Video Enhance v2.4.0

471.41-NVIDIA STUDIO DRIVER doesnt crash the process and see Both GPUS. Thats the fix for me

I see the same thing when doing a preview, the output is brighter. I haven’t verified if the actual, final rendered file is also brighter.

I verified it’s in the final output. I’ve been using Tweak in AviSynth to bring the brightness back down before final compression. If anyone else is familiar with AviSynth and the Tweak plugin you can set brightness to -3 to compensate in the meantime.

is it any update on render speed

Proteus v2 definitely better than before. May be able to replace Gaia-HQ v5.

2 Likes

I don’t see that.

It is like that since v2.0.0. I asked Topaz to fix it. It seems that every single model will always increase the brightness around 10% depends on each scene. But the output is always brighter, it’s like the gamma increased while upscaling, or might be something related to color space.

2 Likes

I also see a slight increase in brightness or contrast but what think might be happening is due to sharpening. Many sharpening algorithms will change the brightness(luminance) of a pixel at a transition boundary based on differences in pixel values of a group of pixels. Thresholds values are used to control when this happens. So if pixel A has a value of 125 and B has the same value the algorithm might think that the 2 pixels represent a continuation of the scene and not make an adjustment. If A though is say 200 and B is 100 than the algorithm might change the 2 pixels and make the value of A say 225 and B 75. That would lead to sharper transition. Get enough pixels with that degree of transition and the overall brightness or contrast has now changed.

Just my thought on what we might be seeing.

1 Like

Yea, I thought so. But then, I remember 5 months ago when I first used VEAI, I didn’t have that issue, until v2.0.0 and after. Topaz staff said it was color space issue in the preview, the final output will be okay. But it might not be true when the final output is not as same as the color of the input. Color shifting is what I really hate the most when using VEAI.

Me neither. I haven’t experimented with any version, no change in brightness or color.

I see the brightness change but only very slight amount and not all scenes in a video. That’s why I think it might be a possible sharpness effect. The easiest way to see it is to set the View to Single View and uncheck original. Now when looking at the video in VEAI hold the mouse button down for the original and release for the processed. This is the method where I can see it. Again it’s very slight for my videos and as such I don’t notice it otherwise. That’s not to say it isn’t there in the final output because I have overlayed original frames with output frames and seen the change, it’s just not enough to bother me.

Did you use MKV or MP4 input?

The models do not show up in 2.4.0, only a few randomly. Sometimes only one or two.

AVI, MP4 and MKV. All seem to react the same.

Press Ctrl + .

Or

Command + .

Sometimes I have jerky playback/slow motion (as somebody said) on MKV. Converted to MP4 using avidemux fixed the issue. The color is more accurate on MP4 than MKV for some reason. Of course, same input, but different containers.

Can’t say that I had that problem.

VEAi 2.40 is Extremely Slow Loading up taking about 1 minute. I had the same problem with the prior 2.3 version. I had sent the requested information but I don’t remember getting any feedback about it. All other Topaz Ai programs load at normal fast speeds.

Anyone else have this problem ?

HP Z-840 72Gb RAM w nVidia RX-2080 Ti, Quadro M4000

Dan Tong,
This may be a bug given the repetition indicates a programming error, rather than a so-called end user error. Good luck with correcting the irritation. PS

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s definitely worse in this version, at least on my system. I noticed it right away.

1 Like