Video Enhance v2.4.0

I’ve got a feeling that we won’t see any major updates before Black Friday. Why? It’s not a good business. Many of the VEAI users bought the software on Black Friday sale, and why not save the best new features after that for another subscription period.

Since a day or two i see the extension ERR after each option…
SO, example proteus 6 parameter ERR.
The ERR i never saw before !

It happened before. Guess they haven’t fixed it entirely.

ok, so i hope it wouldn’t affect the endresult of my project ?
atm there is running a 3 hours movie converting to HD.

Topaz 2.4.0 in macos Catalina, hangs in “Loading AI model”. Tried with admin privileges, granting files/disk permissions, does not work. Can not use it.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Competitor to VEAI

I’ve got a strange problem since a few days (after i updated to the latest windows 10 version and the latest driver for my nvidia geforce 1070 ti):

whenever i start a new rendering job with VEAI (proteus v1), my whole system crashes after some time (randomly between 1 min and 2 or 3 hours) and windows restarts after one sec. i never had any crashes with topaz or windows 10 so far, but now i can’t use VEAI anymore at all and i don’t have any idea, what i can do.
and i’m especially wondering, why not only VEAI crashes, but whole windows.
i’m not sure, if this might be a hardware issue, but i don’t think so.
i tried different gpu benchmarks and several GPU intensive games, all is fine, except VEAI.

what i’ve tried so far:

• i checked CPU/GPU temperatures → they never exceeded 68 °C
  • increased the gpu fan speed to maximum → crash at gpu core temp. of 64 °C
  • checked power consumption → everything in normal range
  • i checked windows protocoll → it only sais, that windows restartet after non proper shutdown.
  • reducing maximum VRAM to middle / to half → still crashing
  • activated “recude machine load” → didn’t help
  • turned off undervolting of my GPU → didn’t help
  • tried all available older GPU driver on the NVIDIA homepage → didn’t help
  • made a complete rollback on windows updates → still crashing
  • tried version v2.3 of VEAI → same issue

i have no clue, what might be the reason for this issue.
do you have any idea, how i can fix that?
Thank you very much

Try pushing your GPU fan to 100% - If something other than the GPU core if overheating (e.g memory) that should fix it. Does the windows event log record any errors before the reboot?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
just tested it → crashed again after 4 min (at gpu core temp. of 64 °C)

the windows event log unfortunately didn’t record any relevant errors, that might help in any way

This is the main reason I disable updates on my apps and OSes and test new stuff on a VM or non-production PC. How did you roll back Windows Updates? With Windows or with a drive imaging program like Acronis True Image? I would not trust Windows to roll back or uninstall anything properly.

true words.
i just deinstalled them in the software & features tool

Exactly the same post I did!

I had that happen too some time ago. I think it was related to maybe a faulty video source file. VE AI probably did not like variable bitrates for audio and video.

i kind of fixed the issue by limiting the VRAM in msi afterburner and reducing the power limit.
i’m still not sure, if this is a software or hardware issue. strange thing is, that benchmarks and games are running well.

How are Topaz apps working under Windows 11?

I checked Denoise, Sharpen, Gigapix, VEAI under Windows 11 without any problem.

• Same here.

I had a similar case with VEAI. During the rendering process, my PC was giving me bluescreens almost every time. And it was very really annoying. After decrypting the logs of all the BSODs and averaging them, I deduced that it was the BIOS/UEFI. I updated it and never had another BSOD.

1 Like

interesting, i haven’t tried that yet.
thanks for letting me know. i’ll try that when i’m back home next week

Load previous session please. When I have many videos in queue and it crashes, having the ability to continue where it left off would be great. after every video is completed the save should be updated to not include the finished videos but only the ones not completed. maybe a future version.