Video Enhance v2.4.0

Regardless, the point being that the model downloads-per-job was never enabled by default… but ultimately it doesn’t matter anyway as it is a totally optional feature, and you could just download the lot in one go!

For those glossing over the audio issues it is a legitimate concern for people to want to be able take care of their video restoration under one product, and an excellent product I might add…

If you want the program to get better, you need to point out the flaws as well as praise the features, otherwise you’re actively enabling the program to degrade in quality, it is always better to help with flaws in the program in order to get fixed, as well as for features to become implemented into the program.

Isn’t that the main purpose for being a beta tester in the first place?

It is entirely possible to kill two cockroaches with one boot you can fix the audio issue as well as produce better models for the program!

2 Likes

Very logical. It makes progress slow/difficult if people keep doing the whole misplaced ‘white knight’ thing.

1 Like

I mean, the tech is there, just look at FlowFrames, they’re the next competitor in the AI video production space, and they can produce multi-framerates while carrying over the audio, why send people over to them when Chronos does a great job at AI upscaling/restoration, while there have been hiccups with Chronos, they have less shimmering artifacts than FlowFrames!

Even though I like the fact that there is competition and many hats in the ring as that keeps everyone on their toes to improve the tech, I’m invested in this program both financially and with my time, so I want to see it surpass the others with its AI functionality!

4 Likes

I fully agree with you!

VEAI has still a long way to go to deliver what justifies the price for the product.

Software without AI (like Magix Video or Pinnacle which I’m used to work with) deliver complete Video/Audio manipulation, and deinterlacing/upscaling/framerate change much faster and in good and clear output quality up to 4k.
AI works excellent for individual photos, but for a sequence of ten thousend and more frames it’s an overkill with only marginal improvement in video quality.

Well, I bought VEAI and will exploit it, but I’m not prepared to pay for future releases.

2 Likes

To tell such a thing, you need to have concurrence, a software made by an another company, doing the same, and having a price. but there is actually no concurrence at all on the “market” to VEAI.
There was a 4K upscalling plugin in the Red Giant Suite, but it’s not available anymore, and when you see the price of how much these plugins cost (plugins, not software so you need to buy the software which host it with it), I don’t see how you can justify such a comment like “what justify the price”.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people here, including myself totally disagree with you. I don’t know what you expect from this software, it seems people all want a swiss knife doing everything, including cofee and make the food as well…

This is totally wrong, false, and completly untrue (I’m a Sony / Magix Vegas Pro user since more than ten years (actually on Vegas Pro 19 + Full Red Giant Complete suite + Fxhome Ignite Pro)

4 Likes

$300 p/a is hobby price. The video side of the product’s quality, while not perfect, is class leading.

2 Likes

When can we get the PAUSE button? Example: I want to continue with the calculations but don’t want the computer to work over night (Heat & Noise) and I have a few hours more and don’t want to cut or setup things again. I don’t know if the sleep mode form the OS would do that …

4 Likes

v2.4.0 crashes when I hit preview or start. edit: beta is doing it now too. Not sure why but it didn’t crash earlier.

Edit: I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled. Tried topaz ai with those settings with a different file and the preview worked. Then I loaded in one of the sample files I listed below and the app just crashes without warning. Could someone there try my sample file with the settings shown and message me when there is an update? Thanks.

edit: the bug has something to do with the way the pixel aspect ratio for PAL DV pixels is calculated. Because I took this video in handbrake and converted it to an mp4. and when I brought it back in it correctly cropped at 1440x1080 and then it didn’t crash. So the 1500x1080 I think is out of bounds somehow, even though the white cropping frame at 1440 and the .mov PAL file would crop off content.

edit: yep - I can process the original mov and it won’t crash if i set the output to 1448 x 1080 but at 1500 x 1080 it will crash and give no warnings nor errors. Note that setting the output to 1448x1080 so it won’t crash is not a good work around as I am cropping content that I’d rather not lose!

Dione DV / Bottom First
video: 576x720 PAL DV → 1500 x 1080 (scale 190%)
grain off
mov prores 4444xxq slow (but this doesn’t matter if I can it to reg. prores - still crashes)

here’s a link to two very short test file: (1.9 MB and 9+ MB):

Steller job folks!

I just sent you a request, your files are not publically shared (but i’ll only be able to test few frames, hope it’s enough to make it crash).

Since there are quite a lot of problems that have not yet been solved, the opposite suggestions from users will come constantly.
Developers of course have their own priority plan for solving problems.
It would be good if the developers at least briefly announced this plan not only for beta testers, but also for ordinary users in the general forum.
I think in this case, the number of messages from the particularly impatient decreased, and users felt more confident.

In addition, keep in mind that developers, in addition to improving and debugging their programs, are forced to monitor the changes that such bulky giants as Nvidia, Microsoft, Apple and AMD are constantly making to their programs, as well as coordinate the support of their programs by these companies.

3 Likes

Yep, I’m not so impatient as to pressure the devs into anything, just suggesting the flaws with the program so that they can get addressed, until then I have plenty of videos to encode! :grin:

1 Like

They are all aware of all these. the only stuff they can’t know are the bugs about what they are implementing in their releases, because they can’t tell all the possibilities.

but the audio issue, the models request, the blabla thing the blabal that, someone want this, the other want that, etc. they are all aware of all this. and the most important ones are already on their to do list, or they are already working on it, or not implanted yet (or will not be implanted) due to technical or other issue. etc…

Which is why I’m not in a rush for them to implement the features, it’s always bugs as the first priority then, the features, I would love to crack open a new beta to squash some more bugs though! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

in regards of the time spent since the last release and that the new version of gigapixel has been released (part of the VEAI team is the same one for gigapixel from what i know), i’m pretty sure that a new beta will arrive very soon ;).

1 Like

Cool!
I’m also going to get Gigapixel once it goes on sale again, so hopefully, I can beta test for that too!

Please stop spamming the forum with the same question over and over again. The answer will always be the same - it will be released when it’s ready. This is your final warning.

3 Likes

@taylor.bishop Been afk for a bit and have not had time to go through the beta/regular forum to see if it has been mentioned but I am noticing increased light flickering when processing low light video with multiple light sources. .

If you zoom in full screen and look at the two images at once; the top image on the right side has a natural warm sandy hue while the image on the lower right has a more washed out green hue. There is a minor flickering in the video however vaei seems to increase that flickering atleast 3x -4x. Thoughts? Dione TV V3.0. Otherwise loving the progress guys

!

ok… The software is great!! the thing is that THE AUDIO! Whyyyyyy! So, I have to process the video ans the audio is a shame! Why! You guys must to fix that. I must to re/process all videos again. I know more people have the same problem. As I say before, why you don’t use ffmpeg or anything and give a great output… I really don’t understand. Cheers…

2 Likes

Hi, i am new to the software, and agree this is an issue, but i have the faith that the developers will sort it out soon.
My work around is Handbrake prior to use Enhancer AI, and that seems to be working for me.

John :slight_smile: