently scrolling through this thread and replying to it granted me “Basic” access which now lets the New Topic option appear.

Can new users reply others topics? I think this should be enabled for all registered users, wanna contribute describing on some issues other people have

Edit: Apparently you need to send a sort of welcome message to some forum categories (like this one) after that you receive 2 notifications and be able to reply other topics

Hi, I’ve been trying to figure out how to make a post as well… I’ve been a Topaz customer for more than half a year so it’s pretty surprising that we can’t create a post yet.

new user trying to add a new post

What’s the point of a user help forum if a new user cannot ask a question upon registering as a new user? If I hadn’t found this thread, I still would not be able to post a new topic.

I wish they’d make a prominent and pinned thread explaining that you need to reply to an old post before you can post a new topic. And even then, I still can’t attach images (I can only assume due to my n00b status).

How do you add a photo to a post?