Cannot select any AI other then Prob4 in Interlace mode on more then 1 video

Bug Report

There is a Bug since v4.1.0,
If you select number of videos and set Interlace and set an AI other then Prob4 (e.g. select Interlaced → Dione TV), the upscaling settings would reset themselves back again to the default Proteus 4 when you actually look at each video upscaling settings.

Another form of this bug, if you load 2 or more videos and stand on one of the videos and set Interlaced → Dione TV (for example), then you go to the next video on the list (let’s say to set it’s settings) and go back to the previous video where you just set Dione TV a second ago, you will see it was reset back to the default of Proteus v4 for deinterlace.
it is not only limited to Dione TV, I noticed the same happens if you set Iris, etc.

For some reason any settings for deinterlace that is not Prob4, won’t stick.

The problem is not only a UI Issue, but also productivity issue. If you export the batch after you set you AI for your batch (other then Prob4), only the 1st video would export at the AI you selected for the batch, but the rest would export as Prob4.
This makes the batch processing useless as one and only the 1st file will be exported with the correct settings and the others will be exported as Proteus.

1 Like

I can confirm this bug is happening to me as well.

2 Likes

Is there any update on that one? this one is really a big one as it seriously disrupts the workflow when you have batch of interlaced videos to process. you basically can’t use deinterlace mode with more then one video…
It is very easy and simple to reproduce this bug…

1 Like

The dev team is still working on this issue at the moment and working to have it fixed for the next release version.

2 Likes

they did not fix it in the next release…they did not even include it in the Beta…
please escalate this again…

I will push it back to the team for review.

2 Likes

any update?

still working on the issue, it did not make it in the new beta release as far as I am aware.

1 Like

the new beta you mean the one that is yet to be released or the previous one from 2 weeks ago?

1 Like

I have the same issue… please FIX IT soon as possible!

1 Like

There was a new beta released on Feb 21. v4.2.0.0.b

yeah but they did not address the issue.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We’ve made some changes to the batch processing logic in Video AI’s latest beta release. Here’s a link to download:

4.2.1.0.b

1 Like

I downloaded it and tried it out, but unfortunately, I’m still running into the problem where I select Dione DV and it flips back when I select another video and go back. See screenshots on this report.
Thanks
Dean.

1 Like

Same here, it was not fixed. the issue still persists. you can’t use batch process with Interlaced or progressive-interlace. no matter what you select only the 1st video would be rendered as you selected, the rest would be rendered as Prob4, ignoring your selection.

3 Likes

I just tried the latest 4.2.1 release as in the release notes it did say the following.

• Fixed batch processing issues with interlaced/mixed FPS inputs

However, I’m still running into the same issue that it keeps flipping back to Proteus from Dione DV. I haven’t used Topaz Video for weeks as I don’t trust the settings.

2 Likes

@tony.topazlabs
Confirmed, not fixed

2 Likes

Yes, confirmed. I have resorted to manually stoking the fire - I have to load one input, set the parameters for that, hit Export, then immediately load the next one, set the parameters for that, hit Export, etc. It is a compromise and slower and more cumbersome and not true batch processing - just semi automated sequential processing. But at least it lets me load up multiple files and go away from it for 24 hours. I only mention this incase some people need to get through a workload right now and cannot afford further waiting for a proper fix.

1 Like