Video Enhance AI v2.2.0

I have the same result with Hybrid, Virtualdub 2, Staxrip with QTGMC. None of them pleased me. The result is worse than Dione. Dione would be the best if oversharpening and artifacts were not there.

I see but it seems you have not used script versions of QTGMC. What was a source footage? 480i? Have you tried mufā€™ method?
What about Dione Robust to have the same fps as a source?

Robust and TV upscaled the red comb artifacts if theyā€™re available. QTGMC has less artifacts but reduced the picture quality by throwing away details. I have seen Netflix deinterlaced some 480i movies and theyā€™re all bad with interlaced artifacts. If thereā€™s a better option than Dione, I would use it for sure. But again, QTGMC is not good, or at least not enough no matter what settings. Because thatā€™s ā€œfreeā€ deinterlacing after all.

Artemis-AA does not oversharpen and does not have artefacts.

Yea I know. I use it every day since Gaia HQ now has more artifacts than before. What I was talking about is Dione models.

Fair enough. But quoting you:

It was ripe for some confusion.

Interesting, once I got some deinterlaced 1080 ā€œiā€ footage and I think quality was good enough. By the way, are these problems visible while watching on the TV or only if you analyze them at 500% frame by frame? As far as I know , QTGMC can rival with some very expensive hardware and is much better than TV set deinterlacers.

Iā€™m talking about the fact you can use it to deinterlace instead of Dione.

This is literally the reason people donā€™t take the time to reply back to people. Instead of helping people, some get nit-picky over things irrelevant to the subject being discussed.

Yes, I should have written ā€œmost often distributedā€ instead of ā€œshot.ā€ Whether I wrote ā€œshot,ā€ or ā€œmost often distributedā€ makes zero difference to the subject of inverse telecine being discussed.

I use VLC on my Apple TV 4K so I think I have no problem using 480i on my TV. But I will just wait for the Dione models to be fixed.

1 Like

You cannot deinterlace with Artemis AA.

I will refer you back to this post from 2 weeks ago. In the following posts, I posted a tutorial how to do it, sample scripts, the theory behind it, an imgsli comparison, etc.

That wonā€™t work for me anyway.

No new version of Video Enhance AI ? more than 1 month have passed.
What happened ?

1 Like

The timeline really fell apart.

Thanks friend, but I donā€™t want to reencode any, I prefer software that doesnā€™t change anything in the original, just edit like a Swiss Army knife, thanks anyway for the answer :).

I know there is a way to do it without touching the original content, just cutting it, and I even know that there is a way to fix part of a video with artifacts with ffmpeg and avisynth, but I lost the address of a site that showed this to about 20 years ago, anyway, if anyone has a tutorial or script I appreciate the help.

Att.

DruidĀ®.

Already answered this answer some posts above :

"Without re encoding (some bugs with subtitles sometimes), there is solveigMM video splitter (not free but work pretty well) for not re rencoding, H263, Mpeg, H264, Avc etcā€¦ (Mp4, Mkv, etc).

i tried all the free solution before with no luck, itā€™s this one which work best with no re encoding. There is a Free Trial.

Wow, if Topaz VEAI works this way, I have to rethink what kind of software this is, Iā€™m a C# programmer and Iā€™ve been working for years in the computer area and see software behave this way, well I donā€™t think even an amateur software would reach this level, TOPAZ FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SET IT UP NOW, MERCY.

Att.

DruidĀ®.

Thereā€™s been a new beta in test for a couple weeks now.

Many users have figured out how to manipulate this program to their advantage. I donā€™t think it is a bad thing, if a person knows what he is doing.

I like this software because it is better than any other program at upscaling and enhancing video.