Videos Shaking From Frame Interpolation

This has been happening for awhile now and I was hoping it’d just be patched out but so far no luck.

Whenever I use the frame interpolation (often set to normal chronos) to slow down a video for slow motion (often 16x) the exported video vibrates while it plays. It’s hard to explain.

It’s not my player, as it’s within the frame interpolation itself. As I’ve used multiple players and even gone frame by frame and seen the vibration. It’s like the AI spasms for 3 or 4 frames during interpolation.

It’s a jarring and constant jerk. Up and down. Jerkingly about every half second or so.

Does anyone have any insight into/on this?

Started about 3 or 4 updates back, iirc.

1 Like

So after fiddling around, I found out what was causing it, kind of. Basically selecting Chronos instead of Chronos Fast was doing it. Why, I have no clue but that’s what was the cause. Setting it to Chrono’s fast resolved the issue.

That’s rough because, from what I have tested, on its own Chronos Fast has the most noticeable artifacts.

Hey @Gravy

This is a known issue with Chronos, you may also want to try Apollo.

We’re also working on a new frame interpolation model to address some of these issues.