When I attempt to open lighting adjustment, the plugin crashes

Using a photoshop plugin PhotoAI with Mac Book Pro M3 Max, when I attempt to apply lighting adjust, the plugin crashes. Using PhotoAI 2.4.1 on Sonoma 14.4

Let’s try updating you to the most recent version release to see if this resolves the issue.

Please make sure you’ve also turned off any firewall, VPN, or proxy that may be on your computer. These are known to block the installation. Also, make sure there are no settings or configurations in your OS system that could interfere.

Try using the appropriate OS system link to update:

If you are still experiencing problems, please reach out to us at the following link:

Topaz Labs | Support Page

I have the exact same problem and on the most recent release 2.4.2 (2.4.1 also crashes). Also M3 and Sonoma.

Worth to mention that I do have a corp firewall that for some reason blocks TopazLabs—however the installation of Topaz Photo API was done prior to the firewall activation, so it installed just fine, models are installed and I have compared them with a different computer where it’s installed, the files are identical. So unless Photo AI has a runtime need to reach out to TopazLabs websites, things should work.

Please help!

Please follow the instructions below to perform a clean install to better troubleshoot why you had this problem with Topaz Photo AI:

Start by clearing any previous plist files that are on your computer for Topaz Photo AI by following the steps in the link below:

Topaz Photo AI | plist Files Mac

After you have done this, disable any antivirus, firewall, VPN, or proxy software that might be active on your computer. These tools are sometimes known to interfere with the installer’s ability to download the model files.

Please also ensure that the Topaz Photo AI installer has all the proper settings in your system by going to your Mac System Settings > Privacy & Security tab and scrolling down to the security section. You will want to make sure you have 'App Store and identified developers ’ selected. Here is a video example:

Example of Proper System Preferences

Finally, rerun the installer. You can download a new installer from the downloads page directly :

Topaz Labs Download Page

Let me know how that goes for you and I’ll keep an eye out for your reply.