Video Enhance v2.4.0

• Processing time appears to be doubled compared to the real time.
    1080p => 4K needs only 4 hours in real time, but VEAI shows 8 hours.

• ProRes 4444 XQ (slow) chosen, but the output video is still ProRes 422 HQ.

1 Like

Good day - Most of my models dissapeared - Theia - Artemis V1 etc ?? How to fix it? Thanks

On ā€œFile ā†’ Manage Modelsā€ you can select your favourite models to download and unselect to delete the models that you donā€™t want.

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just started an AI models download, and itā€™s frozen at around 25%ā€¦

2 Likes

Most of freeze during download i experienced them during the beta, not yet on the final release but this afternoon, i had many crashs ā€¦ and batch import was not working sometimes during the processing/rendering, with the message ā€œone or xx videosā€ not appearing.
Iā€™ll have to check that again after doing a reboot of the computer but anybody got this ?

It starts downloading, then after less than 350Mb it stops progressing. I got tired of waiting and exited the program after waiting a long time for it to show any progress. I was downloading all of the models.

2 Likes

I had the same problem. The upgrade asked me to log in, unlike with other updates. I did and the BUY message went away, but after I ran some of the tutorials it lost my purchase authentication and asked me to BUY, so I had to login again.

Yeah, thatā€™s exactly what happened here. Like you, I quit and restarted the app and can now use it. It makes me think that maybe itā€™s just the download display that gets frozen, and not the actual download and install of the models themselves.

Processed output video is brighter than input in VEAI 2.4.0. It doesnā€™t matter what output format is selected. You can see the increased brightness when rendering a preview as well. VEAI 2.3.0 doesnā€™t have this issue.

Topaz Video Enhance AI CRASH with 3080 TI Founders Edition.
I was trying to run Artemis LQ v10, v12, on few wersions and all crash with this message:

ā€œUnable to run selected model. If this error persists try lowering your VRAM usage in the preferences.ā€

BTW i did use Low, Med and High vram and no change. When i play games like Gears 5 that uses 11GB VRAM i dont have any chashing. No game has crashed so why this software is unable to run on 3080ti FE ?

I found some topic that 3080 had problems too. heres the link

UPDATE
I installed NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER 462.65 and so far 1100 frames done without crashing

why VEAI crash and not your games ? lolā€¦ because VEAI is not a game and this is a different software and work differently lol !

Anyway, the beta of 2.4.0 was not crashing (for must of us anyway, i donā€™t know if some had crashes), so certainly one of the dev will come here soon to investigate this issue as several of us are reporting different crash here and there.

i was trying to lower gpu and Memory clock but 3080ti FE still crashing. I have second GPU 1080TI and that one doesnt crash but it takes twice longer for it to do a frame.
Also compressing Video projects doenst crash

I found some topic that 3000 series had problems too. heres the link

UPDATE1
I installed NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER 462.65 and so far 1100 frames done without crashing

UPDATE2
471.41-NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER doesnt crash the process and see Both GPUS

yes, there is an issue somewhere certainly. sometimes, i get a blank screen (graphic issue) while doing processing yesterday and sometimes, no issue.

were you using your 3080ti with the 2.3.0 and had no crash before ?

i have checked v1.9, v2.1 and v2.4. all are crashing but i updated
to NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER 462.65 and so far 1300 frames done without crashing

ahh so your issue is maybe not related to VEAI ! more like a driver issue. did you put back your RTX to see if the crash happen with the studio driver too ?

i have 2 gpus in system. 3080ti and 1080ti but with Studio Drivers 1080ti is not detected. With normal Driver both cards can be seen

I see. So crashing only happens with people who use 2 different GPUs or 2 different generation of GPUs. Last time was a guy with 3090 and 2080Ti in the same system, now 3080Ti and 1080Ti. Remove 1 card and reinstall the drivers might solve the problem.

i have 750ti + intel HD graphics 630 so you seems youā€™re right. it didnā€™ crashed during the betaā€¦ weird

Why with v2.4.0 I dont see Old Artemis LQ v10 ? Each updae u do make your sotfs worse and less intuitive
Version 2.1.1 is the best so far

1 Like