Video Enhance v2.4.0

I’m not posting this to defend them, but why do you have to process the whole thing again to fix the audio? Put the processed video and original audio into the same container with a tool like mkvtoolnix.

2 Likes

why? do you have the time?

2 Likes

it’s not easy to make the job well? It’s like you want to post on instagram and you must to cut the pict to fit the 1:1 … don’t understand …

I’m working on a folder with 195 videos… if you want to help me to change the audios…awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks for the new tool suggestion, it’s a great alternative for the time being, as it will work well with single, but not for multi-video jobs…

I must stress, however, that I am not pressuring for or rushing for anything as the Devs have their priorities for the feature/bug-squashing updates already set!

1 Like

As far as I know it has a CLI. If you’re using standardised file names I assume a script would be possible.

Also your posted replies come across as aggressive / rhetorical / sarcastic. Unclear why you’d intend to do that. I apologies if I offended. My post was to provide a workaround you/others may not have been aware of.

2 Likes

Mkvtoolnix is great (I use it all the time) but you might not always want to output to MKV. For situations where you want something else (MP4, AVI, VOB, MOV etc.), I find MediaCoder to be a good option.

2 Likes

I agree with you regarding the lack of proper audio support. I have mentioned it myself back in 2020 but at this point I think they are more worried with every other aspect of video optimization (which has come a very very long way esp. in 2021) and functionality. I do believe proper audio support is forthcoming I just wish they would give a timeline. If I missed it, my bad Devs been afk.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, I always use Virtualdub2 for deshaking, (Avi w/Huff lossless) VEAI for upscaling (Mp4 0/lossless) and Chronos for clips that I don’t mind not having sound to like my turntable animations, but for vids with sound, I use Flowframes (Avi Huff/Lossless) though I have noticed that they have artifacts, less than the old optical flow method but more than Chronos!

I then run all completed vids into my storage format (Q10 MP4 or MOV both w/gop 1:1) using either Avidemux or SVP4 PRO… But I may just cut out FlowFrames for my frame-rate/sound adjustments save for when I want to de-duplicate a video from those crappy 25x25/30x30 50/60fps vids! :confounded:

Just downloaded mediacoder, I haven’t seen or heard of that prog in a long time, well, ever since we/they used to use the term “prog/proggies” instead of “app” like they do now!

I’m just anxious to try out a brand spanking new beta! :grin:

I can’t find it in any official Topaz changelogs, but Dione-DV/TV no longer seem to suffer from the ghosting bug. I’m guessing the models were silently updated to no fanfare. There was also a bug in Proteus where if I set the AA/Dehalo slider all the way to the AA side, it would generate pulsing artefacts. That bug has also silently been fixed in the past couple of weeks.

1 Like

The more you convince them to work on audio, the less will be done toward getting the product to do what it is intended to do, upscale video.

6 Likes

Really? That’s pretty interesting. I wish there was a change list of every change they have made to the models, it would be easier for us

I find that flickering depends on the model used. For example Dione and Gaia-HQ tend to flicker more than other models. Dione, due to deinterlacing artifacts and Gaia-HQ, due to certain type of grain present in the source video.

I hope you are right, that would be awesome!

I don’t remember the devs ever admitting that those issues were bugs. So, a silent fix kind of makes sense.

Doesn’t that just make a renamed copy of v1?

1 Like

No, it is not

Has anyone installed the Nvidia 472.12 studio driver released today, and if so are there any improvements or issues?

No improvements and no issues here
RTX 3090

Hm, was hoping for some minor improvements but that said, I’m glad there aren’t any issues!