Video Enhance v2.6.4

To clarify… I think the new version is dropping frames on long videos. It’s about 1 second and a half by the end of my movie. I had to set the audio back -1250 ms to sync up the video with the audio which means it’s the video that is shorter - which means frames are being dropped. Not sure if this is the case with all models. I’ve only tested Artemis Medium 12 and 13. I’m also exporting as .mov files.

I am having audio sync issues with 2.6 on mac mini… i have tried remuxing the audio several times… and changing the a/v sync on my 4k player… nothing works… is this a known bug? something being worked on?
some have mentioned going back to 2.4 but i dont see an option of downloading older versions on the site

what are you using to merge/alter the audio?

Windows 10 pro 21H1 build:19043.1348
VEAI v2.6.0

While upscaling total 3 works at same time, windows showed insufficient disk maessage.
And I made free space with delteing some files at once.

It was OK at that time( about 3:40 PM), but at the end of the total 3 tasks(about 97percent) all works showed error message( after 3 hours ).

So I opend the property of errored output file. It shows the last modified time 3:40 PM.

I hope TEVAI would stop at this situation and TopazLab woul help me not to waste time at this situation.

rx6900xt Adrenalin 21.10.2 driver

Here you go.

(Video Enhance v2.4.0)

I’m on pc and using MKVToolNix GUI.

Here are my logs from VEAI 2.6.0

What happens is I load my videos, it downloads the models, but it crashes before it starts processing.

My setup is Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz with 16GB of RAM running 64-bit Windows Professional Build 21H1.

VEAI 2.6 Crash Logs

Here’s my System Profile:

I am having a issue with batch processing of HEVC 4K 29.97fps files to ProRes where the codec timebase of the first exported file is too high as reported by ffprobe. In particular, tbn and tbc is reported to be 15712911.00.

I am processing 10 bit HLG HEVC files, and am disappointed that the values of color_primaries (bt2020), color_trc (arib-std-b67) and colorspace (bt2020nc) from the yuv422p10le pixel format are not exported, which forces an additional step to encode to put them back in. Just a suggestion for the future… please let these ride along from the original file, it would make things so much simpler.

And one more comment. Chronos processing on 10 bit data does not appear to be 10 bit… (judging by the banding and the mangling of the colors).

i don’t know since how many times you own or maybe use the trial of the 2.6.0, but i’m afraid that the files you use are not supported yet or not supported well. the video engine IO of VEAI will be completly redone soon and will support much more stuff, but from the list you give here, i’m really not sure, that it can do, (for now) what you ask. best is to maybe write to support or wait of a possible answer (he’s very busy lol) from the dev.

I own a copy. I understand the files are not supported, but I can tell that Topaz is using the ffmpeg encoder (Lavf58.20.100), and it actually does a good job with the data (with Artemis), I simply have to use ffmpeg to put the metadata back in that was stripped out. I don’t think it would be a huge task to simply keep the same color space metadata and write it out. (For example, employ ffprobe to capture the info that’s in the input stream and then add them back in while encoding the output stream).

let’s hope the dev will see your message here. or use the “request” feature inside VEAI. they actually work very hard on the software.

I have usually added extra sharpness to the video before or after running it through VEAI.

Sometimes I use Neat Video first as well to remove some noise artifacts that VEAI just makes worse.

1 Like

Video Enhance v2.6.1
First impression.
When running the installer not on behalf of the administrator, the installer shows a message
about the inability to create the folder “imageformats” in the directory:
“C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI”.
After restarting the installer on behalf of the administrator, the folder is created,
but a new message appears about the inability to create the “models” folder in the directory “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI”.
After creating a folder with the same name manually, and restarting the installer, the installation completes successfully, but the program shortcut on the desktop and in “Programs” turns out to be damaged.
It has a white color without an icon, because it has an incorrect link to the startup file.
After fixing the shortcut manually, VEAI 2.6.1 starts without problems.

Added:
However, the “models” folder created in the directory “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Topaz Video Enhance AI” for some reason does not use by VEAI 2.6.1. VEAI 2.6.1 automatically connects models from the folder “C:\Users\abcde\AppData\Roaming\Topaz Labs LLC\Video Enhance AI”, created by the previous version VEAI 2.4

I have Windows 10 21H1 with the latest updates.

Downloaded and installed v2.6.1 without a problem (Windows 10) and it seems to run OK except I have the usual problem - on first run after install I get the “file not found or unable to write file” error message. Change to a different output folder and it works, then changing back to the original folder works too.

1 Like

Ah. You’re right. I forgot about this feature of the entire Topaz family of programs.
But I couldn’t even install the program, much less run it.

Never had that with VEAI or any of the other Topaz programs. I wonder what the trigger is.