What is the fastest GPU for Topaz video enhance AI?

I do not understand that the image resolutions are not specified.

This is also crucial for gaming.

i’ve seen that the load is much lower on my intel and nvidia system.

But the performance was the same as with the TR 3960X & W6800.

7820X & RTX 5000

Maybe AVX 512 is used and of course the Tensor cores.

I did write the performance numbers into the google sheet of the intel system.

https://community.topazlabs.com/t/what-does-veai-performance-look-like-between-amd-nvidia/18581?u=tpx

Update: I did miss that the rtx 3090 is just 8% faster in Gaia than rtx 3070ti, but i don’t see a cpu bottleneck ether.

Hi,

It doesn’t look like this was answered. What is really the best GPU for Topaz Video AI? Would a V100 or H100 perform a lot better than a 4090? I know the price is very high but one could get a VM and pay only when using it. Has anybody tried this? I would really like much higher performance and am willing to pay for it, but don’t want to do that unless I know it would make a meaningful difference.

Like is it a Threadripper 7995wx paired with dual or quad H100’s? (Again, not sure I can get THAT, but asking because I can get something.) I just want to know if Topaz AI benefits from these in a meaningful way.

Thanks.

Good question. I think with an Intel 13th or 14th generation CPU and an RTX 4090 you will get a lot of computing power. The only disadvantages are the price of maybe 4000 EU for the whole PC and that Video AI seems not to perform according to the specs of the GPU yet for an unknown reason.

It’s not just GPU speed. The models have to be optimized by GPU. Topaz has optimized for NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon, but Intel ARCs still don’t seem to work well with the app. And Topaz hasn’t said anything about whether their apps will even recognize AI-specific chips.

If you try this i realy want to know the performance of a single V100 and H100. :smiley:

So you are also looking for a faster GPU? I could give you temporary access to my PC to test Topaz products on this machine maybe via Teamviewer if you like. We might ask Topaz for permission before; not sure if this a valid option in the current license. :slight_smile:

That’s fine, thanks, doesn’t have to be.

I would be more interested in the two Pro products, an H100 theoretically comes out at 3x 4090.

I’d say first step is ask Topaz whether TVAI works with the processor.

As far as i know it will work with cli only.

BC when using the ui, the build in GPU with display out will compute the preview (maybe maybe not).

Maybe we ask @suraj if a V or H100 in a VM will work with TVAI and how.

My TVAI PC has two GPUs. One drives the displays and audio. The other is the one TVAI is set to use as its “AI processor,” and doesn’t have anything connected to it. The GPU the monitors are connected to is the one running the UI and feeding the previews to the displays.

This is the same setup you’d have with a non-GPU accelerator card. The difference is that NVIDIA’s drivers for accelerator cards are called “datacenter drivers” and not “graphics drivers.” So the question is, if you install an accelerator card with a “datacenter driver,” will TVAI be able to recognize it and use it as its “AI processor?”

AMD Instinct cards would be in the same boat. Their drivers are called “server accelerator drivers.”

1 Like