Windows crash apparently caused by Photo AI (called from Adobe LrC)

[Please describe your issue here. Try to include logs (Help → Logging) and add screenshots if necessary.]

From LrC, performed “Edit in > Topaz Photo AI” and, during the DeNoise phase on the initial import, there was an attempted write to read-only memory.

Note: My computer has 48GB of RAM and a similar amount of swap space, so memory should not have been a problem.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. From Adobe LrC, “Edit In” Photo AI (file in LrC is a Nikon raw NEF file, sent to Topaz as a TIF file)
  2. Wait for Topaz to automatically do its stuff
  3. During the automatic DeNoise process, Windows threw a BSOD. Screen shots attached.

Topaz Photo AI v2.4.2 on Windows 10, release info attached in image below…
2024-04-17-09-24-48.tzlog (224.7 KB)
2024-04-17-09-34-45.tzlog (21.9 KB)

Windows Version on 17 April 2024

Please send me your full system profile information so I can check if your computer hardware is up to date.

You can securely submit your files(s) to my Dropbox using the link below.

Please be sure to send me a note here to let me know you sent something.

John,

Here you go.

I just applied the latest Photo AI update and have not had that problem.

It’s now version 3.0. I’m guessing that memory addressing issue has been resolved in this update.

Steve

DxDiag 2024-04-17.txt (103 KB)

I’m glad to hear that v3.0.0 is working for you :slight_smile:

Thanks for sending in that system profile information, I have been able to review that info and just for best practices I would like to try and see if updating your GPU driver will make the application more stable.

Please use the following link to update your driver: NVIDIA | Driver Update

John,

I just updated the driver in the last 3 days. So I have the latest releases of both Photo AI and the driver.

PS: I have Driver Update and I’m thinking of canceling that subscription, as it isn’t detecting a number of out-of-date drivers, especially for my Canon printer (the version I have is later than the “detected” version on my computer).

PPS: I preferred the UI in the last version of Photo AI.

Steve