Video Enhance AI v2.1.1

yes Wing Commander 3 :slight_smile:

I disagree strongly on FPS.

Ok. Why?

May be just because multiplication is usually much simpler than division.

For example,
If it takes 3 sec per frame for a 2000 frame long video, you know immediately it will take 6000 sec to complete.

But if it said 0.333 fps for a 2000 frame long video, you need to divide 2000 by 0.333, then the answer is less obvious.

As i was mentioned in the post, i dont have that “driver” issues.
I am using studio drivers only from the first day with my rtx3090.
i never received that error msgs.
I regulary update the drivers, as soon as they are relased, hoping they bring speed improvements for VEAI and rtx 30x0. But in the last 3 month there was no improvement.

p.s. still asking for the manual save queue option in veai and better multiple veai instance support.
(save.json file of the first instance is still overwritten by the next instance aso.)
I still need to run 2-3 instances to get the the most out of the gpu.

1 Like

Try the LQ and the MQ models too, but with such a low res will be Hard to get acceptable results.
About “deathm Dan” trick… it’s nothing new.

And another bluescreen. This time in full use of the software. It’s really UNMANAGEABLE.
I think I’ll switch back to version 2.0.0 of video enhance. Because I thought I fixed the problem by reinstalling it, but it did not change anything.
The 2.1.0 and the 2.1.1 crash the file system “ntfs.sys”. I remind that the software is installed on a separate disk to save space on my internal disk. Same for the models.

And I never had blue screen crash until version 2.0.0 included. Only from 2.1.0

I guess its a problem with the PSU, because of the Kernel-Power error.
Do you have overclocked the cpu?
I always got ntfs.sys crashes by overclocking the cpu to much.
Another thing was that I need to use 2 single cables from the PSU (different rails) to the GPU and not one with 2 plugs!
Or maybe you can try to limit the GPU-clock with like MSI-Afterburner?

1 Like

No, I didn’t overclocked it. Just to avoid damaging the CPU. But here I am using the GPU. Not the CPU. But neither of them are overclocked

I am still on driver version 452.39 with my Lenovos Thinkpad P51 and their Quadros. No bluescreens so far. Maybe a driver downgrade would improve your situation?

I’m testing with Afterburner to cool the GPU more. And see if I have more problems. But it’s strange that since 2.1.0 I have problems. Unless since 2.1.0, the software would be more resource intensive? I’ve noticed that I’m easily up to 80° on average.

1 Like

Another question. How many minutes of video do you upscale?
For me it’s either TV series of 43 minutes or old Hiht 8 or MiniDV videos of more than 2h00

With the Quadro M2200 of the Lenovo laptop workstations we are using it takes 1.5 sec per frame - so nothing to waste on TV series. Currently we are remastering source footage from a feature film we shot in 2004 in SD. I have initiated the remaster out of curiosity and to find and learn new ways to treat old archive footage. I’ve done that since many years with varying success but this time the results are so good that I am really excited about the possibilities.
Source footage on tapes for that movie would be over 80 hours but in the end only the used takes get upscaled which might be around 4 hours of footage. A take can be 20 seconds long, or several minutes, depending on the scene we shot.
Then the harder part of the remaster comes - redoing all the VFX and regrading the whole scenes.
It’s a labor of love and passion and commercial suicide :wink:

I see.

To come back to my concern, I think I found a solution. I installed MSI Afterburner that “daniel_1188” advised me. Precisely my graphics card NVIDIA RTX 2080 and by MSI. I adjusted the fan so that it does not exceed 65 °. Because before that, it often climbed to 80 ° with spikes to 84 ° at times. it makes a little more noise but now it seems stable because I have variation between 62 ° and 65 °. Never higher.
I hope that with this method I will not have any more crashes system.

No need to adjust the fan itself via MSI Afterburner. Just turn down the maximum temperature allowed and the MSI Afterburner will turn down the maximum power consumption and adjust the fans automatically!

I have RTX 3090 and i7. Case fan: 4 IN / 1 OUT 140mm 1000/1200RPM. Enermax ETS-T50A-FSS 140mm 1000 rpm - 5 slot totally opened (OUT air flow).

I use two instance. I just made some works that during over a week continuated, without any interruption. With Cpu 80/100%, and or the same for gpu. RTX 3090 (palit rock) have only driver nvidia and nothing else.

Thank you, I’ll take note. I only installed it yesterday. So I haven’t experienced all of them yet.

On my Windows 10 Pro v1909, I have not yet had the 20H2 upgrade. I’ll wait for it to come automatically as I always get cumulative updates. This means there must be some preparation behind it for the next big upgrade.

Hi,

I did a test with HWiNFO to see how VEAI makes the Hardware work and particularly an RTX 3090 on Win 10 with my power options setting is on "Optimal performance which offers maximum performance. Driver: Nvidia Studio 461.72.

I took an HD clip, duration = 4 min 27s 250ms and encoded to UHD. If the CPU seems very used, the GPU is also very used because during the 636 measurements, it happened that 245 times the GPU is in Performance Limit - Max Operating Voltage, which means:
that the GPU essentially shuts off the power there when the card senses that its safe limit is voltage. The means of use is the card used to the maximum at this stage.

Maybe an optimization on the use of the GPU is possible or not but I find that it is not so bad.

In the meantime, provide a good PSU when we know that between the real wattage (here average 541 watts) and that to be expected according to the loss of 10 to 20% between “platinium” and “80 plus”.

Hope this help.

2 Likes

Hi,

I think that all the cumulative updates that you install are already integrated in version 20H2 and in addition include other updates only compatible with 20H2. It’s your choice to wait, no problem for me.