Video Enhance AI v2.0.0

Can’t tell you how to reproduce it, but it’s happening to me as well, on almost every process, and on some previews.

I think audio pass through would be a great add on

You can simply add bad the original audio with another software. I’m not a sound engineer, but I know video, CGI, and sound engineers all have to use 4,5, or more different kind of software to complete a project. Its asking alot from a single company to be able to and have the rights to be great at everything.

I hope they can allow audio passthrough though and allowing us to shift the audio a little +/- so we can at less manually sync it.

To automate it, can you make it so you analyse at less two or three segments from the original file to the enhance file and compare same frames from both to see if the audio matches and attempt a +/- on it if it doesn’t match.

4 Likes

Download Mediainfo.

you goto the file in question, right click, and it says everything about it. Before I found this software, I thought I was lucky at having all progressive video. I was so wronge, handbreak by default deinterlaces videos and I never knew.

It was almost half of my original DVD were interlaced.

Thank you for your answer

I’m running Windows 10 build 1909 with a 5900x CPU and an Nvidia Quadro p4000.

Got the warning to please update your windows warning.

Does this really affect how this software works?

Should it be using the 3D processing or should it be using the Encoding or Decoding of the GPU?

You’re close to 2 years behind on updates?

It has often been pointed out that, when you pick a container such as MP4, and then have a source audio, such as WMA, that doesn’t work in h264, if you did pass through you would either error out or have no audio. For now Topaz took the easy road of converting everything to AAC. They say they are working on it, but I would bet money that they will never get a solution that pleases everybody.

2 Likes

Few features to implement on Video Enhance AI :
1- new container MKV ( its the best its lossless quality even better than MP4 )
2- new codec H.265
3- the ability to upscaling to Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ) without using cropping or black bars, the currently situation is i have video clip 720p resolution if i upscale to Full HD ( 1920 x 1080 ), 2 options to choise, 1- is cropping which is bad ( because i dont wanna lose the half or 1/4 of video ), 2 - if i upscale without using cropping i get famous Black Bars which is possible to avoid this. You guys must implement when upscaling without the black bars.
4- Adding 10 Bit Color Depth

1 Like
  1. i’m afraid you don’t know what you’re talking about.
  2. Licence issue or speed issue while processing the frame for now, so not an option for tomorrow…
  3. if you give a 720p file fully filled by pictures and do a 1080p upscaling and get black bars, you have a problem or an issue with your source file which is certainly not a pure 720p file, or you maybe have a widht different than 1280 or with a picture with black bars.
    1-2-4) maybe having a software working great with Stable Gui, with “normal” videos and using most used codec would be more important first, i’m afraid ;).
1 Like

Hello Marty
Explain yourself about 1. " i’m afraid you don’t know what you’re talking about." because saying only that its not enough explain why .

ok, well, Mkv is a contener, but Mp4 is a contener too, not a codec.
i think you misunderstood the difference between a contener and a codec.
Mp4 can have H265 or H264 or H263 codec.
that’s mean that you can have exactly the same quality as a Mkv. i think you associate Mp4 to H264.
Mkv support more stuff (subtitles, chapter etc…) than Mp4 but it’s kind of the same thing. and it’s much easier to deal with an Mp4 than with MKV. at the beginning of VEAI, Mkv output was supported if i remember correctly, but pretty sure it has been removed for compatibily issue, like it’s happening with audio.

Thanks for clarification Marty but i didnt misunderstanding anything, ( you maybe have read too fast my 1 sentence ), it’s obvious Container and Codec are different stuffs.
MKV have more features than mp4 and ( mkv ) is more lossless than mp4 , when you ripping some dvds / Blurays you want on MKV for lossless quality 1:1 , if you use mp4 you cannot get 1:1 quality ( case of dvds / blurays ) and i have read too that mkv preserves more data than mp4 ( if i am wrong than everything about mkv on internet is too fake ) . what i say is what read.

@virtutis
I had belived my DVD is interlaced 29.97fps, but as you say it is Telecined progressive 23.976fps.

I have tried IVTC with VirtualDub, HandBrake, avidemux. The HandBrake worked best in these tools.
But I can not make a perfect video with it. Although it is only a part, there is a problem that the previous and next frames are combined to distorted. It seemed difficult with free software.

I used to convert my issue video to progressive 60fps with TMPGEnc before upscale with VRAI, I think the TMPGEnc automatically did IVTC.
Thank you for teaching this cause.

1 Like

No idea why they don’t use MKV container and allow copying subtitles and audio straight over.

MKV is superior than mp4 in all features, there must have some kind of reason until now for not been implemented.
i think soon or later they will put.

On a “Hackintosh” running Mojave (2 OS’s behind) I got the in-app warning about updating, but the app worked fine. I run later macOS’s on different Apple-branded computers but they are not as beefy (ie, no dedicated GPU).

54%20PM

As for Windows 7, its support ended on January 14, 2020 so while it’s not “broken”, it is R.I.P. :wink:

In October or so, macOS Mojave will suffer the same fate (ie, no more security updates except in special circumstances).

Yeah, agree to all but you are missing my points.

1. Under Win 7 there is no compatibility warning, just a popup that it can’t find DirectX 12 dll, which only exists under Win 10.
  2. I am not going to throw away working hardware worth several thousands of dollars just because support for Win 7 ended. There are no drivers for those 8 and 16-port Raid Controllers for Win 10. Those controllers are running RAIDs with 100 TB each.
2 Likes

Fairly straightforward - finish any processing, then select the file again (or any file) like you are going to do another process. The button will light up as Cancel Processing and you have to press it to Cancel (even though its complete already) before you can press it again to start a new process.

Also, can you confirm if the older versions have been broken intentionally?

1 Like

You can of course do a lossless copy in Mp4 ! yes, mkv is superior of course, and more easier to use, but it’s pretty awful to edit in a pro video editor, as it need to be extracted or converted again in mp4…
(Vegas Pro has a mkv import feature but only as experimental, for example).

example of a command line to do a lossless copy :
MP4Box -fps 24 -add video.h264 -add audio.ac3 video.mp4

Mp4 doesn’t support officially AC3, that’s why when using Mp4 as output, it’s better to use Mp3 or AAC like VEAI does here.
They certainly think about a better possibility about all this, but it certainly take time to implement.

another way to do lossless from an Mkv , just changing container !
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -codec copy output.mp4

1 Like

A container may have more possibilities than another but in no case does this affect the quality of the video … only the codec used has an influence